Brownlow Fashion 2004

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

frazwatch

Brownlow Fashion 2004

Post by frazwatch »

I know that this is a bit late but what did you all think about the fashion at the Brownlow this year?
I thought Lisa Lloyd looked stunning. Really elegant, classy and beautiful. She gets my 3 votes. It suited her perfectly and her hair looked nice in the ringlets. The B.O.G for sure.
Tania Buckley looked shocking. Please put them away Tan! Seriosly she looked really cheap and tacky (sorry Bucks!)
Sam Lane *shudders* Need I say any more?
Jo Silvagni looked beautiful.
Carla McGuire looked really elegant like Lisa. Her hair looked really nice.
Danielle Harvey looked awful. Bad dress, bad hair and bad make up.
Wasn't that big a fan of the dress but I hope I look as good as Tania Hird when I have kids one day!
I can see why the guys liked it but I didn't like Rebecca Twigley's dress at all. Thought it made her look pretty slutty altough she does have a very pretty face.
Don't think Samantha Druce (Ben Cousins' girlfriend) looked dressed up enough if you know what I mean. The Brownlow is a big event and she kind of wore something that a 14 year old would wear IMO. It didn't look necasarilly bad it just didn't fit the occasion.
Anyway what were your thoughts on Brownlow Fashion 2004?
sam.

Post by sam. »

Samantha Lane and someone else, I can't remember who, ended up wearing the same dress.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
frazwatch

Post by frazwatch »

Yeah I heard that. The other girl was Kylie who is the girlfriend of Josh Fraser. Didn't really like the dress on either of them but it looked better on Kylie.
Obrees_girl

Post by Obrees_girl »

I found the girls who did't try and have everything hanging out were the ones who looked the most stunning.Lisa Lloyd was the best by far and Carla came up tops aswell.Gary Ablett and date where very nice together

But what was with these all the girls forgetting what the real reason for them being there was?? Like Judd date, she is getting more coverage then Judd is she ever going to say ok enough already dont ask about me .ask how I feel about Judd's win.. Or Aussie Jones date carrying on about how her hair didn't work,how her make up was wrong and how fat she is blah blah blah not once did she say how she thought aussie did well all year and hopes he comes close to winning.. NO not one mention of aussie just her.. She did forget how flat chested she is and the dress was shocking on her though :lol:
But once again Lisa Lloyd shone through again by not talking much about herself and talking more about Mat
Oh well there is my whine
obree wins brownlow for the 5th time in a row!!!!
MagpieMegan

Post by MagpieMegan »

I thought Carla looked all class - some of the others were interesting but the coverage on tv was good.

I agree about Samantha Lane!
melissa

Brownlow fashions

Post by melissa »

Good to see i wasn't the only one who thought Rebecca Twiglys dress was disgusting. A girl with her looks shouldn't have to try and show up her boyfriend, it was pretty immature if you ask me. Sam Lane always gets dressed in the dark and what the hell is going on with her hair? I liked Gary Ablett Jnr's date's dress best, and they looked good together, with his pink tie! He'd be alright if he brushed his hair occasionally. I hated Shane Crawford's suit. God it was the height of UGLY. And is it just me or did Sandra Sully think she was at Melbourne Fashion Week instead of the Brownlow? The whole night is supposed to be about the guys, not about their girlfriend's dresses. Speaking of which, is Brodie still with Sirita? She used to wear some wierd shit, that girl.
Congrats Bucks, on a great return! Bring on the Crows!
MagpieMegan

Post by MagpieMegan »

I think it is turning into more of a ladies night than one for the Brownlow...
frazwatch

Re: Brownlow fashions

Post by frazwatch »

melissa wrote: Speaking of which, is Brodie still with Sirita? She used to wear some wierd shit, that girl.
Don't think so. I think I saw a picture of Sarita in the Herald Sun a couple of weeks ago when they had some pics of Brownlow fashion throught the years and it said "Sarita Stella, then girlfriend of Brodie Holland, in the 2002 Footy Dress" or something along those lines.
That 2002 Footy Record Dress, the one like a footy, was horrible IMO.
MagpieMegan

Post by MagpieMegan »

Why do they have one of those dresses anyway? It is just a waste!
frazwatch

Post by frazwatch »

I know. They're always really bad. If I got to go to the Brownlow I'd want to wear something that was elegant and classy not something that looks like a footy or anything like that! lol.
sam.

Post by sam. »

Obrees_girl wrote:I was just wondering do they have to be single to to be in the book??
Or just not married also I swear in the paper the other week they had a picture of serita and the brownlow in the footy dress and it said under it Brodie Hollands then girlfriend
BRoDieZ^BaBY wrote:I'm pretty sure they are still together..

To be a bachelor, you have to be unmarried.. that's the whole thing. If your going out with someone, you're still considered to be a bachelor.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Channel 10 needs to find a decent stylist for Sam Lane over the off season. Brownlow night was a shocker but not as bad as some of the things she wears on Before the Game and my three year old could do a better job with her hair. As far as general Brownlow fashion goes, too many partners have been to the Pamela Anderson school of trailer trash dressing. Need to get some tips on style and class - way too may forgetable outfits. These girls should know to keep the fancy dress for the Melbourne Cup.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Lu Lu 25

Post by Lu Lu 25 »

I actually thought Sam's dress was nice on brownlow night,
Josh Frasers girlfriend Kylie looked better in it though, Kylie looked alot thinner then Sam and bronze/gold seems to look better on blondes especially if they have tanned skin like Kylie did.

I think all the Collingwood girls looked good this year!
Carla looked classy as always and I loved the colour of Tania's dress too!!