Post Match. Hawks humble Pies . All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

stui magpie wrote:When you're 2 games and % clear on top of the ladder and play a high intensity game style, it's understandable for players to take the foot off a bit against supposedly crap teams.

2 weeks in a row we've been beaten by effort. That won't happen come finals.
Wish I was as confident as you

Just like last season we won all those close games....except when it counted...in finals.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Quincy wrote:
Moore provides no leadership and not touching the ball today did not help matters.

I think Pendles should not have stood down. He could have left the struggling Moore to sort his game out. He does not intercept the ball anymore.
WTF?? How can you say this , after an entire season in which Moore has led us brilliantly?? Had a bad game today, and you come out with this??
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Big opportunity for some boys to put their hands up tomorrow.

I haven't got anything else.. the last 2 weeks have floored me.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies4shaw wrote:The great news out of this is that Carlton’s effort last week doesn’t look much good, now.
True
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Hiss wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:What a Joke of a Team we are now

Playing the worst Footy in the AFL.

Midfield is a Joke.

Backline was Terrible and kicking to Forwards was Atrocious

Even our best Players and Nick Daicos and Darcy Moore where Terrible

We again can't win a Clearnce
That’s a bit harsh! Surely you could see some positives in our game today? Did you see how good Nick Daicos was? He will win the Brownlow. Umpires were ok as well. I thought Flea could have not subbed Mitchell so early though. But overall, the Team gave it their best shot today .

Two questions:

- why is the bass player from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers coaching Collingwood now?

And secondly, which one of you jokers on here hastranquilizer Hiss????
Last edited by derkd on Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Well Flea has Australian roots, so would not be a big surprise....hard worker too
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:Can’t wait for Fly’s presser.

Embrace the challenge, celebrate the small wins, express yourself, forget the mistakes, smile…

Vomit.
Really quite a horrible comment.
Did you say this when we won?
We suffer a loss, (4th for season) and you turn on the coach.
We are in a form slump, no doubt. But we have time to address it, if we are good enough.
Give the coach your support as he and our team fight now to turn it around.
I love Fly, but I hate his rinse repeat comments each week. Give me so thing other than the touchy feely cliches each week.

You know what, it SHOULD feel different comes Monday after a loss. “You wouldn’t know if we’ve won or lost…” Two losses in a row, I hope the mood is different this week.
Est. 2002
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Quincy wrote:
Moore provides no leadership and not touching the ball today did not help matters.

I think Pendles should not have stood down. He could have left the struggling Moore to sort his game out. He does not intercept the ball anymore.
WTF?? How can you say this , after an entire season in which Moore has led us brilliantly?? Had a bad game today, and you come out with this??
the reality is Moore's last two games have been his worst for the club.
He has leaked goals like a sieve, all thanks to his inept disposal technique.

We love the guy, but he looked overwhelmed with too many tall forwards to contend with today; more Buckley-like selection errors by the coach.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Collingwouldn't

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Embrace the challenge, celebrate the small wins, express yourself, forget the mistakes, smile…

Vomit.
Bazball presser?
rad

Post by rad »

A lot of learnings. Work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.

We’re still 2 games clear at the top. Need to consolidate top 2.

We’ll be ok. We’re a great side. Every side slips during the season, perhaps this will take the premiership pressure off. Still a few games to now get it all together again and return with energy.

AJ isn’t built for pressure games, Ginni is.
Bring in Frampton at FB, Naicos in the backline.

We’ll come storming home, massive pies army in September.

Last 2 seasons have been amazing, evidence over that time says we’re a great team and we won’t go missing when the pressure hits in the finals.

Believe.
choppa

Post by choppa »

Could someone please post what fly said during his presser. I like to read it
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Vomit.
We are in a form slump, no doubt. But we have time to address it, if we are good enough.

I love Fly, but I hate his rinse repeat comments each week. Give me so thing other than the touchy feely cliches each week.

You know what, it SHOULD feel different comes Monday after a loss. “You wouldn’t know if we’ve won or lost…” Two losses in a row, I hope the mood is different this week.[/quoteAh YES!!! Sack the coach. I can smell it coming from the usual suspects.
Last edited by mudlark on Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

piedys wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Quincy wrote:

the reality is Moore's last two games have been his worst for the club.
He has leaked goals like a sieve, all thanks to his inept disposal technique.

We love the guy, but he looked overwhelmed with too many tall forwards to contend with today; more Buckley-like selection errors by the coach.
Why recruit Frampton to the club as a KPD and not play him alongside Darcy? I thought the point was to use Frampton as a lockdown defender and allow Moore to be the interceptor. Frampton has always played well when he's given the chance. I just don't understand this, unless Frampton was always only going to be a backup. If so, it is a real waste and a poor team building opportunity.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Vomit.

You know what, it SHOULD feel different comes Monday after a loss. “You wouldn’t know if we’ve won or lost…” Two losses in a row, I hope the mood is different this week.

yeh, I kind of agree with you , I too love Fly, but I wish he would come out in his presser, and get a tad nasty, like, "Credit to Hawthorn, but we were very ordinary today, that was very poor from our players, it was not us, we had a shocker, the whole side and we must , must take this on board and learn from it. I learnt a lot today too , changes will be made, somoe of us need to take a long hard look at ourselves, I feel sorry for our wonderful fans who turned up today, to see that. I want to promise them, right now we willl never, ever, put in a performance like that again. " Something like that, its time. In fly we trust. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

choppa wrote:Could someone please post what fly said during his presser. I like to read it
https://www.afl.com.au/video/995354/ful ... 1229574001
Last edited by woodys_world69 on Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.