Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Archiving or thread dungeon?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:51 pm
Post subject: Archiving or thread dungeon?Reply with quote

Mike,
Congrats on the site, as all our whinging and complaining since its inception have since been validated, now that we are premiers!

Was just thinking, with almost 1180 pages running in GD, at 15 posts per page [as mine is configured anyway], is it time to start archiving threads which are now totally pointless and outdated since yesterdays win?

The same way that pre and post match debates are despatched to Match forum?

for example, started in May 2009:

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=50348&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I added a flippant comment to it earlier today for laughs, since we just de-bunked it, yet RudeBoy [Bruce, who i've known personally for 25 years] has taken offence to thread being dug up?

RudeBoy wrote:
*£$%*&£$£ this thread off.

Whilest i don't think this thread should be deleted, however it and those like it are no longer really valid in GD, and perhaps need an alternate forum to harbour them for prosperity? That way it would keep GD relevant to current threads.

I appreciate time restrictions on everybody's part here though, but i'm happy to kick around other ideas with you, via PM if you wish.

Your thoughts sir?

Andrew
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably a decision for the moderators Andrew. I limit myself mainly to technical issues these days and don't interfere unless I can't stop myself.

My personal view is that members post polarising viewpoints, that arise from issues current at the time, at their own risk. Everyone is fully aware when they post that their posts will sit there quietly for as long as the bb exists just waiting for the right time to reappear - and there's always somebody willing to help them come out. One of the greatest embarrassment risks is always going to be being slapped in the face with your post after your prediction has missed by 180°. It all adds to this unique environment.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Excellent Mike. All i can ask is for the mods to perhaps give that above post a read, and some thought, and i guess they can suit themselves from there!

cheers

Andrew

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am

The idea has some merit, but given our volunteer status, I don't think the mods team would have the time.

Besides, my personal view aligns with Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: