Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Laugh at Carlscum thread

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Jezza we await the feral mob turning on there own like there’s no tomorrow
If rsukts go again them they could end up 6th at the end of the round
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
Season looking very shaky
What were we actually trying to do in the second half?

Awful game
WIN A @#$%&! CLEARANCE
Kiss top 4 goodbye. Maybe even finals.

Midfield is a liability. If we can’t at least break even there, we play like a bottom 6 side.

STILL can’t defend D50 stoppage.

Save for the second qtr, scoreboard flattered us.

@#$%&! ropeable
Worst on ground is the 39000 fans in the ground. Embarrassing that all you hear on the TV is 400 dole bludgers yelling out for Paer.
Well, I suppose when you put so much time into everyone BUT the Brownlow medallist, you’re sailing a touch close to the breeze.
Can't wait for the presser on this garbage.
Two goals in three quarters of footy. We are just trash. Forget premierships, we won't do a damned thing in the finals
Voss is so full of crap saying he is going to reward VFL form so how is young / cunners getting a game over Binns deserve every thing we are are getting a present
Free fall continues

Not enough run

Poor bottom 6 players

Peaked last year

Cripps can’t give much more

List needs a refresh
How do you kick 7 goals in a qtr and finish with a total of 9.

My trust in this club is gone.
Looking forward to hawks dropping 20 on us
Being stuck at Southern Cross inhaling diesel fumes waiting ages for a train after a loss is a special kind of hell.
Hey Port your song @#$%&! sucks
Pies will flog us next week
We will be out of the 8 after Pies and Hawks games
How can we be so brilliant in one qtr and so putrid for the rest. Typical of Carlton, they kicked 3 pts in 5 min that could have put us in front then allow a goal to them straight after. So Carlton.

1.5 for half!!!!!
I said in the match thread it feels like something has changed at the club, and the lack of drive certainly hammers that home. Are we tired? Have we changed our game plan? Have the entire team lost form or belief? As soon as port started to come back I knew we would get done, perhaps the players feel the same
Geez….

didn’t play terribly well hey…!
Only we could make Ratagalea and Alliir look like superstars
We’ve waited how long for a legitimate chance at #17? Pissing the opportunity away. It’s gone.

Who will we beat playing like this? No one.

@#$%&! ropeable. Absolutely livid.

@#$%&! hurts when you have to face the sad reality.
We’re just not that good
#AFLBluesPower Final xScores:
CARL 64 from expected 64.1 (+1 rushed)
PORT 79 from expected 96.2 (+0 rushed)
it's conceivable we could miss the 8. wild!

i don't think we're a good team. so many losses this year have been the coaches box inability to counter the opposing coach after HT.

we look good, and then we don't respond to changes.
The modern game requires TEAM defence ALL over the ground. Not just the back 6 in one on one contests.

Our inability to defend all across the park has been exposed badly.

We aren't a top 4 team and never have been - we just need to make sure we don't capitulate out of the 8 again like in 2022 because I fear this group won't come back from that.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...
Best list in the business yet another season about to be wasted.

When is this club going to live up to its potential?

Had a gut full 👎
The AFL cost us the win by making us play the last game in round 19 and the first game in round 20.
That’s it we’re cooked…

Collingwood - Pendles 400
Hawks - Flying

Club will spin some shit, change nothing and we’ll do it all over again next year…
Not good enough!

We have dropped off at the wrong time of the year.

This hurts
1.5 to 7.6 I the 2nd half. Not good enough....
Season is over, yes it might not look like it ladder-wise but we are cooked. Hawthorn will have an absolute party against us at the G.

What a disgusting waste of a year.
We lost this without anyone's help.

No excuses
1.5 to 7.8 in the 2nd half.

Absolute pantsing of the highest order.
Another year down the drain
we're in decline...going to be hard to turn this around now.. :'(
Also, how bad was Walsh? Embarrassing performance.
Out coached by Ken Hinkley lol, says it all.

New Holding the ball rules has made Sam Walsh into a D grade footballer, absolutely no where near it.
this loss hurts. i'm of the belief we need top 2 to have any chance. that aint happening now
ONE GOAL IN A HALF sheesh
how dumb of i to finally think that for once in my life that this could be the year after that geelong game.
2022 repeat...

1 goal second half absolute disgrace
When we realise we ain't that good we will be a better team
Let down all of us tonight
Crap performance and killed our tilt at a flag
Need others to fall over now
Only Bradbury can save us
If it's not obvious yet, Voss is not a good coach. Spanked once again.
Good news is we can go back to a default settings as supporters. That being this mob is a bog average list sprinkled with stars and hope is a four letter word.
These clowns are nowhere near it .

We buy the same shit every year and by 2025 north and Hawks will go past us.

Yay!
Love you all

Not certain what's more disappointing.

The umpires gifting them 80% of their score or

The fact that we just rolled over and died. Again.
Goodbye Top 2.

Pathetic 2nd half!
Blaming a 5 day turn around for a month of insipid performances is peak Carlton hubris.

Voss and this coaching group will destroy this opportunity. Currently we are a playing like a bottom 4 side… let that sink in.

Season was over weeks ago.
Horrible 2nd Half. 1 goal to 7

Voss too slow in making changes. Removing Cinc off Butters in the 3rd proved costly.

With current form and how tight the top 8 is, our spot is in jeopardy
Simply cannot arrest momentum. We’ll make the finals but we aren’t winning the premiership.
Second half was pathetic....Literally pissed a top 2 spot away over the past month....Selections and match day coaching have been a joke in that time. Frustrating.....very frustrating atm.
5 players earned a vote tonight. The rest were ****ing terrible. What a poor game after half time. 25 point lead just wasted away in moments.

Collingwood next week and a loss could put us 9th. Wowee.

1 goal in the second half. **** me.
Thought after the Geelong game we were set for a massive second half of the season. We ran all over them. I was so ****ing pumped.

We've barely fired a genuine shot since.

Heartbreaking.

Build me up Buttercup.
Our last month has been dog shit...

There's no excuse, they are capable of so much more than this...
People still loving Voss??

Every loss we have you can theoretically point to his BS coaching.

We aint finishing top 4.
Farewell home finals, it would have been nice. I was surprised we didn't make a couple more changes, the fresh legs might have been more important than the experience. Port deserves the win in the end, they were all over us in the second half. This is turning out as an inverse version of last season.
Pies will end our season next week and stick the fork in. Bookmark that.
Utter trash, blame a 5 day break as an excuse it’s BS, we have fallen off a cliff, we have lost 3 out of the last 4, two of which we were leading by 6 goals.

7 minutes to go in the last quarter, 4 points down and we are blazing kicks, doing stupid handballs to players in traffic and kicking to our players with two defenders on them.

Our only win the last four weeks was an unconvincing win against the team that was 17th.

One goal in the second half, gutless effort.
Just making up the numbers again. Supporters let down again. Average middle of the road side again. Watched a replay of the '95 flag last night and we are so far from that team it's funny. Hope the club offload the passengers at year's end and start building again next year. A wasted year. Lost interest.
This is the second half 2022 repeating itself
So bitterly disappointed

Our last month has been pure junk.
I'm done 14 year membership ,hate to say it ,
Well that sucks. Can’t believe that a month ago, I thought we could win the whole thing. Some hard decisions need to be made over the summer and some glaring gaps in our list need to be filled
Made Aliir and Ratagalea look like superstars
We are cooked... this is not the year gents and ladies. We have no mojo. The last month had been ordinary. It'll get patched over with no H or acres. Voss thought we were good last week against North lol...We were supposed to come out angry against North and turned up with 129 pressure. 1 goal in a half tonight? We are done
That was pathetic … no excuses … a month ago I was thinking how the heck am I going to get a gf finals ticket to what I just witnessed with a bunch of port supporters behind me singing that awful song..
I'm at a loss for words at just how much we've regressed since the Geelong game. I think it's a combination of drinking our own bath water, poor coaching and selection, and injuries and fitness, but mostly the first two.

This team, including the coach, has no idea how to stop a team's momentum. We saw it tonight, we saw it against the Giants etc. We got absolutely smashed in the second half – Port were hungrier and hunted the football and us. Our effort at times was simply pathetic. Umpiring issues are moot because both teams copped it. Yes, a couple iffy ones led to a goal but anyone who blames the umpires are ignoring the bigger issues we've got. To kick one goal in a half of football when top 4 is on the line is a total embarrassment.

This team given its form should not be favourites in any of the upcoming games bar West Coast. Pies will be relishing really hurting our finals chances once again, Hawks are on fire and will be too quick and hungry for us, St Kilda just know how to play us (same as Bulldogs). And from the what we've seen from the MC they'll keep picking the same underperforming flops that continue to stink it up and leave players like Binns to rot.
That was horrid. Mood on the train home is very sombre
9th finish after a saints loss in last round. The only one we could win is west coast and that is really that likely anymore.

2024 is over and this build has one foot in the grave.
Thank god I have friends cause this s**t is not a sustainable hobby.
They haven't looked particularly convincing at any moment since that first quarter against GWS.

3 finals bound teams, 3 losses.

Pretty upsetting that the best season in over 20 years, might still not be good enough to secure a home final (and I say that knowing how bad things could still get).
Who on our list is going to improve us next year. Binns. Reports say he’s going to leave end of year for more opportunity. Our list is ****ing shot. We need to get a heap of contracts away from this team asap.
Season done and dusted, Voss has to go. We have 2 to 3 years left in this window, and we can't throw it away. He is incompetent.
Not coach bashing but 1 goal in a half is out coached
How long have we waited for a legitimate shot at #17?

We have now pissed it away playing some of the most putrid football in the past month.

I’m ropeable.

****ing hurts facing the sad reality we are no good.

Who would we beat playing like we have in the past month?
Maybe we should recruit Allir Allir to play full forward for us, we hit him on the chest all night
Premiership little chance without some serious recruiting.
Don't write off a finals win just yet but this group gives me Brisbane, St Kilda vibes....not quite good enough
Said it last week. I'll say it again this week.
Too many passengers.
Stuffing around with our team balance too much.
Playing too many blokes who can't impact the game.
Stuffing this year right up. Infuriating.
Get us away from marvel as well please.
Last year in reverse.
And people were saying this side was better than 2000. Hahaha. Had a bad feeling all week about this one.

We need Freo and Brisbane to drop one, and to win all our remaining games for any hope of a home final. Right now, we're no where near it.
The reason people are upset tonight is that these games win/lose premierships.

It is not just a round 18 game vs Port during the home and away. These games are the difference between being a realistic premiership chance or just a team that made finals. Its no use getting "serious" when finals come around, is too late then.

If you dont finish top 4, the facts are you are extremly unlikely to win or even get to the GF. If you have to play interstate in finals either from top 4 or outside it is the same.

Voss said it himself "we need to become a strong home and away team"

We are not that team, hopefully we will grow into one, someday.
I was holding this thought back for about the last month, but this team doesn't seem to cope very well when expectations are at their highest.

That finals run last year happened after most of us thought the year was done and dusted after all.

We just need to lift it for the Pies and Hawks games now. Lose them and it looks like last year was a flash in the pan sadly.

We have four games left to get our act together and secure that top four slot, but if we are going to do it then we're doing it the hard way not the easy way!
We are pissing away what was on track to be a brilliant season through arrogance and ineptitude at the selection table. To think we can bring in players after months out, without even having a run in the twos shows exactly how tasty out coaches find the bathwater.
I just don’t know what’s happened since the cats game.

Selection and injuries have contributed but this team is mentally weak and has been for quite some time.
Fortunately we’re still in touch with top 4. Next week Pies and then Hawks won’t be easy games, very hard physically affairs. Next week in particular Cameron and Cox will do damage, huge bodies and difficult to contain.
It gets easier after next 2 games, keep the fingers crossed.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Brodie Holland getting into the spirit of trolling Carlton :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/brodieholland ... 4sfx-pVcO/
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

This gladdens the heart of a old Collingwood supporter
Even when we aren’t going so well I can look forward to a Carlton loss and it outs the shine back on my weekend
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Scum couldn't handle being down a key forward and a ruckman, like we've had to deal with for the past 2 months.
I hope their predictions come true
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

OMG what an awesome read! Thanks Jezza andgo Brodie!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:29 am Scum couldn't handle being down a key forward and a ruckman, like we've had to deal with for the past 2 months.
I hope their predictions come true

yeah I know right?! Welcome to OUR world, arseholes...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I do love a fairytale ending.

By the way, Curnow was just kept goal-less for the first time in 66 matches.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Warm it up! :twisted:

On my way back from the ground.
mightypies90
Been liked: 3 times

Post by mightypies90 »

Jezza wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:51 pm Warm it up! :twisted:

On my way back from the ground.
I’m looking forward to it.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
Voss out coached again now we have to listen to he’s post match interview that will be in a riddle that no one can understand
Sums up this club perfectly... @#$%&! off
We're the team that always let's you down.......

Comeback schmomeback

That was horrible
Pathetic, no chance this year
Do not let the last 10 minutes deceive you..

That was the single worst @#$%&! effort this god damn @#$%&! year!!
Again.
@#$%&! off Carlton
Do not @#$%&! smile cripps…
None of you flowers should smile…

You have beat the bottom two teams in the last 6 weeks!!
Gov kicked one from there after the siren for Adelaide against the Pies to draw a game from 50pts down. For Carlton.........OOF!

Kicked badly all night and that topped it off.
They just don't look Hungry enough and already half the team are cooked with Injuries and lack of form!
We only recruit good two shoes. Mummies boys. We wont dare recruit someone with mongrel and anger in them. Oh no. Just as long as they are model citizens. We are shit. Im done for the year.
at least we can stop hearing about Charlie's streak now. Sick of this team's empty individual accolades
You just knew McGovern didn't have the temperament.
Bottled it badly.
Great last 15 minutes. Shame about the rest.
Unfortunately so many blokes not willing to put their head over the ball.
I hope they listen to that bullshit chant and it hurts.

Unfortunately i think it hurts us supporters more than the players.

Everything on the line and they dish up that rubbish. Never mind the last 10 minutes. The first 110 were a disgrace
AGAIN AGAINST THESE @#$%&! cauliflower.
Played like the biggest spocks cripps 200, if possible played like bigger spocks smelldenbury 400
I turned it off as soon as the kick came off the side of the boot. Did it even get a point?

It looked like he kicked right from where Sticks kicked from in 93 too
The rot started with Kennedy as sub , what a @#$%&! joke

Narrow minded thinking , oh he can fill any hole, handy backup...

He's nearly been our best player the past month and comes on and shows it again.

The rot continued all game with the over defensive , kick long to a contest, stagnant awful Voss football

The rot stopped for a little bit when that shit was thrown in the bin and we played with some dare.

Only for the rot to set in again after the siren with a kick out on the full and smiles all round.

We have thrown a promising season down the toilet and the coaching staff have a hell of a lot to answer for
They just find new ways to embarrass themselves... and hurt us supporters
They have owned the blues for a decade.

Such a disgrace.

Outcoached, outplayed, outrun.

Could see it coming 2 weeks ago.

Bizarre that nothing was put in place to stop it
that first quarter! Seriously our shit kicking is well and truly back!
Just reaffirming that we have become St Kilda
Lost 4 of past 5 games with only win against 17th place team.
The season has derailed badly. Even the swans have lost the plot.
Trying to win game in 10 minutes after being crap for the rest wont take you far in finals.
McGovern $hit the bed at the end.

He has had a few $hit the bed moments.

Personally i don't believe we should've ever been that close but to have a small chance and for a bloke who consistently calls for handballs outside 50 to choke it up like that. Pretty standard.
The ledger widens.
133-4-129
Just switched one, knew the results from gut feel, we are shit. Last year was an abberation. We won't make the 8. So many times.this club shits on our hopes, we should be the laughing stock of the competition
One kick to decide a season as we @#$%&! it up.
The loss we needed to have - this sets us up for an awesome 2026!
I thought I was past being embarrassed to be a Carlton supporter.
We are a dumb, soft, slow, unskilled side that is badly coached.

WTF has happened is anyone’s guess.

Supposed premiership contenders a mere weeks ago and now in complete and utter disarray. Season gone. Might sneak in to finals. Might.

Giving us nothing to trust, believe or or get behind.

No standards. Mentally fragile.

What leadership?

GAGF you bunch of cauliflower.
This club is nothing but pain. Rinse and repeat.
Put a fork in us
Season is shot

Had to win tonight

Cripps deserves better. He was enormous.

Team is too stagnant. Looked better when we took the game on. Was too late.

List is ordinary. Too many passengers.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Carlton (BigFooty) - PART 1...
**** this club, it's clearly been infested by an extra dimensional entity that feeds on disappointment and negative emotion.

We've got to stop feeding it, don't renew your membership
Pissweak play 1 ****en qtr, get stuffed.
The most Carlton loss ever.

We’re so bad.
That shank from Gov literally sums up our season…****ing devastated
Gov missing at the end felt like a knife through the heart
One new member of the players I don't want kicking for my life added tonight. Pathetic effort from the whole team with a finals spot (was a top 2 spot not long ago) on the line.
Terrible loss

Where were they for so long

Always been desire with our club

List is good

No mental toughness

Not winners
Yes the season is over. ****ing weak as shit. We won’t make the 8
Pathetic.
McGovern missing that, nothing surer.

Another few injuries.

Charlies streak over (good).

Coach needs to be tactical as well as a man manager, because our tactics stink and it's your head on the chopping block.
Finals like footy, we failed. List is not built properly. Time for a mini rebuild.
Utterly gutted.

By geez we came at them.

Anyhoo….
Did not deserve it . Shithouse
What the **** McGovern
What the ****
in answer to the thread question
It was over after the WB and Port losses
Even if we scrape in now, we are no threat
Supremely disappointing as was that whatever shot by McGovern
There’s something wrong with us, we were so incredibly clutch in the finals season last year and that has just disappeared in recent weeks.

I’ll still back my team no matter what but I’m gutted tonight.
Absolutely imperative we crash out without making the finals now. It will not be of any benefit to the club that this team is rewarded with playing in September.
I am angry, bewildered and sad all at the same time.
I don't think I can do this any more.
very badly coached
If only I’d known our season was over after the GWS loss I could have done soooo many productive thy.

Oh well, now I can concentrate on important things and not concern myself with these ****en time burners.
Consistently out-coached
Too many injury-prone players
Way, way too much emphasis put on contested ball for our rebuild. Lack of pace across the whole team.
Players are mentally weak, and have been for years

#eco
Never have I seen a club so sure that they are going to beat us, from their fan base to the players.

Yeah, 3 points in the end; but that just masks how insipid we are.

Mots and Charlies misses, Elijah going off of the left instead of handballing to Charlie for a certain goal.

We are cooked, genuinely.

We are the Carlton “Long down the ****ing line” Blues
Just not up to the standard required. So many poor decisions and skill errors. We don't deserve to make the 8 when they dish up this dross. The closeness of the scores will placate some...
What a pathetic kick. And you can’t play one decent quarter and expect to win against anyone. Shit kicking at goal all night. Next.
Time to switch focus onto the off season and what we need to fix the issues we have going forward, 2024 is done we're not finding what we're missing over the next month.
Had enough time to win and that McGovin with all time chocke

Lose to Hawks next week and season is done.

Structure falls apart when opposition applies pressure and we have no speed in the middle
We have no system…
When I die, I want Carlton to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time.
Well that was fckd
What a colossal beacon of disappointment this club has regenerated itself into. With every wasted season takes another year off our prime players. If the off season only sees one or two additions then the Club is taking the piss. With the money wasted yearly on my membership I may as well just put the money in a blender.
Amazing how once coaching goes out the window we can move the footy and score. Voss and co are deadset clueless.
Shame we had to be backed into a corner with out season on the line to actually take the game on and play attacking footy.

Was confident in McGovern. He's one of our most reliable set shots.

Gutted
Another year, another season of heartbreak. Shit team is shit, I have wasted so many bloody years supporting this team for NOTHING !!! .....
****en lmao McGovern.
They just laugh at us every year and we do nothing about it. They are a shit team and they’ve beaten us twice this year.
Coaching/MC has been shit for a while
We'll never stop laughing :twisted:
Shows the players do have some ticker. Shame we have a group of inept coaches.
Play 15 minutes of football and expect to win.
Who do these clowns think they are ? Collingwood?
Bunch of pretenders...play like their life depended in the last 10 mins...where was that all night??? Dawks will flog us next week
Gov with a kick on the full, FMD

Still backing us to make finals unfortunately, bottom half of the 8
Could not have scripted a more fitting ending.
imagine the boyhood dream. a kick after the siren, not just to win the game, but end the season of the dreaded foe.....AND to totally FU the cebrations for their favourite son?

And we got that?
Feel for McGovern - had the toughest kick of the night. Everyone who kicked a behind from a set shot should feel just as bad as he feels right now.
Cant handle pressure. Struggled mentally from the first bounce.
I hope the players are made to remain on the ground to be embarrassed by the Collingwood supporters chanting.
Another insipid performance,too many passengers and players made of glass.
Another year wasted.
You just know that if the roles were reversed at the end it would have been a goal against us. We are a deadset pathetic football club with so many frauds stealing a living as AFL footballers. You just know Voss won't say shite in his presser. May have been a great player in his day but should go and coach Auskick.
I had to book flights last week of September for a European wedding with the missus. Not feeling so worried anymore.

Think this loss might kill our finals hopes and on top of that - the team's moral.
wait until the last quarter to turn up. hope it hurt.

limping into the finals, if we even get that far. hard to imagine them playing with any spark knowing what they've coughed up and how far they've fallen.

can console myself with the fact i never had it set in stone we were in the 8, until the last round. the devastation at how the year is panning out is not as bad for me as it will be for those who 'just knew' we were a very good team.

voss hasn't tried anything and is all out of ideas. he may have to dream up something with a couple of favourites out for a spell.
At the end of the day we have lost twice this season against a team that is going to finish bottom 6 - just not acceptable if you’re trying to be a top 4 team even in a season where many teams are close to each other in the ladder
I’m so glad I have other hobbies that get me over the misery of being a Carlton supporter.

Where was that effort in any of the three previous quarters?

Why can’t we kick straight?

Why do we leave it to Crippa to pull off a miracle?

Why is a good chunk of our list made of balsa wood?

Well done to Pendles. He was enormous in that last quarter.

But stuff me… I hope all this deep pain is for something. Because otherwise… WHY!?!?!?

Oh, and I’m very happy that the Charlie streak is over. We can all move on now.
Hawks will spank us by 60 points plus
We are close… but not close enough. The season is definitely in tatters let’s be honest. Only a dream run of all wins does it from here.
Feels like season over. Doesn't feel like we're gonna make an impact even if we make finals, which based on our current form will be a real struggle.
It's the hope that kills you
Think i would have preferred losing that by 4-5 goals
Haven’t logged in most of this year and last year after being pretty active for about half a decade but just had to comment; isn’t it amazing how a kick after the siren can change everything. If McGovern kicked that goal that would have been my favourite game to watch and rewatch in about five years; but instead I’m gutted and feel like the season could be over.
Go blues. Hope this is the heartbreak the team needs to find out form again.
Parkin was the last decent coach we had
The same 2 players stand up every week ,had enough .
So many to delist a rebuild again ffs.
Not going to watch Voss' presser, but if he says something along the lines of "we'll get to work"... someone scream on my behalf.
We have a team of decent players, and I don't detect any lack of effort.

But the decision making is catastrophically bad, and the general football intelligence is desperately low.

Recruitment needs to be seriously looked at.
Vossy needs to have a stronger Plan B. We were outplayed for most of tonight's game and our defensive issues linger on.
I just do not understand Voss and his carbon copy Hinkley game plan. We are one paced and slow and if off by a fraction it exposes our biggest weakness.

Opposition can just load up in our defensive end and slingshot…couple of quick handballs and we are toast.
This type of performance disgusts me as a supporter. There are not many players on our team with a premiership mentality and they need to be weeded out. Some of them should be ashamed of themselves.
Cripps did his best to ruin Pendlebury’s party and our blokes didn’t have the decency to put in for Cripps 200th game.
We've bent over for Pendlebury for 20 years so its just so fitting that we bent over again with that last kick to ensure Pendlebury gets to gloriously celebrate his 400th.
Very fitting :D
I give up. This club has put me through the wars for my 31 years on this earth, and we never look like making it.
Season cooked. Infuriating. Sick to death of this club giving me false hope. Yeah I'm posting angrily. But we're ****ing losers. This current group will never raise the cup.
Respect to Pendlebury on 400x games, hell of an effort.

We are a different side when we get our head over the ball like we did in the last 15 minutes of that game, but sadly that hasn’t been happening much since the Geelong game. The moment pundits started talking about us as a flag favourite we started to coast a little and then it all went to shite after that.

Going to have to dig deep from here, hopefully the momentum of that last quarter carries over into next week.
Respect to this Carlton supporter.
Another game where we play 1 qtr of football. Thete needs to be some serious conversations had.
Season was over before tonight. I don't think we make the 8. Despite last year's run I've never been a fan of Voss. He just seems a bit...thick
According to your president, he's a coach of "great intellect" :lol:
We won’t win another game this year.

