HOW GOOD IS THE BARMY ARMY ??

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Ian

Post by Ian »

Both are great for the game - six of one/half a dozen of the other.
Fradam

Post by Fradam »

JLC

Post by JLC »

This is my second favourite chant ever behind Keanos Magic:

Rule Brittania, Britannia rules the waves, England never never will be slaves....

then there is the song where the hum the tune of The Great Escape......thats a classic

It was really good yesterday as Jonathon Agnew and Kerry Okeefe (abc broadcasters) went down and sat with the barmy army and joined in the fun Image

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

The Barmy Army are loud, good enjoyment too. I have had the pleasure to share a beer with a couple of thier members when i was in England last year. I also got to catch up with them in the recent Sydney test. I told them about what we do in the CAAS and they quiet liked our songs. I also mentioned the CD to them and they are possibly going to try and get a copy, told them to call the club or me when they come back to Melb. Hopefully a few of the Barmy's tunes can be rewritten to fit in a few magpies. Keep your ears open, you may here it.

5 Cougars thanks

[This message has been edited by CAAS (edited 06 January 2003).]
cobood

Post by cobood »

I'd like to remind everyone that this is a Collingwood Football Club Cheersquad Forum..... If you want to post about Cricket please use the Cricket Forum... I should've relocated this thread when it first started but didnt think that it would get as bad as this..... sri guys....If you have any suggestions re chants for the CFC or anything else that would become useful to the c/squad there is a thread entitled Cheersquad 2003 all ideas welcomed.... please use it!

Ill leave this thread going for another cple of days and then Ill be closing it.

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(2003...onwards to glory!)
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

If the barmyarmy's tunes can be rewritten it will be to the benefit of the Pies. Leaving the thread here will be a good thing.

5 Cougars thanks
Lucky Locky_er

Post by Lucky Locky_er »

Please, Please, Please, don't close this thread. It's a great one. (Just because you don't like the cricket!!!! (LOL)). You haven't watched the cricket to know what they're on about. It's all true - The Barmy Army's fantastic! The best bit about the cricket this season other than the Aussies winning is the Barmy Army. It could be great for us - it should be us.
Lucky Locky_er

Post by Lucky Locky_er »

......It is relevant to us.
cobood

Post by cobood »

Hey LL... Have you been hitting the Ruskis today? is it really you? blood of my blood talking??...

Darling, what a whole lot of rubbish you have written.... me not like the cricket?? Me not having watched it?? Me not knowing what its about?? You of all people should know better than that....

Im going to close this thread now... only because it belongs in the Cricket forum and not here... In case your clouded mind has forgotten we are the Magpie Army and not the Barmy Army....

And just for that.... no you cant come for tea tomorrow!!Image Image

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(2003...onwards to glory!)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 24 January 2003).]