Cheer Squad "Uniform"

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

magpie_born_and_bred

Post by magpie_born_and_bred »

i didnt say they owe us, we got the jackets for free. If we have to pay for somethin fair enough, but i am sure no one would complain if we received these for nothing.
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
Carders

Post by Carders »

Well as all the clothing we have received in the past has been free. I cant see this idea getting off the ground if people have to pay. Whilst I dont mind, i know some people will not be interested in paying more for cheersquad clothing.
Side By Side We Stick TOGETHER..............
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Dont hijack the topic guys...

Its all about how we want to be looked, Lets raise the bar, set some standards, make a statement.
In reality a uniform of such should be a condition of entry upon joining the cheersquad.

The sad thing here is, we should of been the first to do it, granted some like to follow, i reckon it's more exciting to lead.
Love the uniform idea

Now lets get a big magpie emblem that covers the whole cheersquad bay and, we hold it up in the last quarter in Victory!

Lets not kill this topic but embrace it to further better ourselves and set us apart form the rest!
C'mom we're much better than them!
magpie_born_and_bred

Bloody oath, by the way pally i love ur website.

i will continue to fight the fight to make us the most colourful, loud, passionate group in all of sport, lets do it!

BLACK AND WHITE CLOTHING OR GET LOST!
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

I remember not so long ago you weren't even allowed out onto the ground to do the banner unless in a cheersquad jacket and with black tracksuit pants on.

Where have those days gone? Looks like the need for a uniform has never been greater. With many people questioning the cheersquad's look as not standing out enough, especially in comparison to other clubs. It is definitely time to get a uniform or something that will increase the black and white presence behind the goals.

If it's a spray jacket, polo top or scrafe, anything is going to make a huge difference in lifting our profile as far as being seen as the cheersquad. But I absolutely agree with you Joff, what ever uniform we do end up having it must be a condition of entry to the cheersquad.
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
magpie_born_and_bred

As should making noise!

Good topic this one, i will wear whatever if we can all look united as long as we get quality clothing and not shit jackets without pockets

GO PIES!
Euge

Uniforms

Post by Euge »

It was not my intention to charge the CS members for the selected uniform. It will ultimately be a question of cost, however, I would certainly expect to be in a position to provide polo tops or scarves at no charge. One of the benefits of being in the Collingwood CS!!

Euge
Carders

Post by Carders »

Maybe a poll could be a good idea to get a consensus on what cs members would like.

Polo Top

Scarf

Jumper / Jacket
maggies_4_eva

Post by maggies_4_eva »

Yobbo^LuKa wrote:I remember not so long ago you weren't even allowed out onto the ground to do the banner unless in a cheersquad jacket and with black tracksuit pants on.

Where have those days gone? Looks like the need for a uniform has never been greater. With many people questioning the cheersquad's look as not standing out enough, especially in comparison to other clubs. It is definitely time to get a uniform or something that will increase the black and white presence behind the goals.

If it's a spray jacket, polo top or scrafe, anything is going to make a huge difference in lifting our profile as far as being seen as the cheersquad. But I absolutely agree with you Joff, what ever uniform we do end up having it must be a condition of entry to the cheersquad.

Too many arked up about having to wear the Spray Jackets and black pants onto the ground as they considered this was the club pulling our strings again, telling us what we could or couldn't wear. So the idea of Spray Jackets having to be worn was thrown out the window.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

fwiw, as a non cs member i'd just like to see the squad all have scarves with CHEER SQUAD on one side and COLLINGWOOD 2008 on the other. simple, easy to identify with and you can hold them up victory style.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
magpie_born_and_bred

Bloody oath jock, thats what i have tried to get happening at the game, holding the scarfs up, please everyone, just have scarfs, i love youse all!

CMON COLLINGWOOD!!! EUGE, can i speak to you?
Carders

Post by Carders »

yh one more vote for scarves, the european soccer style scarves like they have for purchase for the members except a different design to make ours unique.
magpie_born_and_bred

I agree mate, im sure free scarfs wont hurt, bring it on hold ur scarf proudly!
stik35

Post by stik35 »

I already wear my own scarf which has sentimental value from the 70's.

I don't think a polo would be much good as it's so cold at the night games that most people have to wear a coat/jacket so that would defeat the purpose.

I actually like the spray jackets we got, they looked very smart, but, as others have pointed out, they had no pockets and were not waterproof either. I wear mine over my t-shirt, jumper and even over my coat if it's really cold.

So, my preference is a jacket, but a waterproof one with pockets.
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
magpie_born_and_bred

That would be a good idea, as well as making sure everyone has a black and white scarf of some description, to hold proudly above our heads as we sing.