Sat 23rd Feb - Practice match

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Sat 23rd Feb - Practice match

Post by Dale61 »

There is a VFL practice match scheduled against Geelong at Skilled on Saturday week (23rd)

With the AFL team heading Albany the same weekend, it could be the only chance to see all the players vying for a spot on the VFL list.

The game starts at midday.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Who's in the Pies VFL Side?
I am Da Man
hermerl

Post by hermerl »

Anybody know the time of the practice match at geelong 23/2/08
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Read the last line of the first post!
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
hermerl

Post by hermerl »

Thank you
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

I left Skilled about 8 minutes into the last quarter, with a stacked Collingwood side 22 goals in front.

Didak, Cloke, Fraser, O'Bree, O'Brien, H.Shaw, Clarke, Lockyer and Wakes all had a run, so the Geelong team, made up mostly by local league players due to a lot of regular players being in Canberra, were no match.

The two questions being asked at the ground were:
A/. Is Geelong this bad, and
B/. Can Collingwood improve much?

The answer to both those questions is NO.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

shit, for some reason i only thought the vfl squad was gonna be playing, did not realise the others you listed were there.

how was harry looking? thanks for the update.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
hermerl

Post by hermerl »

Jock McPie wrote:shit, for some reason i only thought the vfl squad was gonna be playing, did not realise the others you listed were there.

how was harry looking? thanks for the update.
Harry looked fine , played well, Gavin Brown gave everyone a run, a lot of players I have never see before but the game was dominated by the collingwood seniors, only sour note was Clokes kicking for goal
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

I reckon Tim Walsh would have kicked a lazy dozen, Cloke kicked a handful of behinds and a couple out on the full (he's ready to go!), Didak needs to stop taking on the man and dish out the handpass - if he keeps that shit up he will get noticed by the umpires, but for all the wrong reasons.

The Geelong supporters around me commented that #1 (listed on the team sheet as Leon Davis) was the splitting image of Kent Butcher.

The scouts certainly won't be clamouring around for Liam Jarrah's signature. He may have been tearing it up in intra-club games, but was played in defence and was soundly beaten on a number of occasions. He does have sure hands and started to settle later in the game.

Nigel Carmody should have stayed at Casey - enough said!

Saad Saad took a lot of backward steps, so needs to grow a set if he wants to make an impression. You're not in Seymour now.

The Dimmatina name continues on at Lexus, and that's all that Nick has got going for him (which is not a good thing).

Justin Crow was hardly seen, but did take a strong grab in the third quarter and kicked truly, something Travis has still yet to comprehend.

Josh started in the ruck, and for those who insist that he's not an AFL ruckman, he's not a VFL one either. Got beaten by an AFL rookie.

For such a dominant victory, it wasn't a very impressive game. Take out Didak, O'Brien, O'Bree, Clarke, Lockyer, Fraser, Cloke, H.Shaw, and to a lesser extent, Wakelin, and replace them with 2nd and 3rd tier players, the team will drop four or five notches.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Last edited by die4pies on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
~Madness~

Post by ~Madness~ »

I must have been at a different game than you dale. lol.

It was so good to be able to get close up and personal with those players, i got some great pics, as you could have to d4p. I got a ripper of didak in the rooms, but me and my useless bloody dark shots all too blurry. Got some other good ones too.

Was so good to be able to thrash a team, practice match or not, i was impressed. I have a new "seconds" hero. Frosty!!!!!
"whaaa whaaaaaa!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

~Madness~ wrote:I must have been at a different game than you dale. lol.

It was so good to be able to get close up and personal with those players, i got some great pics, as you could have to d4p. I got a ripper of didak in the rooms, but me and my useless bloody dark shots all too blurry. Got some other good ones too.

Was so good to be able to thrash a team, practice match or not, i was impressed. I have a new "seconds" hero. Frosty!!!!!
Put the Photo's up and Give us on Reports on the AFL and VFL Players
I am Da Man
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

What was the final score out of interest?
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Here are some Pics of the Scoreboard:

http://www.vflfooty.com/modules.php?nam ... 1189#21189
I am Da Man
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

So I take it the game in Albany was only a practice match and the one down at Geelong was a ''fantastic win for the club, gee we're lookin good'' type of game?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.