Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Post by warburton lad »

27 frees to 15 says it all.
The non-50 to McStay was the icing on their cake.
They went in dry tonight, but at least it makes our selection moving forward much easier.
Time to play the kids and the AFL to go back to a two-umpire system and prevent the 3rd and 4th umpires trying to 'impose' themselves on a game that is being ruined by their over-zealous application of some rules and ignorance of others.
If Nick Daicos got the frees for holding that Heeney got tonight, we win by eight goals.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Bucks would have said, "We were nutted at the clearances."

Fly will say (as he does every presser), "We have just got to become a better version of ourselves."

I want to spew!
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

blah blah umpires.it wasn’t a 50
we were outclassed in the end
Warner gulden heeney
the three headed snake
Cameron was brave all game for us
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Besides the Unps.
We have a number of players who are not up to it.
Kipinski had a shocker;
I think Noble, WHE, Schultz, Long and few others are not going well.
I thought Pendles had a poor game and i wonder about his impact next year.
I thought our big guys kept us in the game.
No first pick this year.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Call it whatever we want, 2024 is done, thank goodness. We have two games left to start working on the 2025 version...I hope the club is bold.in the off season.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

WHE is an interesting one when you see the footage on the blocks etc. Schultz has to do more. Ginni was a match winner, Schultz is not.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

Gutted. Just gutted.
Cheating umpire scum aside, we cant give up five goals in a quarter.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:02 pm So I’m guessing the umpires didn’t like Pendlebury explaining how to umpire to them during the quarter break.
What gave it away?
Mr Miyagi wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:02 pm AFL has a huge umpiring issue, four umpires has made it worse and there’s obvious bias and corruption
The arsehat McLaughlin left the AFL as a steaming turd pile for Dillon and Twithead to clean up.
His definition is sweeping it all under a big rug and hoping it goes away.

Weekly changes to holding the ball definitions, tackling rules, concussion incidents, kangaroo court decisions; it's all so pathetically laughable.

Idiotic rule changes in general, i.e. "stand or its 50", ""don't get too close to player in protected area or its 50".
None of which ever effect the player trying to spot up a target. Absolutely ruined the game as a spectacle.

And my favourite: Instant free kicks in front of goal, after a goal has just been kicked, due to defenders infringing on forwards.
We benefitted from that fiasco tonight for I think the first time f#cking EVER.
But really, it should be a free from the centre, regardless of where on field it occurs, after the initial goal has been kicked.

And don't start me on the "fixture"; the biggest con-job joke of them all. Total DICKHEAD LOTTO.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Where are all those posters who were elated Ginni is gone.
I knew last year letting him go was a mistake, fkn laughing stock we are now.

Surely the Shultz followers can now see just how costly he has been…
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

i hate carlton wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:16 pm Gutted. Just gutted.
Cheating umpire scum aside, we cant give up five goals in a quarter.
I feel the same way. We squandered a golden opportunity to keep our season alive.

Bottling a 27-point lead is inexcusable. Absolutely filthy that we don't seem to know how to close a game out comfortably. We did the same thing last week, but narrowly avoided defeat.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Will do no good to blame the umpires aside from having other supporters laugh in your face. We were killing them when they were bad all night. They didn’t stop our run and effort, they didn’t go into game saving mode that this current team just can’t execute.
Maybe there is some currency in bottom 6 just can’t run out games but for mine Fly and co need to take a look in the mirror. I personally want a new game style next year. The 2022 version was good enough to get us a flag in 2023. The list we have and the competition catching up means it doesn’t work in 2024 and certainly won’t in 2025.

Can we all just acknowledge for a second my perfect cash out after we kicked the first goal of the last qtr? Sorry couldn’t resist (if I wasn’t laughing I’d be crying)!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:43 pm No way did the Swanettes deserve to win this game. That's what burns me so hard. I hate that club and its city to be honest. Hate it with a passion.

The good news is we now are certain to have a five week extra break in the off season. Get everyone right and reboot for 2025. But the other thing that's certain is we need a new game plan. The best way to save a game is to win it! Kick goals, don't shut up shop.

JDG and Checkers would have made a difference in the goal scoring dept, JDG is our version of Bontempelli, but it is what it is. Unending injuries ruined the season, never did we get a break from them. But yes, an extra long break, Put JDG in for Operations etc, anyone else, hit the draft, trades hard, rest up, re load for next season, with a better fixture too.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Haff wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:23 pm Can we all just acknowledge for a second my perfect cash out after we kicked the first goal of the last qtr? Sorry couldn’t resist (if I wasn’t laughing I’d be crying)!
Okay, just for shit and giggles: what was the outlay, odds, and pay-out figure? :lol:
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

2024 has been largely disappointing for the club, but the one positive is we beat Carlton twice and honoured Pendles in the right manner in his 400th.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Jezza wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:30 pm 2024 has been largely disappointing for the club, but the one positive is we beat Carlton twice and honoured Pendles in the right manner in his 400th.
Agree Jezza. But we should have seen the writing on the wall in that last quarter last week. But for a McGovern shank we'd have lost that one to a big last quarter comeback as well. Something's not right with this team's psyche at the moment.