Post Match. Pies blitz Bombers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post Match. Pies blitz Bombers. All comments.

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 16.5.101
Essendon 3.13.31

Goals: Checkers, Ginni 3, Elliott 2, Cameron, McStay, Hill, Josh, Lipinski, Mitchell, Pendles, DeGoey 1,

Disposals: Mitchell 33, DeGoey 27, Josh 25, Pendles, Noble, Crisp 21, Howe, H-E 20, Adams 19, Sidey, 19, Ginni 17, IQ, Howe, Checkers, Markov, Lipinski 14,

AFs: Mitchell 115, DeGoey 101, Maynard 96, IQ 94, Josh 95, Pendles, Checkers 89, Ginni 85, Howe 83

*Stats being added.

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

MINOR PREMIERS!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Did enough for mine to just remind the competition we’re top for a reason.
Cue was really in the rack before half time.
JDG finding form. Cox clunking marks. Lots of positives tempered a touch by how shit Essendon are. Assume Elliot is fine.

Cameron’s form the biggest issue for mine.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Big game from Titch!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Haff wrote:Did enough for mine to just remind the competition we’re top for a reason.
Cue was really in the rack before half time.
JDG finding form. Cox clunking marks. Lots of positives tempered a touch by how shit Essendon are. Assume Elliot is fine.

Cameron’s form the biggest issue for mine.
Big Darc looked knackered. Cox ahead by a mile, but I like having both when one needs a rest or goes forward.

Sidey rested almost half the game too, getting him cherry ripe
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Got the comfortable victory most of us saw as a non negotiable against this Essendon rabble.

Now we prepare for a much harder assignment.

Congratulations to Fly, the assistant coaches, players, administration and staff for leading Collingwood to top position at the end of the H&A season.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Celebrate a great H&A season. Minor Premiers. 70 pt win over an arch enemy. Kept them to 30 pts. Can’t not be happy with that. Sit back and enjoy the rest of the final round folks. Freshen up. It’s finals time now.
Last edited by Damien on Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Happy for Ginni.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Very understated team song. De goey and Mitch both flagging, in their post game interviews, that we’ve been focused on other things for some time. Big tick tonight. One amazing quarter, rest of the game preservation. Now for a well earned break.
Dispatches from a foreign land
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Whet a year. Carn the mighty Maggies! Onto September!!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Great response from our team.
First quarter blitz back to elite pressure and ball movement.
The rest of the game a holding pattern, enough pressure to prevent them from scoring, but also to prevent needless injury.
Essendon sporadically applied real pressure, which was good practice for us.
But the main point of tonight was to ramp up defensive pressure through the midfield, reassert pressure on the contested ball, and reboot the aggression and ferocious ball movement we saw earlier in the year. Tick in the box for all of these.
It was fantastic to see Cox taking fantastic grabs at the end. Will elevate his confidence levels brilliantly.
Lipinsky had a real confidence booster.
JDG is the explosive factor, and his fuse has been lit in this game.
An extremely professional, well executed game ending the Home and Away season, which blew out the cobwebs and primes us up entering the finals series. I am so happy...so proud. Well done Fly. Well done to the lads.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Really solid performance. Obviously took the foot off the accelerator in the second half, but even then looked solid. Ginnivan and Mihocek each kicked as many goals as the opposition. :mrgreen:

Selection next week will be tough. Moore, Murphy and McCreery all have to come back in, so who misses? Macrae is obviously first cab off the rank (though I thought he was really good), but that still leaves two more to miss. I wonder if Frampton and McStay will be the unlucky ones.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Impressed with Fin Macrae today - linked up well.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

I don’t think McCreery HAS to come back in, by default. I know he apllies pressure, but not scoreboard pressure like Ginnavan does.

But: in Moore, Murphy, McCreery
Out: McRae, Cameron, frampton
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Lots of boxes checked.

The lifters in de Goey, Ginni and Bobby, Coxy and Bruzzy all ready for a big finals campaign. The senior contingent of Pendles, Mitchell, Jamie, Checkers, Howey, etc. looking primed. Moorey to come in. Nicky D to give a shot in the arm in the second final. Confidence and spirit up. Good selection dilemmas.

Congratulations Fly and the club; this is what you've been readying for.

I don't see rising to the occasion and bringing the heat to the contest being an issue in the finals. Injuries will play a role, while a lot will ride on how we manage our shortfalls, being another gun mid, a gun CHF and a gun CHB short, and our rucks not having a consistent rhythm.

Assuming a good run with injuries, it's all on our shoulders now. We've had plenty of time to know exactly what our pressure points are and what teams will try on us, so over to you Fly and co.
Last edited by pietillidie on Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm