Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Haff wrote:The barracking today was another level.
How flat were they when the pies won?
I hate Healy. Don’t respect his opinion at all. I don’t think he even watches games, just pops up with some bs opinion when his pay check clears.
They all sucked arse majorly this arvo - again; vomit-inducing crapola
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Didnt mind the call actually. On a relative scale, was light years than anything BT has put to air in the last 5 years on Ch 7.

Also re-watched with the benefit of knowing the outcome and they did well not to call the result early.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Watched the replay and the commentary was actually pretty good! Healey called umpiring decisions both ways.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Clinton Grybas :cry:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

I find it amusing that people are concerned about the commentators.

I guess it would be relevant to a blind person :)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

AFL Media is a Total Joke

Post by Dave The Man »

It is Appealing how much Sooking has come from the Suppose Media Experts is Appaling.

Bad Calls happen all the Time in Games but IF it helps collingwood at all there media make a Storm from a Tea Cup

​Collingwood have the 2nd Biggest Comeback in the Clubs History the Media comes out trying there best to make it look like we should not Won the Game.

Not Being Postive about Collingwood instead of Shitting on them.

It's Bloody Disgusting how bad the AFL Media are

No Wonder I don't listen or watch Footy Talk Shows as majority of the Time they Talk Shit
I am Da Man
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

Dave,The novelty of us coming from behind has worn a few thin, especially Carton sympathisers. They will harp on a few 50 50 decisions. We have had to put up with It continuously in the past.
In the North game they can't get their heads around that the North player played on after the mark. then realised both sidey and McCreery would have had him cold, slowed and claimed the mark! No one obstructed him after the mark. Let's not talk about other time wasting the North players implemented that should have got a 50. From memory we did get one but there were others I was fuming about!
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

I actually thought Laura Kanes explanation of the lack of a 50 was really good. Doubt others will see it that way.
Haven’t seen the other angles of the Daicos non holding the ball decision either.
We got the rub of the green yesterday but that happens. Just as likely to go the other way.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Haff wrote:I actually thought Laura Kanes explanation of the lack of a 50 was really good. Doubt others will see it that way.
Haven’t seen the other angles of the Daicos non holding the ball decision either.
We got the rub of the green yesterday but that happens. Just as likely to go the other way.
What about the Xerii Free when he took a Dive without getting Touched?
I am Da Man
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^yeah terribly soft. Swings and round abouts. I think we doubled their free kicks though. Far from saying the umpires were on our side, I don’t believe umpires really impact games or cheat or there’s some conspiracy, but you still have days where you get the rub of the green. Yesterday was more towards us.
The Freo game, the other way.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Dave The Man wrote:
Haff wrote:I actually thought Laura Kanes explanation of the lack of a 50 was really good. Doubt others will see it that way.
What about the Xerii Free when he took a Dive without getting Touched?
Sure - but I let that one slide because it was a helluva kick (by a ruckman) to score the goal...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Abolish the media i say.
All full of their own opinions not actually any facts about it.
Time to go.
I would even get rid of fox footy as well and just have free to air channel showing the footy match.
the rest is just own opinions and are a fillert anyway.
Who wataches it and at the end of the day they get paid for all of this.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Yeh, had a big chuckle at slobbo Robbo and his little ponce mate, Whately , nearly sobbing their hearts out regarding that non 50 meter, crying like two man babies, was a joke. How many times have frees , that were clearly there, gone against us ?????. For Gawds sakes, a non paid free, late in the 2018 GF, not paid to Maynard, virtually cost us a premiership, cos the game would have taken an entirely different turn, but nobody mentions that,hey ????? Bluescum fans are the pits, more of them whiinged than even Norf fans, gee, how id love Norf to beat those vile pricks, in the return match soon, and if they play as they did against us, they will beat the bastards, karma can be a right bitch at times. Oh and I also thought Ms Kanes explanation was good, but naturally ponce Lloyd and ol Caro, spat chips against it,naturally.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Two whole pages in Herald-Scum today by Robbo ranting North were robbed. They can all get f***ed. Scott played on, end of.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Two whole pages in Herald-Scum today by Robbo ranting North were robbed. They can all get f***ed. Scott played on, end of.

I have not bought the HUN for over ten years, thankfully. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.