decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Deutschland 83 and Trapped (Icelandic) were pretty good...
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Wokko wrote:Watching Lucifer. The devil is bored in Hell and decides to up stumps to LA where he owns a nightclub and becomes intrigued by a young (female, attractive) homicide detective who seems immune to his charms. He joins her in solving various murders and trying to find people to punish.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4052886/
Foxtel? Sounds good so hope it's not on Netflix or one of those that I don't have. (and am determined not to get - don't need to have more tv to watch!)
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

luvdids wrote: Foxtel? Sounds good so hope it's not on Netflix or one of those that I don't have. (and am determined not to get - don't need to have more tv to watch!)
It's coming out on Foxtel but I can't find when, personally I just download shows I want to watch because I like to watch them when they're aired and not months later. I pay for Netflix and Stan but Foxtel is way too expensive in comparison, the only thing I'd want it for is AFL, but I have a year pass for the AFL Live app thing, so I'm all set. :lol:
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Anything decent on Stan?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Yeah, Stan is pretty much as good as Netflix just with different stuff. Presto is shit however and Quikflix is a massive turd (had a 6 month trial of presto and cancelled even though it was free).

Still download stuff more than using the streaming services, but Daredevil at the moment has all my attention, watched 4 episodes last night, best laid plans to draw it out and I got sucked in :lol:.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers, I'll have a look at it. I like having options. :wink:

I've got Foxtel and I got Netflix mainly for Daredevil and jessica Jones
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I see all these shows being advertised and I just think.

God they put so much Crap on TV
I am Da Man
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Where do you see all these shows being advertised? Therefore you are.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

walking dead

its a dead man walking! shit season. shit the way they split the season, to many slow dud episodes, but hey every thing can be redeemed.

but to top it off WORST. FINALE. EVER.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!

Post by 5150 »

Married at first sight.

I mean, what could go wrong?
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

5150 wrote:Married at first sight.

I mean, what could go wrong?

I never suspected she had a bigger dick than me.

You mean her brother is really her what?

I did it to find love. All you meanies thinking I did it because I am an attention seeking whore and want to get a Brownlow date and or a ticket to a melbourne Cup hospitality tent. Must go, my agent has a call from Ricky Nixon.

What do you mean the millionaire wants me to sign a prenup.

Goes to show how far we going as a society. We bang on about privacy yet see nothing wrong with social media and this tripe.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
mandy

Post by mandy »

think positive wrote:walking dead

its a dead man walking! shit season. shit the way they split the season, to many slow dud episodes, but hey every thing can be redeemed.

I liked it.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive

Post by think positive »

mandy wrote:
think positive wrote:walking dead

I liked it.
really? How about the 28 min of commercials, or did you download it?

Just too ridiculous for me, for a start, all they have been through

SPOILER ALERT! DONT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SEASON 6 FINALE!

And yet michonne and trapper daryl got caught so easily, and they get to the third intersection (keeping in mind rick has never shrugged at a fight and he didn't take out the first one) and they don't think, hmmm, they have all the roads blocked, best go home! Not to mention a nutty Carol taking out a whole platoon of supposedly cold blooded deadly killers with 1 gun, a knife and a crucifix! And really, there are THATMANY evil after the apocalypse? But hey it's about dead people walking around, so I guess I can suspend a bit more reality. Thing is though, do they think it's going to be kept quiet for 7 months! One of the actors gets a new job, (Daryls new one is part time, so nope don't think so) or the first week on set a certain actor doesn't turn up? Filming starts again in a month or so, I'm actually going to the town they film in in June, I'll let you know who ain't there!

They really could of done something big, shattered hearts, left us hanging for more, a funeral for starters, (remember Jax cradling a dead Tara?) especially if it is one of the Atlanta 5. More likely it will be the new guy, or Abraham (my bet) or Eugene and they will have 2.5 shows before we find out! Anyhow, I'll still watch it! But yeah, not impressed.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

The hugs and kisses has started on Game of Thrones. I've caught little bits and pieces, can't work out what all the fuss is about.
If all one wants to see are tits or abs, there is the internet for that...... :wink: :lol:
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
think positive

Post by think positive »

King Monkey wrote:The hugs and kisses has started on Game of Thrones. I've caught little bits and pieces, can't work out what all the fuss is about.
If all one wants to see are tits or abs, there is the internet for that...... :wink: :lol:
Yeah I've started to watch it about three times, I can't even get through the first episode! Too much gratious violence for my liking, on the kids especially,