Round 10 Williamstown v Geelong

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

WKB

Post by WKB »

JAJH wrote: Thanks for your vote of confidence, Chris.
Mate I'm just calling it how I see it, believe me if I thought he was no good I'd say so, I'm just glad you're related to John and not poor old Brent Hall.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Good luck to JA, kid certainly appears to have just what we need in terms of a KP defender coming through and whether its this year, next or whenever, I certainly hope he takes his opportunity.
collingwoodjoe

Post by collingwoodjoe »

might still have another 0.9cm's or so to grow too at his age. exciting prospect.
go pies!
loki04

Post by loki04 »

do williamstown play this week?
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
daicos from the boundry

Post by daicos from the boundry »

Just thinking about this week not playing is a big disadvantage for Willi with playing Werribee (Bulldogs).Bulldogs played on Saturday night and players can now back up this week to, cant they?
Then I thought poor Dogs have got that many injuries probably havent got enough plays to cover anyway.
Utter B@stards
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

No, you need a special exemption from the VFL to play AFL listed players when your AFL affiliate has the week off, we had to get 1 for Bucks last year but he was coming off an injury, they wouldnt grant one to blokes who played AFL the week before and the AFLPA may not agree with it
daicos from the boundry

Post by daicos from the boundry »

What about the other way around can say the Blues play Kennedy who kicked Five for the Bullants this week.Would of been good to give Rhyce and Richards a run before coming back for this week.Thought I throw Richards in there Eddie, no how much you like him :wink:
Utter B@stards
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Guy Richards, the one bloke who has done absolutely **** all at any level yet still gets games at the top level over more in form players and despite getting far better opportunities still does nothing

As for the Blues, hell yeah they can, there is no limit on AFL selection, only on VFL selection
cfc2009-10-11-12

Post by cfc2009-10-11-12 »

Would any of you guys think the rookie kids Cox, Nicholls & Toovey have any chance of being selected in the next pre-season draft???
Daicos, this is when he's at his best, the MAAASSSTTTTTEEERRR!!!
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

we can just elevate them if nessassary
WKB

Post by WKB »

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:Would any of you guys think the rookie kids Cox, Nicholls & Toovey have any chance of being selected in the next pre-season draft???
Although we are well aware of the step up from VFL to AFL level but even though these kids may not end up at Collingwood I think they can all play.

It would be fair to say that even though I've seen the least of Shannon Cox he looks the purest footballer, in terms of his size and versatility.

I've mentioned before that Tooves just never stops, I'm not saying he isn't skilled but he has a bit of Licca about him in the sense that he seems to always want to keep going.

I'm a big fan of Danny Nicholls, not comparing him in any other sense except that like browny used to do, nicholls will just put his head down and go where the footy is with no regard for his own safety it seems. Tenacious would be a very accurate word
bokka

Post by bokka »

WKB wrote: I'm a big fan of Danny Nicholls, not comparing him in any other sense except that like browny used to do, nicholls will just put his head down and go where the footy is with no regard for his own safety it seems. Tenacious would be a very accurate word
WE could definitely use one of those. Is he a crash straight through Byron P type, or a bounce off but ignore the pain type?
WKB

Post by WKB »

bokka wrote:
WKB wrote: I'm a big fan of Danny Nicholls, not comparing him in any other sense except that like browny used to do, nicholls will just put his head down and go where the footy is with no regard for his own safety it seems. Tenacious would be a very accurate word
WE could definitely use one of those. Is he a crash straight through Byron P type, or a bounce off but ignore the pain type?
definitely not the byron type, a small kid but he wants the balls and will go and get it, regardless of what is coming or who is in the way.
bokka

Post by bokka »

WIsh I was in Melb, I'd go and watch a game or 2.