Is your passion for Collingwood or AFL Football?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

IS your passion for Collingwood or AFL Football?

I’m only interested in Collingwood
80%
I have an interest in both Collingwood and AFL Football equally
20%

Total votes: 10

slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Is your passion for Collingwood or AFL Football?

Post by slangman »

I haven’t watched a minute of footy since Friday night and have no intention of following any game that doesn’t involve Collingwood and have also unfollowed all non-Collingwood footy social media. I’m bordering on giving up on footy and the absolute sh*t show that it has become.
I am frustrated with the deplorable umpiring, rubbish commentary and political narrative crap that is getting worse by the year that I wonder why i should even bother.
I love Collingwood and will continue to do so but for the actual game and league itself, my passion and interest is diminishing fast which saddens me because footy has been in my blood for decades.
- Side By Side -
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Is your passion for Collingwood or AFL Football?

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

I used to watch a fair bit of VFL/AFL football back in the day but no longer.
I think the flooding, congestion around the ball, constant rule changes, over-umpiring etc. etc. have negatively impacted the game.
I know the season isn't over but just compare Coleman counts:
2024 Jesse Hogan (GWS) 61
1991 Lockett 118
1992 Dunstall 139
1993 Ablett 124
If Collingwood wasn't involved I'd probably just watch the Eastern FL.