Stui Dew now a Dewy Stew

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Stui Dew now a Dewy Stew

Post by What'sinaname »

GC part ways with Dew. Rumours are Hardwick or Hinkley to take over at Metricon.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Stui Dew now a Dewy Stew

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote:GC part ways with Dew.
I've always said Dew doesn't look after his own physical state well enough, compared to the other AFL coaches.

I doubt that has had any effect on his ability to coach as such, but for mine it leads am obvious poor example visually.

All those players who signed long-term contracts up there, on the strength of Dew being retained for that duration, have effectively been conned.
I'd be speaking to managers and lawyers about that.

Having said that, i'd love to see GCS and GWS wound up soon, for the putrid money pits they are, always have been, and most likely always will be.

ps. thanks for Tsar Markov.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

"Gold Coast has paved the way for Damien Hardwick's arrival by sacking Stuart Dew because there was a "clear gap" between the expectations and results at the AFL club.

Dew, in his sixth season, was dumped with 18 months remaining on his contract in a unanimous board decision on Monday night.

That came just six days after chief executive Mark Evans' public backing of Dew and denial the club had reached out to Richmond's recently departed, three-time premiership winner Hardwick.

On Tuesday Evans and newly-installed chairman Bob East insisted they still hadn't contacted Hardwick, but that Dew was not the Suns' long-term solution.

"There is a clear gap between where we currently sit and where our expectations lie," East said."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/stu ... 4533&ei=13
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

he would have gotten sacked after the collingwood game but Chairman Bob East was overseas

so they waited till this week. They were actually decent for 3 Quarters against Port but got thumped in 1.
Exactly the same as the dogs against us...but everyones "praising" Dogs for their effort and getting close to the great collingwood...yet the suns sack their coach after that effort... no way... it was the week before against the PIES

mighty Pies
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Stui Dew now a Dewy Stew

Post by K »

piedys wrote:...
I've always said Dew doesn't look after his own physical state well enough, compared to the other AFL coaches.

I doubt that has had any effect on his ability to coach as such, but for mine it leads am obvious poor example visually.
Davoren also comes to mind.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Is it true that Stu has been offered a Daniels Doughnuts franchise as a severance payout?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Well, he was with the Oz Test squad in Manchester. Are doughnuts available in England? Maybe he had a fight to the death over them with Steve Smith.