Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

Big T wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:05 pm Do we have an abnormally high number of concussions? Hard to remember a week where we don’t have players failing HIAs. I wonder how objective this test really is? I bet these same tests if done at geelong would not fail.
I did wonder why Krueger went off for assessment and the hawthorn guy stayed on.
But with two medical retirements this year I can understand and even applaud our club for being extra cautious.
go pies
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I’d rather be extra cautious when it comes to concussions, do we want to be a MEL & replicate their stupidity?

I really don’t GAF whether other sides assess or take their players off, that’s on them.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

Graham Wright, according to others, tried to move on some veterans last year but was down voted by the coaches.
Now we see the results.
Sidebottom and Pendles are done. Others are slower and/or injured. And the return from injury is never easy as you age, which is why some returned players are playing with restriction.
The form of other players is down. Maynard, Crisp, Hill etc ... Some others are just not good enough.
Time to bring in the rest of the list and see what we have. Remembering that it often takes 20 games or more to really find your rhythm. Many of those hawks players spent a lot of time in the seniors finding their feet.
On the brighter side Mcstay looked good and I like the attitude Kreuger brings.
go pies
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Collingwouldn't »

shawthing wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:08 pm
Just watched the presser. Can you kindly explode outside?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Some of these comments are stangely miserable. The Club is in a transition year after winning the flag - but people reading this thread could be forgiven for thinking that Collingwood hasn't won anything since, say - just to pick a random year, 1995.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

RudeBoy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:04 am That was the worst performance I can remember from a Pies team.
Let me help you: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2 ... 01010.html

That game mattered. Yesterday didn't.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pies4shaw wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:48 am
RudeBoy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:04 am That was the worst performance I can remember from a Pies team.
Let me help you: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2 ... 01010.html

That game mattered. Yesterday didn't.
Yesterday's game mattered very much P4S. The result has made it extremely unlikely we'll play any finals at all. :cry:
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Kane Cornes on 9 right now loving Ginnivan showing off constantly yesterday and carrying on after a goal. Nathan Brown called him out and said Cornes hated it when Ginnivan played for Collingwood (so loudly and weekly it derailed Ginnivan’s season). Silence. They’re all Collingwood-hating hypocrites.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

ANNODAM wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:32 am I’d rather be extra cautious when it comes to concussions, do we want to be a MEL & replicate their stupidity?

I really don’t GAF whether other sides assess or take their players off, that’s on them.
I agree. But I’m care no matter who they play for. Geelong should have been raked over the coals by the AFL for not testing Stewart and sending him back on to play — he was sore during the week. Delayed concussions can be just as bad.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by orie »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:12 am Kane Cornes on 9 right now loving Ginnivan showing off constantly yesterday and carrying on after a goal. Nathan Brown called him out and said Cornes hated it when Ginnivan played for Collingwood (so loudly and weekly it derailed Ginnivan’s season). Silence. They’re all Collingwood-hating hypocrites.
EXACTLY what I was saying.
All of a sudden it's acceptable to be disrespectful to your opponent. Ah " the new generation " according to the commentators.
We supported Ginni throughout all the bullshit and now he is kissing the Hawks emblem.
Never seen other ex players like Grundy Daisy Heater Treloar carry on like that, or players from other clubs

And it hurts that he has a medal too.
Hope Karma gets him right where it hurts...His EGO
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Noble deserved that medal.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Post by LaurieHolden »

Pies4shaw wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:24 am So, anyway, what use do we actually have for a bloke who lets Ginnivan go and replaces him with Schultz? Talk about diluting the talent pool.
If that's all you saw yesterday you need to lower the eyes.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Positive — McStay was good.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I think this team is now beyond being able to present “the best version of yourselves”. The best version has got up and gone. The club seriously needs to reassess their goals and plan for the future. Even if we are lucky enough to beat Richmond, the overall planning shouldn’t stop although my experience tells me that the feral hack media will run with the “Collingwood are back” bullshit to get more sales/ratings. We need to be honest with ourselves and not be unrealistic. Good teams don’t lose multiple games in a row and then expect to defend their flag 🤔. Start planning for the future and let the present take care of itself.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

this season illustrates to me... how close we were to NOT being premiers last year