Post inauguration Trump:

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

[quote="doriswilgus"]Wow,you speak for every court in the world now.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Of course there wasn’t an attack on the White House.It was an attack on the Capitol building,designed to stop the electoral college from having its votes counted and certified by Congress.

The people who support Trump are the ones who are irrational.They’re the ones turn into angry violent mobs,that storm buildings,threaten people with their lives if they go against their dear leader,and believe Trump’s blatant lies.If that’s not irrational then I don’t know what is.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

doriswilgus wrote:Of course there wasn’t an attack on the White House.It was an attack on the Capitol building,designed to stop the electoral college from having its votes counted and certified by Congress.

The people who support Trump are the ones who are irrational.They’re the ones turn into angry violent mobs,that storm buildings,threaten people with their lives if they go against their dear leader,and believe Trump’s blatant lies.If that’s not irrational then I don’t know what is.
You have a strange way of admitting you were wrong. Bordering on arrogance or hubris
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

I didn’t admit I was wrong,I merely corrected your post which was clearly wrong.You said The White House was never attacked,but you were talking about the Capitol building,which was indeed attacked by Trump’s goons.Do you even pay attention to the news,or do you just regurgitate talking points you read on pro Trump sites on the internet?
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

doriswilgus wrote:I didn’t admit I was wrong,I merely corrected your post which was clearly wrong.You said The White House was never attacked,but you were talking about the Capitol building,which was indeed attacked by Trump’s goons.Do you even pay attention to the news,or do you just regurgitate talking points you read on pro Trump sites on the internet?
Lol. If you read the thread, which you clearly didn't or can't do, you'd understand. I was never talking about the Capitol, in fact it was never raised by MTTM. But you keep doing your TDS
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

What'sinaname wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:I didn’t admit I was wrong,I merely corrected your post which was clearly wrong.You said The White House was never attacked,but you were talking about the Capitol building,which was indeed attacked by Trump’s goons.Do you even pay attention to the news,or do you just regurgitate talking points you read on pro Trump sites on the internet?
Lol. If you read the thread, which you clearly didn't or can't do, you'd understand. I was never talking about the Capitol, in fact it was never raised by MTTM. But you keep doing your TDS
On reading the post you referred to it does seem that the poster did make the mistake of referring to an attack on the White House rather than the Capitol,and you were replying to that.

But so what.You’re clutching at straws here,trying to make this diversion the issue.The real issue is that Trump incited a riot at the Capitol,that led to the deaths of many people and he illegally tried to over turn the election results,for which he has rightly been indicted for on many counts.That’s the only thing that matters.Correcting another poster who made a mistake about the location of the insurrection is just irrelevant to the bigger picture.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

^ Ha. Pretty much.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

doriswilgus wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
On reading the post you referred to it does seem that the poster did make the mistake of referring to an attack on the White House rather than the Capitol,and you were replying to that.

But so what.You’re clutching at straws here,trying to make this diversion the issue.The real issue is that Trump incited a riot at the Capitol,that led to the deaths of many people and he illegally tried to over turn the election results,for which he has rightly been indicted for on many counts.That’s the only thing that matters.Correcting another poster who made a mistake about the location of the insurrection is just irrelevant to the bigger picture.
So you agree, no court would convict Trump of inciting an attack on the White House.
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

No,I never suggested a court would find him guilty of inciting a riot against the White House,because that clearly did not happen.It was the Capitol Building where he incited the insurrection.I thought you had mixed up the two buildings,when you boldly and probably sarcastically claimed that you could prove that he didn’t lead an insurrection against the White House.As I said it turned out that another poster had made that claim about the White House being his target.

But anyway it’s all pretty trivial and meaningless in the scheme of things.I think you should be more concerned about the fact that Trump is facing no less than 91 felony indictments,for which he could well go to prison for the rest of his unnatural life.That prospect must surely worry you,doesn’t it?
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

i wish they would just get it over with and lock him up!
the place is doomed anyway,
they need a completely new system, maybe state by state.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

think positive wrote:i wish they would just get it over with and lock him up!
the place is doomed anyway,
they need a completely new system, maybe state by state.
Exactly,Jo.They could start by abandoning their ridiculous electoral college system and adopt our electoral system where elections are run by an independent federal commission.That way there would never be a repeat of the 2020 election where Trump tried to heavy state offficials into handing him the election.

That simply isn’t possible under our electoral system.In fact I’d say our system of preferential voting run by an independent commission is probably amongst the fairest voting systems in the world.The Americans could learn a lot from us in how to run free and fair elections.
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

Mugshot of the Mafia Don.What a charming looking man.Would you buy a used car from him?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... ve-updates
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I can't get past the length of his tie.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!