Raffle 3: Presidents Dinner

This forum is for news & views about Nick's Bulletin Board sponsored player Remember that this is 'our' player so we want to keep all posts positive and encouraging.

Moderator: bbmods

MargOZ

Raffle 3: Presidents Dinner

Post by MargOZ »

Hi Everyone,

I'm still waiting to receive final info from the Club regarding the Presidents Dinner this Friday night. I'm hoping I'll receive details in today's mail. It is going to be short notice again for our raffle but we'll see how we go.

Next week I will also raffle off the final prizes, including a signed CFC guernsey.

Cheers,
Marg
uey

Post by uey »

Thanks Tweety - whoever goes - please wish Jack our best.
NICKS BB 2007 PP Scott Pendlebury
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

i got mine today in the mail Marg, so you should get yours too. Express Post.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
MargOZ

!

Post by MargOZ »

Hi guys, well I've decided to make an executive decision! I hope it's okay with everyone.

As the tickets have arrived so late (I will do the raffle earlier next year before the tickets are sent out), and I am not in Melbourne to easily pass the tickets on at short notice, I thought I would use the dinner tickets on Friday night.

I'm hoping John Anthony will also be there, as it will give me the chance to finally say hello and to ask him to draw our final raffle prizes, including the signed CFC jumper.

I didn't go into running the NBB Sponsorship to gain anything, it's really just been fun to do, but I must admit it will be nice to get something in return after all these years! :D

So I will do a report afterwards and of course have the big announcement of who the lucky winner of the signed guernsey is.

And here's hoping for a big win on Friday night as well!

GO PIES!
Marg
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Hi guys,

Well the dinner was lots of fun, even if the result didn't go our way at the end of the night! Unfortunately there were no players in attendance but there were plenty of business people and special guests - and of course a few of us 'average' supporters as well! I couldn't believe there were 750 people attending the dinner - the room was SO long! They had large screens all around the room just so we could see Eddie's speech!

Eddie did a round of thank you's to the many sponsors, businesses and guests. That included John Bertrand and his wife, Mike Fitzpatrick, Giaan Rooney, Des Tuddenham, and Nathan Buckley's parents (who Eddie thanked profusely!!! LOL!) - and plenty of other names I have forgotten! Some of the more obvious faces around us during the evening included Gary Pert, Ian McMullin, Eugene Arocca, Peter McKenna and we did cross paths with Licca at one stage. Eddie also spoke about drugs in sport and showed part of the Andrew John's interview on the Sydney Footy Show.

Sitting up in the 2nd level with 'the suits' was interesting! They were being vocal but not as animated as the fantastic group of people we usually sit with at Telstra Dome. I did kinda miss the atmosphere in our 'old seats'! LOL! Oh, and I will say that Ian McMullin certainly gets VERY emotional during a game of footy!

A fun experience - just wish the Pies had put on a better show!

Marg

Didn't take many photos but here are a few:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Marg, i didn't see you! what table were you on? I was on table 7
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Hi PP - I was on table 13. Did you enjoy the dinner? I'm still amazed how big the room was and how many people were there!
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

was huge! great evening as well.

bout time you actually took a prize Marg, y ou've worked tirelessly on the sponsorship for for years.