Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Post by LaurieHolden »

Bucks5 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:31 am I have read on another forum (EB&W) that Port Adelaide are trying to poach Beau McCreery for the 2026 season and will be offering him a 4-year contract on big dollars. I think he would be a big loss if we do not match their offer.
Clear statement of the type of player they're looking to add to their list if they're going after Kozzy Pickett and Beau McCreery.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by The Black and White Lion »

^
Yep can understand the SA lure for McCreery, I reckon they were watching Double H also. Beau is a great part of our pressure machine and would love to see him play more of a Centre Forward role but he's been effective in what he does along the flanks. he's just got those bigger bones muscle and heart and speed that set him aside. He's an upgrade on Powell Pepper for Port. He'd be an upgrade full stop for Adelaide too. I think Beau has upside getting more midfield minutes.

If the time comes and Beau wants to go home so be it but if that happens, I want the Pies to drive the trade terms and maximise the benefit. Current history says that players in contract or top dollar FA get the best results. First round pick, top 10 preferred please. I think that would be a fair return on a speculative draft pick, one of Hine's recent best picks.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

It's still Peatling, Davies and Perryman who we're doing the dance with according to Riley Beveridge from Gettable.

[media]https://www.afl.com.au/video/1211413/ge ... 5408572001[/media]
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Bucks5 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:31 am Don't lose sight that trading and player movement is a two way street.

I have read on another forum (EB&W) that Port Adelaide are trying to poach Beau McCreery for the 2026 season and will be offering him a 4 year contract on big dollars. I think he would be a big loss if we do not match their offer.
Player managers leak BS to get the Players they manage Pay increases which amazingly increases their remuneration. How many players get linked to Collingwood and then re-sign contracts? You can't keep everyone happy and clubs say sorry we can't afford you and best wishes and lets deal and get a win win for all sides.

Stringer and Laverde are a good example of when you want too much.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Post by Presti35 »

^ ^We cannot be letting Beau go!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I'm nervous about Beau leaving now. He is very much a required player. Leg speed, goal sneak, big bodied, pressure player, run down tackling... he is a great player to watch.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Interesting quote re: Lukosious

Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell says the club is happy for Jack Lukosius to speak with rival clubs, but the Suns won’t be giving him away for nothing.

No Jack Bowes type trade then. Which is probably what a lot of clubs were hoping for.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Is Darcy Macpherson worth a rookie spot for a year? Delisted by the Suns today. Had a decent looking season in 2023; https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... erson.html
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

The Noble replacement is obvious Markov
We did it last year in the GF
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Culprit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Stringer and Laverde are a good example of when you want too much.
I don’t have a problem with players being mercenaries as long as the current club either says okay or nokay to their demands. If it’s a no, let the player go to where he can get the best money (eg. Grundy, Carman, Coll to Swans, Peter Moore to Melbourne etc etc. as many players have done. The downside to this is that some players (like Peter Moore) regretted leaving Collingwood years later.
As they say AFL players have a limited shelf life and they have to maximise their income, unlike most of us who used to have long working careers in other fields of employment.
Collingwood could do worse than picking Stringer for a two year deal. I might be totally wrong but geez, JDG and he could be a force in our forward line. Do it ‘pies!
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Magpies join chase for Port Adelaide’s Dan Houston. The Age, September 3, 2024
Collingwood have joined Carlton and St Kilda in an effort to convince All-Australian defender Dan Houston to leave Port Adelaide at season’s end despite the likelihood of a trade remaining small. The suspended Houston told South Australian radio last Friday he would be at Port Adelaide next year after speaking to the Magpies and the Blues while in Melbourne for the AFL awards night last week. Houston is aware that he is most likely to be retained by Port Adelaide, where he is happy. “I love the place. I love the football club and the football club has been good to me, so I am committed to Port Adelaide,” Houston told 5AA.

Port Adelaide were after two first-round selections for the dual All-Australian, which looked possible when Melbourne were interested, however Houston cooled on that plan as the Demons endured the turmoil relating to Christian Petracca’s strong stance that the club needed to address ongoing issues. Port Adelaide don’t want to lose Houston but saw the chance to get into a deep draft and fill his position with unrestricted free agent Harry Perryman if Houston was determined to return to Victoria.

The Magpies traded out their 2024 first-round selection for Lachie Schultz last year but will negotiate with Gold Coast after defender John Noble requested a trade, making it difficult for them to come up with a package suitable for Port Adelaide. Collingwood’s Joe Richards is weighing up an offer from Port Adelaide, which could form part of a Magpies offer to the Power.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Dan Houston is the first name that has me interested and in saying that we are at the back of that far queue in grabbing him. We are 40m behind the starting blocks at the Stawel Gift. We pick up Dan it will be a miracle.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

“Far queue”?
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

But if Dan says "Collingwood", then we can get it done. However, Joe and next years first could be the best we can offer.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

SEN today mentioned that we spoke to Noah Cumberland some months back. But also that nothing much has happened recently between player and club.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... rland.html

From the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, he was also a member of the Brisbane Lions Academy and played in their 2019 NEAFL Grand Final win, where he kicked two goals. Lions passed on him when Richmond placed a bid on him with the 43rd pick in the 2019 Draft. He was delisted at the end of the 2021, but re-drafted as a rookie by Richmond before 2022.

25 games in the last three years, no real stand out games apart from kicking 5 against the Lions in 2022.

Dont think there's much to see here, but they just mentioned it. Apparently Howe was his favourite player.