The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Red flags with a player who’s happy to play in the twos but still get paid AFL rates. Big no to Lobb, he’d be here for a year and offer nothing different than Cox (who at least knows the playing group, game plans, and won’t need a year to settle in).
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 am I ran into an AFL player-manager at one of my Canada layovers. He saw I had a Magpies Cap on and we got chatting about player movement.
Finn McRrae and his Brother could be at Essendon
Or we could just bring Jackson over to play for us; win/win.
Because if this gets ballzed up, after taking Finn over Max Holmes in 2020 draft, then shit be flying outta my cot from all angles...
Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 amEssendon is in the box seat to grab Harley Reid.
Their salary cap must be as bottomless as Geelong's...
They'll be bleeding to secure him though; he's 2-3 future first rounders at a minimum.
Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 amReef's Management is putting him out there.
His Management won't be fielding many calls....
Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 am I have no interest in him but Lobb's preference is the Pies.
Dogs want a deal but no one wants to pay. It will be a game of bluff with Lobb happy to play in the two's and still get paid.
Let's see all this change if Footscray advance deep into September...
Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 amBailey Smith should get to the Pies.
But none of them ever do; reckon he'll be a Cat like the rest
Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 amTake these with a grain of salt.
Hope you got old mate's name, so we can tear him to shreds if these all prove poppycock...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

^ his mail is a bit out of date. Bailey Smith is all but a done deal to be at the Cats next year.

I could see the Bombers going one Mcrae boy, why both? They collecting a set?

Lobb has red flags, playing well now, because he has to save his career. What would Collingwood gain bringing in another 30+ player... kick the can another 2cm down the road
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

No news?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

I will add to my post we were smashing down a few Scotches. As always when someone is linked to the Pies, until they run out in the jumper it's just a money-making exercise by their management.

At season's end there will be a fair few players sitting down with the club, being told a few home truths, and getting their marching orders. There are a few who had their chances and maybe a change of club may help them. We won't get anything for them as you struggle to trade players on "potential".
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

derkd wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:44 pm ^ his mail is a bit out of date. Bailey Smith is all but a done deal to be at the Cats next year.

I could see the Bombers going one Mcrae boy, why both? They collecting a set?

Lobb has red flags, playing well now, because he has to save his career. What would Collingwood gain bringing in another 30+ player... kick the can another 2cm down the road
Grabbing Brothers means they are in a happier place and can produce better results.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^just like the Browns and the Clokes...
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

Dustin Martin and Tom Hawkins both announce retirements. Wondering if it's the season for it and who in the Pies may be deciding on a farewell game?
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

LaurieHolden wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:09 am ^just like the Browns and the Clokes...
Glass Half Full/Empty. Henry's and Daicos's
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 amFinn McRrae and his Brother could be at Essendon
We were earlier linked in trade roumers for Harrison Jones. So maybe there could be something to this. Essendon are desperate for inside mids.
Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 amEssendon is in the box seat to grab Harley Reid.
Gee whizz, I havent heard that one. What in the world would a trade for Reid look like?? Would hate for this to happen.
Culprit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 amReef's Management is putting him out there.
Hmm, we are in need of KPF, so we should be holding on here. Are we disappointed with his output so far?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Here’s a little draft tit bit to keep an eye on.
I was talking to one of Sandy Dragons line coaches the other day. He was telling me Collingwood had recently contacted him to enquire about the characters of a number of their high end draft prospects (Luke Trainor, Harry Armstrong who are both talls AND OTHERS)
I joked as to why would they bother asking about early picks when they don’t currently have one. His response was “ I hear they’re talking with the Swans ‘. The Swans currently have #18 ( fluid ) and #19 ( fixed ) and the inference is the Swans may be prepared to trade out one of those picks for something reasonable in return ( likely includes either our future first rounder or a player )
This is not to say Collingwood have locked in a Dragons prospect, it’s more about the possibility of them having an interest in securing a late first round pick. What they would do with it, becomes a whole new conversation.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

Rumour :/
We play the Dee’s in a Friday game at the G
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Pies2016 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:32 pm The Swans currently have #18 ( fluid ) and #19 ( fixed ) and the inference is the Swans may be prepared to trade out one of those picks for something reasonable in return....
Kinnear Beatson talked about this on Gettable with Cal Twomey a few weeks back.

I like the interest, still have my eyes on Thomas McGuane, but I would have to think the swans would only give up either of those picks if they can bundle both for a top ten pick. the pink ducks have pushed themselves into salary cap pressure resigning their contingent plus have Chad Warner still to go. I reckon the Swans will be losing fringe players and opting for high end draft talent to come through as it would be cheaper on their cap. Unless they're cap is really shot and they need to aim for rookies instead, then maybe a trade for a future pick could come in handy.

Having said all that, I don't like the strategy to trade out first round picks and stacking low point picks. All you do is use a swag of low point picks. Unless you've got something substantial out of your trades other than pick swaps, what is the point, is it just to show you've devalued your top player? I reckon we could try harder and trade into that draft with a view to picking someone higher.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Pre-Match. Pies v. Swans. All comments.

Post by SLORT »

Other clubs showing interest in Richards. Remains unsigned for 2025. Hoping Wrighty comes home soon to right the ship.
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

Has anyone else heard about Tom Mitchell possible going to North? Today they were talking about getting Tom ready for 2025, which would suggest he will be here next year.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!