Pre-Match. Magpies v. Demons. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Given the likelihood that both W H E and McInnes are available, any “ spare “ spots for a position in the forward line are now much less obvious than last week.
Any conversation about Krueger would first start with a conversation about Johnson being retained or not. It’s easy to say Johnson has to go on the back of last week but that decision has to be made first before there is any chance of Krueger coming in. I don’t see Krueger and Johnson playing in the same team together, so it’s either one or the other or maybe neither. Personally, I would like to see Krueger get a chance but I will respect whatever the coaches decide. With three training sessions between the Dogs and Dees, they can tell you a lot about players and where they’re at physically and mentally.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

^ I'd be surprised if Johnson was retained, tbh. You can't keep hitting your head against a brick wall, and a couple of okay moments aside it just wasn't working out for him at all last Friday night. Players get dropped for much better
performances than that, so unless the coaches have clear reason to think he's on the brink of turning it around (even though he couldn't last week, or in Round 2, or in the VFL for the most part), it's not really doing him any favours to keep setting him up to fail.

Maybe best to send him back to the seconds, keep working on him as a defender and treat that as the path back. I don't think he should play forward again.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^well the one thing is certain, in comparison Kreuger would bring application, and try his guts out.
Like many, I'd love to be proven wrong, we've seen the freakish skill set AJ possesses, but unfortunately, like many before him, he hasn't shown the capability above the shoulders to put it all together.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

WHE needs to complete the team’s main training session
today before being determined available for Monday's match.
Hope all goes well.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IMHO, if Freddie does not get a match now, its weird, its now or never surely. Surely whilst we have this injured forward line. Unleash the beast. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Good opportunity for the Pies to jump up the ladder on Monday following the dawks close win over the GWS in Tassie. We're right in the mire outside the 8 but need to win to get momentum going again.

We win with an 8percent boost ourselves a game clear of Melbourne and with byes to Freo and Port.
We win with a 6percent boost and looming losses for the Cats, Carlscum and the Suns we could climb as high as 3rd on Monday night. Other results don't go our way and we lose and we're still in the mire only 1 game clear of the dawks.

No more 0s and draws pies, all wins from here on across the winter please in time for the cavalcade of players returning from injury!
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Excited about this one. We stack up well against these guys. Daics will get a lazy 40 and Bobby to kick 3 to half time.

I don’t know about anyone else but I am riding every other game this year to work out what’s the best result for us (excluding the care factor Nth v Weagles) and so far it’s been a good round
Dispatches from a foreign land
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Johnson named in VFL side tomorrow.
Krueger out of VFL, listed as AFL.

Eyre to play 1st game in the VFL.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

Also note, McInnes has been selected in the VFL 18 ( as in not just part of an extended bench ) No point hypothesising until the AFL team comes out tomorrow but given that Krueger wasn’t selected in VFL, he’s either playing AFL or he hasn't got through an extended week of training. Either outcome is probably 50 / 50
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
think better
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Based on the VFL team McInnes is in the VFL and Krueger will play AFL.
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... asey-clash
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
Also just realised both MacRae and Bytel haven’t been selected in the VFL team either.
In simple terms, changes to last weeks 23 are LIKELY, out - Johnson and Parker. In - W H E and Krueger.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Johnson and Parker have both been dropped to the VFL side.

Me thinks we will just have 2 changes to our AFL team:

Out: Parker, Johnson

In: WHE, Krueger
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Titch out for another six weeks apparently