Post Match. Pies blitz Bombers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Disgraceful. Win. We had many chances to bury them by more than 100 points and improve our percentage. Now look we will likely play Melbourne in a Qualifying final on their home ground. Time for another schnapps .
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

It was a very satisfying win.We clearly took the foot off the pedal in the second half but still managed to win by 70 points.I thought Cox was great in the ruck,and must play there throughout the finals.He clearly is our best tap ruckman now,and the best to take centre bounces.

And congratulations,Collingwood,on winning the minor premiership for the first time since the AFL has been an 18 team competition.That’s quite some achievement,and nothing to be sneezed at.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Hiss wrote:Disgraceful. Win. We had many chances to bury them by more than 100 points and improve our percentage. Now look we will likely play Melbourne in a Qualifying final on their home ground. Time for another schnapps .
So, we should have deliberately lost so that we fell to second, and then played PA in a home final is clearly what you imply.
Deliberately losing is always the path to self -destruction Hiss - just like drinking too many schnapps
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

gurugeoff wrote:I don’t think McCreery HAS to come back in, by default. I know he apllies pressure, but not scoreboard pressure like Ginnavan does.

But: in Moore, Murphy, McCreery
Out: McRae, Cameron, frampton
This is likely. McReery could be sub…
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

The win was fine but not convincing. Remember the Giants beat this team by 126 points last week so a 70 point win shouldn't be seen as a "we are back" statement.

We have a lot to improve on if we are to compete with and defeat the Dees or Port possibly. I'm not getting carried away with tonight at all. The last 5 weeks I hope we have been holding back somewhat. This QF feels like a GF, win this and we can go all the way because we will have to put in an outstanding display worthy of a premier. Lose it and it becomes far to tough.

Here we go, it will all become clear shortly.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Haff

Post by Haff »

Hiss wrote:Disgraceful. Win. We had many chances to bury them by more than 100 points and improve our percentage. Now look we will likely play Melbourne in a Qualifying final on their home ground. Time for another schnapps .
Love it Hiss. Agree. Sack the coaching panel. Dismal display of strategic thinking.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

People are overrating the performance of Cox.

He had the least amount of hit outs of all 4 rucks and despite having 11% more TOG than Cameron statistically wasn't any more notable.

Neither are giving us enough individually so most likely we'll include both albeit Frampton as defensive depth/2nd ruck might be more useful against certain opposition.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Haff

Post by Haff »

Monco Matt wrote:The win was fine but not convincing. Remember the Giants beat this team by 126 points last week so a 70 point win shouldn't be seen as a "we are back" statement.

We have a lot to improve on if we are to compete with and defeat the Dees or Port possibly. I'm not getting carried away with tonight at all. The last 5 weeks I hope we have been holding back somewhat. This QF feels like a GF, win this and we can go all the way because we will have to put in an outstanding display worthy of a premier. Lose it and it becomes far to tough.

Here we go, it will all become clear shortly.
Nothing to gain from winning by 100 mate. Cue was in the rack. My gut tells me that everything has been leading to this moment. Extra training loads maybe, 5% off in motivation.
2010 if I recall we fell over the line against the crows and lost to the hawks the last 2 weeks when we couldn’t drop from top. Maxwell was interviewed and said it’s hard to stay up the whole time.
Top 2 has realistically been sewn up for the last month. My gut says we will surprise whoever we play in the first final then ride that momentum and effort, hopefully with Naicos back in the prelim.
Time will tell.
Haff

Post by Haff »

swoop42 wrote:People are overrating the performance of Cox.

He had the least amount of hit outs of all 4 rucks and despite having 11% more TOG than Cameron statistically wasn't any more notable.

Neither are giving us enough individually so most likely we'll include both albeit Frampton as defensive depth/2nd ruck might be more useful against certain opposition.
Frampton is first out of this side mate. Unlucky but better options clearly down back.
Cox around the ground gives more than Cameron who for some reason has forgotten how to mark the ball. Taking Cox every day but we will need both against Gawn regardless.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

They just did what they had to. Why would they do any more.

Really tough at the selection table with very solid games from Ginnivan, Markov and W H E. There was also a bit of self preservation going from the old stagers like Pendles and Sidey.

The reset starts now and the real stuff starts in a fortnight.
Best part of the win was no injuries.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Hiss wrote:Disgraceful. Win.
Lol
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pissed as a fart again, the MCG is our home ground too, sunshine. 8) :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Smashed the pricks, tick, got our form back, tick, won by nigh on 12 goals, tick,Scott is a sore loser, tick , top of Ladder, we move on, four start to come back in, tick, we await the Deeees, with confidence and belief.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
makri

Post by makri »

Cox’s seconds efforts are really good, especially for someone who is 200+ cm. I’ll pretend I didn’t see that one where he tried to run around the mark….