PENDING FORUM DOWNTIME > BACK UP & RUNNING

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Horatio Fin
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: PENDING FORUM DOWNTIME

Post by Horatio Fin »

Verrrry spiffy. Thanks for all your work. 🫡
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Told you that you were a legend Mike
I think therefore I think - I think
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Thanks Mike for all your work setting up nicks for us all.

Being an old codger, this new format will take a while for me to get used to, but I appreciate your efforts. As Cam suggested, tell us where we can make a donation to cover the time and costs involved in all your work. Cheers
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Hey mobile compatible! Well done crew:
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

The green is a winner, Mike. No other teams clash. ;)
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Truly thank you for all you do. Honestly Nick's is the first place I come to for news, commentary and analysis. Am very happy to donate - please advise. :)
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Back up and running

Post by Mike »

Thank you everyone for your feedback and comments. The Bulletin Board is back and running, but not yet finished. The old board was extensively modified and it will take a little time to get some of the lost functionality back in this new board. We've lost a bit of content in the database conversion: there are many empty posts, but it mainly affects posts pre 2000 so unless you're looking back you probably won't notice. Those old posts have been archived, so not completely lost.

One thing that has been recovered already with the new software is the ignore function. To use, just click on the name of the person you want to ignore and choose 'Add Foe'.

I've had several questions about funding. I'm grateful for the concern and that's the first thing on the list once the board is finished - stay tuned.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Hey gang, re the Q's regarding contributions to keep the Nicks BB legacy alive from '25+, we'll have a forthcoming update on this, so stay tuned.

LH on behalf of the BB Mods.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
skaman
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Back and running

Post by skaman »

Looking great! Thanks for all your efforts Mike. Greatly appreciated. :D
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Thanks again, good job.

Just wondering who and what the Bot's do? The "Who is online" tab at the bottom of the page indicates there a users "Google [Bot]" and "Semrush [Bot]" browsing the thread. Are they real Nick's members, upgrade assistants or is something more sinister really going on and the AFL are scrounging for news
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:18 pm Just wondering who and what the Bot's do? The "Who is online" tab at the bottom of the page indicates there a users "Google [Bot]" and "Semrush [Bot]" browsing the thread. Are they real Nick's members, upgrade assistants or is something more sinister really going on and the AFL are scrounging for news
They're search engine bots indexing the site. I must admit that they do clutter up the list and I've been wondering if I should deregister them. They were turned off on the old board and I think I might do it again.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Back up and running

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Looks great, and everything still feels very familiar, which is important. Not quite used to seeing posters' info at the right of the screen just yet but I'll get over it lol.
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the site, Mike, much appreciated
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nice work Mike, and thank you. It would have been an understandable decision if you just went, F it, too much work to fix it, time to turn it off. I and many others are deeply appreciative that you didn't make that call.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ I second what Stui said.

Everyone appreciates all the hard work you do behind the scenes, Mike. Thank you.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:22 pm
The Black and White Lion wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:18 pm
They're search engine bots indexing the site. I must admit that they do clutter up the list and I've been wondering if I should deregister them. They were turned off on the old board and I think I might do it again.
No worries Mike thanks, think we could do with some bots in the VFL side maybe we can send them over there
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark