BOTH Pendles and Sidey should retire.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: BOTH Pendles and Sidey should retire.

Post by lazzadesilva »

lazzadesilva wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:43 pm
lazzadesilva wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:42 pm I’m certain that with a full list with no significant injuries, we will most definitely be in contention for the flag. (I also think competent umpiring will be a huge bonus). I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t beat the final eight clubs at the MCG. If all the planets align along the conditions above, I would be confident of winning the flag.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Both need to be prepared to steer the vfl team to a finals berth - and there’s nothing wrong with that. Our lack of competitiveness in the vfl has been a disgrace and hindered our development.
Buon Giorno
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

^
Yep total agree. Need to see hunger to play on the big stage from the kids. We can moan all we want about too many old timers in the team, but the VFL needs to step up to push them out. Can’t just expect games just because.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Jezza wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:31 pm Pendles and Sidey will probably retire at the end of next year.

In an ideal world, they might have retired after the Premiership ...
And then... as we finish the 2024 season 9th, guess what would have spewed from this forum:
"Oh, ya know, if Pendles and Sidey had played on like they should have, we would have made the eight easy..."
Which in itself wouldn't have been an outrageous observation, as hypothetically we'd effectively had no midfield all season,
with Pendles and Sidey removed, along with JDG and Mitchell largely absent for significant weeks.

As reality showed us, our own bathwater must be a decent drop to drink, as plenty of it was consumed from October 2023 to around July 2024...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever