Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

derkd wrote: Got to say....we would all be very grateful to the media for rounding on both Collingwood and Nick Diacos calling him selfish etc....perfect fuel to fire this team up.

We need the media to attack us every week!!!
BINGO.

Post of the week mate. We have become a media darling this season and Collingwood all too easily drinks its own bathwater. If the media start hating on us again we might rediscover our competitive instincts and go for the jugular more often. Come on media give it to us both barrels!
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Anyone have stats? Feels to me Markov took off recently and Noble’s dropped off a bit. I like that both have upside and give us options. IQ’s been giving us more dash too, so Noble’s maybe playing a slightly different role? Absolutely no negative to Johnny, we just have more players giving us that run and dash now. Crisp another and Bruz has been running up the ground more recently.
Noble had his worst game of the year last week. I thought Markov was good.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

shawthing wrote:It's a danger game. Hawthorn is much better than their ladder position suggests. And over the years they have been a bogey side. We have to come out blazing for at least 3 quarters to win this one.
should not be, they are 3rd bottom, we are top, they are a bunch of no names, if we lose to Hawthorn, then that would show where we are at
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Strong side, but I stll hope Jack ginnivan comes in soon, hes a real livewire, we need him for the big matches soon.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

mudlark wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Outs:

* Cox: omit
* Lipinski: omit
* Mitchell: manage
* Pendles: manage

Ins:

* Johnson
* Ginnivan (sub)
* Carmichael: reward
* Hill
Ginnivan has done absolutely nothing to justify a spot in the seniors.Not even as sub. Johnson in Cox out Hill in and I don't know who the out for him will be,is about as far as it will go

rubbish Jack ginni has been great in the VFLfor two weeks, done very well obviously you have not watched him, hes done his time, should come bak in. , :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Culprit wrote:Ginni maybe loved by everyone but I can’t have him and Hill in the same team. I’ll go further and predict Ginni won’t be wearing black and white next year. The umpiring fraternity and media have crucifiee him. He needs a change of club. Personally I’d get a lawyer and sue the AFL and Umpires as Sellwood did the same thing for a decade.

yeh, brilliant idea, he goes to say the Bluescum and becomes a cult hero there an a real star agiainst us, yeh brilliant idea. NOT :o :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

VicParkTragic
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

Good argument that the team named this week
is the best one we’ve fielded all year. I’m tending to think so.
Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Then this team needs to win decisively against third bottom of the ladder.
We need to have a rising wave profile of form right now, 4 weeks out from finals.
Will be expecting a rebound from last week, and a clinical display against Hawthorn.
Not at all a 100 point win.
Just a win which was never at any stage in doubt will be enough to get us onto the required wave profile.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:Strong side, but I stll hope Jack ginnivan comes in soon, hes a real livewire, we need him for the big matches soon.
I think there is a real possiblity he could still come in over the next 4 rounds. He needs to ensure that he ticks the necessary boxes in the VFL, and even adds a few more ticks to the ledger as well.
Our forward line is still in relative flux, I believe. Nothing is fully cemented. If Ginnivan kills it in the VFL this round, he might well find himself selected in the following week.
He is only 20. I don't see him spitting the dummy on us and seeking a trade just because this year he has spent time in the VFL to improve his game. As you so often say, in Fly we trust. I believe that the coaches are implementing a plan to get Ginni to the level of effort and capability required at AFL level. His preseason this year was sabotaged by his own thoughtless behaviour. I don't think his next preseason will suffer the same fate. He will definitely be a collingwood player in 2024. We are aware of his potential, and would not want to let it slip out of our grasp.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I’m not exactly shocked to see Hoskin-Elliott dropped, but the fact that he hasn’t even been named in the emergencies really surprises me. Must be his first VFL game in a very long time coming up.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

He's named as Sub.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

It's a very strong team. I expect a convincing win
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's a very strong team for sure, but I'd still like to see Ginni return in a week or two. Who he replaces, I haven't a clue, but maybe Lipinski is on a little shaky ground? I guess the inevitable injuries to players will no doubt come in to play, opening up opportunities to others.
Swanny2011
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Swanny2011 »

The only way Ginni gets into the team is if we have an injury or two. There are players ahead of him at the moment that offer greater speed and flexibility (players able to play multiple positions).
Good to see WHE being left out as well, he has helped us out along the journey but he has continually let as down in big games.

Nothing personal here but I hope neither of them get an opportunity to get back into the team in 2023, because if they don't it means I think we the strongest and best team available for finals footy.