This loss will have killed whatever remained of their fragile belief.

Well we know now this group doesn’t have it, last year was as good as it gets without further renovation and a rethink to both personnel and how we play.

Tonight we had only Cripps, Gov, Weiters and Hewett.

Hawks will do a port v swans job on us next week.
I thought the Pies pressure was a notch above us for most of the game. In that last 15 minutes we regained our mojo (that has been missing for 4-6 weeks).
Our players knew how stressful last September was for our supporters and have decided to act accordingly to make the upcoming finals series as stress free as possible by not playing in it.
Oh well, the way Carlton have been playing in the last month, we were never going anywhere in finals anyway.
Why are people still defending Voss, what has he got on you lot to protect him? We have had minor progress at best since the second he’s walked in the door, the gameplan is close to non-existent both defensively and offensively, players have regressed with only a few improving slightly and we are still reliant on the same few
They’ll be call us “brave” soon.
"We're the team that never let's you down"

Really Blues? Feeling pretty ****en let down AGAIN
This is all on Voss.

The only reason we made a game of it at the end was because the coaches would have had to release their over engineered game plan and let the players play more freely.

When Voss first came in we were flying. Then he started tinkering and we cooked our season.

The same thing is repeating. After the Geelong game we started tinkering and getting too creative with tactics and personnel.

Voss is not the man. I’ve said it for 2 years. He will burn this list
Don’t know why I am so gutted, when I knew before and even during the game, season 2024 is over.
Hawthorn will run us off our legs next week and probably be out of the eight.
What a disappointing end to a year that I expect a GF appearance.
Numb….angry……disappointed

Season is in an absolute mess. I don’t think this group has the ability to come back from a loss like that…No Cerra No Cottrell
Given our top end players we’re really performing no better that Essendon, possibly worse.

Looks like Voss has managed to kill whatever life the players brought into the team halfway through last year.
What this club and playing group have done to our skipper is unforgivable.
Such an interesting season. We could seriously miss the 8 now.
That's now 4 times we've lost to them by a kick or less in the last 3 seasons...

No balls every time we play them
I said it last week and I'll say it again we are cooked. No confidence no dare no speed. Plenty of teams better than us and the Hawks will embarass us
Seriously considering turncoating.

This level of punishment isn’t fair.
Let’s write the story of the season and the life of a Carlton supporter for the last 20 odd years when their final siren actually sounds, but man is that the type of loss that make you question why you’ve invested so much time into it all lol.
It’s funny - Gov’s shot exemplifies our capitulation since the Giants game
Seriously, I love the piss away the game until the last 10 minutes mentality, then find all of our passion and drive to get our hopes up and then crush us all over again. I love that shit. Please sir, can I have some more?
What annoys me is that I’m starting to nod my head at the ultra negative supporters who only post here when we’re crap, and vanish when we’re playing well.

I might take a break. Maybe let them rule this joint for the while so they can discuss sacking Voss and delisting half the squad in peace and quiet.
Deep breath...

That was gutting, tears in the eyes stuff. But...

Would one kick have changed everything? Yes, and that's footy.

Was our hope of a premiership already over (after last 3 losses)? I think so.

Will our learn from and be motivated by this? Surely. Captain will drive.

Will this destroy self belief? No. 4 pretty narrow losses, while all in games we should have won, proves we are close.

Will it help us be decisive making some changes this off season? I believe so.

Should we stop supporting our team? F*** NO.

Will the filth recover to win premiership? No chance.
Keep coping harder 8)
I don’t really want to make the 8.

This season has been a failure.

Some really promising signs early but this back end fade out has been eye opening.

Playing very in-cohesive, flat footy.
Voss is probably the most tactically inept coach in the AFL. I don't think I've seen someone be so outcoached so consistently. It'd be impressive if he didn't coach my club. The sooner we get rid the better imo.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Carlton (BigFooty) - PART 2...
So many questions and I don’t know the answers.

I just hope the club does but after 30 years of mediocrity and a year that started with so much promise this one hurts
This thread is a car crash lol
I’m moving to Norway in Jan. Was recently thinking about how I will watch games online over there. Think I might just move on from footy and focus on some other hobbies.
Every other team seems to go poorly, rebuild and challenge, except Carlton. You can’t trust this team, bloody sad since so many of us put a lot of effort into supporting them.
Voss saying he's proud of the effort isn't exactly the best thing to say imo
Season done we won't make finals.. we aren't near the best
Rather lose by 30 than 3 to those campaigners and especially in that fashion.

Shattered
And to make matters worse, we get the red carpet out and give that tosser a guard of honour. FMD
Just be grateful you were in the presence of greatness, which Carlton would never understand :lol:
IMO that last quarter was purely momentum and nothing to lose and Collingwood stopped. Hides a lot of issues
how many more years can we stay afloat relying so heavily on an aging star. i feel for him. embarrassing no-one else can do it
Frauds. About hallf a dozen get a pass mark, the rest extremely average which also includes the Coaches and MC.
I was at the game. IMO Collingwood aren’t that good. We were just worse and that’s what hurts
Bitterly disappointing.
Our whole coaching panel is pathetic I would sack Voss if we don’t make finals…it’s ultimately his decision who the assistant coaches are
So we've gone from wondering will we finish in the top two, to wondering will we finish top four to now wondering will we even finish in the top eight at all?

It looks like last year was a flash in the pan sadly. Here was an opportunity for us to make a statement and we blew it.

I just think some seriously hard questions will have to be asked of everyone come the end of the year. The ghosts and demons from the last twenty two years still seen to be very much haunting us sadly.
Sadly we have reverted to being a dumb, slow, soft, unskilled side that is badly coached.

Supposed premiership favourites a mere weeks ago and now in utter disarray.

Giving us nothing to trust, believe in or get behind.

No standards. Mentally fragile. Pretenders.

Closest chance we’ve had in a generation to seriously contend for #17 and we’ve pissed it away.

Absolutely furious.
Put a fork in us we are done. Not sure what happened after the first quarter of the Giants game but that is when the light got turned off.

We were playing premiership football and then zero. Quickest high to low I’ve seen. Mentally weak as piss. Don’t want it. Simple as that.
It was quarter time that giants game when I thought wow maybe we are actually good … it’s a long long season, everything has flipped !
Absurdly wasted opportunities over the past 5 weeks.

Too many questions over players and strategy.

It’s extraordinary where we now are given where we were at quarter time against GWS. Baffling.
The real question is why?

WHY?!!!

WHY THE **** DO WE ALWAYS LOSE TO THESE ****S?!!

We look better on paper. We have better bookends. Players with greater potential and greater ceiling. Not to mention they're at the prime age.

Yet for some reason, we always crumble against these (for the most part, geriatric) buggers. They always have us by the balls. We're basically their *****!

It ticks me off. While I hate Essendon more, this team is fast taking the throne because I am sick of it, we can never beat them when it matters.

The record is ridiculous. The head to head ledger has turned well and truly in their favour.

Whenever they are crap, we find a way to be crapper against them?

Sorry for the melt. But it baffles me how much this team can wet themselves against the arch rival.
This is the post of the night! :P
First time I've turned a game off at 3/4 time in years.

It's terrible that Cripps won't see a flag, but footy is a harsh game.
Convinced this team is an experiment in inflicting maximum heartbreak. Not enough that we're 32 points down, let's kick 5 in a row to give the fans blind hope. Let's have a kick for goal after siren, and let's make it one of the best kicks in the team.

Only courtesy was the kick was a shank of the boot rather than looking like a goal than fading late.

We'd make a bloody good Jimmy Rees skit. No Jason! Let Mitch McGovern mark the ball and kick for goal after the siren...
I remember listning to craig mcrae saying how important the carlton game was for them everytime as a club. They let the fans talk to the players about how much the rivalry means to them. I just dont know if Voss understands it like that, or if it does then it just doesnt mean enough to him
We’re 7th now…it’s need to be a good camp session to make finals from here…

Our form is going south and hawks storming ahead …I’m not confident about next week
Was such a promising season and we were talking about finishing 2nd to get a home final…now we’re in danger of missing finals

Something is obviously wrong at the club
Just watched Vossy’s pc after not having watched a minute of the game.
Threw up 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
We've gone from having a place in the top two nevermind the top four in our hands, to a situation where we now need to win our three remaining home and away games and hope other results go our way to get into the top four now.

It's just so disappointing i thought 2024 might be the year it happened for us. We've gone seriously off the rails since that Tigers game.