Moving forward, 2020 and beyond

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:A quick brag. Did my walk this morning, 4.7km in 42 minutes and half a set of weights. Got on the scales after the shower, weight was 90.3. That's exactly 15kg down from when I started on the diet plan.

Seems to be a sustainable thing I've got going, the real challenge will be if I can hold it over winter.
Great stuff Stui: well done to you.
I expect the bucket load of home made tiramisu my youngest made that I gutsed down last night is not on the dietary requirements
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I thought I'd revisit this thread more than 12 months down the track.

I'm smoking again, lasted about 9 months as a non smoker, then another 12 with just a couple of mini cigars per night then I bought a packet of cigarettes and the dam wall broke. :(

Good news is I've kept the weight off, floating at 91-92kg, still walking most mornings although I've cut down on the jogging as my left knee is allergic to it and after multiple physio and chiro sessions for neck and shoulders I seem to have settled on a light core weights routine that works.

The penny has finally dropped that at over 55 I'm not going to build an athletes rig so stop trying to keep upping the ante and increasing the workload. Things just break. Sustainable is good.

Now just have to pick a date to quit smoking, again.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Revisiting this thread another 12 months later, mainly to brag. :wink:

So a further 12 months on, I'm 83kg. I walk 5 mornings a week before breakfast, average around 5km per walk. This morning I punched out 7.40km in 1hr 5m. The 7km came up in 1h1m40s so I'm travelling at a fraction under 7kmh.

I'm back on the weights. Mixing up basic pushups, kettlebells, dumbells and stretches after walks and pushing at least 2 decent sessions in the home Gym per week. I know I'm never going to be built like Arnie let alone Pendles but tightening up the upper body is slowly starting to feel good and without spending 8hrs a day sitting on my arse staring at a screen, my neck and shoulders are feeling fine

tested the BP today as I have a GP appt on Monday. For years my Doc was happy if I could get below 140/90. Today it was 117/76.

Resting heart rate average is 76bpm, can get up near 200bpm when exercising.

So overall, I'm doing pretty damn good for a 58 year old who smokes and drinks too much.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

love it Stui. Well done.

and it seems like your mental health is as good as your physical health.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Cheers mate, and you're right. I'm mentally feeling good. :D
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:^

Cheers mate, and you're right. I'm mentally feeling good. :D
that's the best post I've read all year!!!
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

Ditto. So happy to hear that. Keep up the great work mate. Well done.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers guys