Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 days

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:Yeah, longest serving Labor Premier in Victoria. Otherwise, he doesn't make the top 3 longest serving Victorian Premiers and barely scrapes into the top 20 longest serving Premiers in the country.

Best word I could use to desribe him is Polarizing.

I liked him at first, thought he was doing some good stuff, but that changed the more I saw of him in action, particulalry during Covid. My opinion of him now is that he's a lying, arrogant, unaccountable cnut.

Many others would drink his bathwater though they love him so much.
Trump like
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Another rat scurrying away from a sinking ship:
Jacinta Adern in NZ
McGowan in WA
Now Andrews in Vic
All Labor politicians who suddenly felt compelled to "spend more time with their families"
Andrews resignation takes place, despite the pathetic state of the Liberal opposition.
Andrews knows that the next steps of the Labor government will require further attacks on living standards, further austerity measures to make workers pay for the debt that his government wracked up by giving massive handouts to business during covid. He hasn't got the stomach for it, because he knows that there will be massive resistance from the working class. He can just retire on a permanent pension, and enjoy life, while other Labor politicians attempt to impose deeply unpopular measures.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Whilst I’m a little surprised how quickly he jumped, it’s not a surprise he did. The only reason he stood at last year’s election was he wanted vindication for his Covid measures. He never planned to see out this term, but it fits in with his M.O to slink off during the one week no one’s paying attention.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

It's wonderful he still lives in so many people's heads. The Freedumbers are carrying on like they won something. After many terms in Parliament including 3 as Premier he walks away with a nice pension and benefits. In the meantime, the divided Liberals think they are a shot at the next election.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nice pension? $300k+ for life, indexed, is a bit more than nice.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Can a person even live on that little?
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Gees that’s cringeworthy right now.

I don’t hate Dan, he had to deal with a once in a lifetime (hopefully!) situation.

But a lot of people are still really hurting financially as a result of shutdowns, job losses and the resulting inflation.
Last edited by think positive on Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!