Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Mr Miygi don’t forget the free Hill got 55/60 from goal and north player walked right beside him when he was looking for a handball give
That takes Hill 5/10m out in front of goal I’m betting he kicks that goal
Then there was a blantant block on Schulz in the last term when WHE was on a wing alone looking to go inside 50. A north player run straight in front of Schulz when he had 3 steps on his opponent 20 from goal
Swings and round about
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

It was reasonable for Sidey and Beau to think was was not 15 and so play on. In the deafening roar it was the right decision to reiterate he had paid the mark and bring them back
KenH

Post by KenH »

Can someone please explain to me how when I tried to get tickets to the game on Friday for 4 people it said no I could find 2 though but for $189 each? Only 38000 people turned up!
Cheers big ears
Simply_Brutal
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Simply_Brutal »

KenH wrote:Can someone please explain to me how when I tried to get tickets to the game on Friday for 4 people it said no I could find 2 though but for $189 each? Only 38000 people turned up!
Because member show rates were poor. Some would argue that why guaranteed seats shouldn’t be a thing.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Yeah I wanted to take my son along, but had to stay home and watch on TV because there were no general admission seats available when I checked first thing in the morning. A pity if there were that many seats being unused.

Some film festivals have a standby queue where if people don't turn up within the first five minutes of a sold-out film starting, their seats can be taken by people waiting. Maybe we need something like that for allocated members' seats at football games.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Scott ran a few steps off the mark, should have immediately been called play on. AFL agrees.
mightypies90
Been liked: 3 times

Post by mightypies90 »

The artist formerly known as schuey7.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

dalyc wrote:
dalyc wrote:
neil wrote:As for the venting in game day thread yes you can do it but it puts a lot of posters off visiting the game day threads
Yes, 100%.

It’s really selfish behaviour from the 2 or 3 that persist despite many posters asking them to lighten up.

Can we have 2 game threads? Us punters can then pick the one we want to sit in on.
Negative Nellies thread vs Mother Theresa thread
I’m all for this.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Any word on if Maynard was cited? Should have come out by now?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Yes. No word on Maynard so has seemingly even escaped a fine. No mention of it in the MRO report so far. Dawson from the Roos got stung for his high block on Crisp however.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Quincy wrote:
masoncox wrote:I think Framp should stay back.
Maybe move The captain to the backflank.
Amazing win.
As I said in the pregame thread TJ is too light to play this year.
He will be a good player in the next few years.
Our skipper is too slow to be a flanker. Perhaps we give him a spell in the VFL once our good players return which might be a wake up call. Pendles will return and he can be captain again. Anyone who saw the GF last year knows he is the real leader anyway. IQ is another one who needs a spell in the VFL, he has had a shocking season. Our defence is a worry.
Drop Darcy Moore? Is it April 1st?

I’ve heard it all now. Some people are seriously delusional. Same with Quaynor by the way.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

What is amazing regarding this match is norf scored their first behind at the 2:45 min mark in first qtr then went on to kick 19 goals straight with their second behind kicked with less than 20 seconds left in the game!

This must be some sought of world record!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

1 match suspension...

Dawson lifts his elbow after Jack Crisp disposes of the ball, making contact with Jack's face.
https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-mro-port ... ns-152026/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Horatio Fin
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Horatio Fin »

1eyedpie wrote:What is amazing regarding this match is norf scored their first behind at the 2:45 min mark in first qtr then went on to kick 19 goals straight with their second behind kicked with less than 20 seconds left in the game!

This must be some sought of world record!
... was a strange game.