Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To the parents of teenagers, to teenagers & ex teenagers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean "who is"?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
my kids towels are colour coded to their bedrooms - plus i can tell oldest daughters by the mascara stripes!! so i know who is picking them up and who leaves them on the floor.

i guess they dress mainly in the bathroom as i dont have that problem,we have a massive bathroom with a big mirror i am sure they love!

but no.1 puts her dirty socks in the top drawer of the bathroom cabinet sometimes,and the laundry chute is right next to the cabinet, we havent got round to putting a door on the chute yet (we are occupier building!!) so its easier to put them in the chute but go figure Mr Tully, why would she do that???

A work colleague subscribes to the theory that teenagers are wired differently than the rest of us (read western world) & what is an issue for us is not even on the radar for them - with respect to things like towels, not using a different cup or glass each time you drink but rinse the one you just used so you can use it later.

One that really sh*ts me off is not closing lids on things. The oldest made a banana cake & biscuits yesterday. She left the lid unscrewed but on the vanilla essence bottle. My wife got home form Boort today reached up & the bottle spilled on her new white top! Don't get me started on toothpaste....

I know whose got towels coz when I go into their rooms my wife or myself pick up 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 which is the most I 've picked up once! I link it to the cost of washing ie electricity etc. Meaning less $ for them & the family - My father used to have a saying about leaving lights on everywhere - "I'm not family with the SEC - please switch offf the lights". And its noit like that all of the time - infact in the last few months it's been much better - time, maturity....

Don't get me wrong we're lucky to have two relatively well adjusted & independently minded young women, lucky that there's not been any major sh*t go down but the little things of domestic contradictions....

and cupboard doors, can they not shut them?? i have 4 in a row in my laundry, the laundry chute, the broom closet, then 2 for a big storage cupboard, i walk round the corner and smack!!

toothpaste?? on the odd occasion they use it i swear they stand in the middle of the room and turn fast in circles (so does my DH!!)

ps where is boort??

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 pm
Post subject: Re: To the parents of teenagers, to teenagers & ex teenaReply with quote

Why do such awful natural disasters occur? They just do, it's natural. That's like asking why we eat.

Why are people so incredibly mean to each other? Because other people suck.

Why are there wars? Because of religion and/or greed. No other reason.

Why does the houses' bathroom towels migrate to teenagers bedrooms? My parents would have kicked my A if I left towels in my room.

I'm open to suggestions to deal with this eternal (it seems) quandry. Ok, here's what you do. When you realise that the towels are still in their room, wet them to the point of soaking and put them back on their beds. Will only take a couple of nights of sleeping on the couch to realise leaving their wet towels in their room is a bad idea (and gross - doesn't it smell mouldy?).

My biggest pet hate would probably be leaving lights on. It's just so ignorant and unnecessary.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 pm

i said to DH one day, im gunna take all the doors off the kitchen cupboards,

got a funny look, are you mad???

well no one ever shuts the F%$&ING things so why not!!

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:14 pm

David wrote:

My girlfriend, on the other hand, likes to observe slightly different rules when she stays over. As she prefers to dress in the bedroom, this involves transportation of said towel as portable modesty device from bathroom to bedroom. Ideally, the towel would then be transported back to the bathroom once dressing has concluded, but, alas, this does not occur. Instead, I frequently find wet towels on my floor, in my bed and on my tv set, as opposed to on the towel rack in the bathroom.

yep. theres your answer. and so you're when youve returned to your room or wherever, get dressed... you're stuck with a wet towel that you realise you dont need anymore.. so we leave it in the most convenient place to dry.. the floor, the desk, etc

once dressed, i usually leave the room and when i come back to check in on the towel and make sure it has dried; i normally find that its gone. a little worry creeps in at first but i started to notice a pattern .. after a few days the towel will inevitable return to the closet clean and dry and neatly folded.

i cant explain the mysterious process... i just making sure i do my part.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:08 pm
Post subject: Re: To the parents of teenagers, to teenagers & ex teenaReply with quote

Peter Griffin wrote:
Why do such awful natural disasters occur? They just do, it's natural. That's like asking why we eat.

Why does the houses' bathroom towels migrate to teenagers bedrooms? My parents would have kicked my A if I left towels in my room.

I'm open to suggestions to deal with this eternal (it seems) quandry. Ok, here's what you do. When you realise that the towels are still in their room, wet them to the point of soaking and put them back on their beds. Will only take a couple of nights of sleeping on the couch to realise leaving their wet towels in their room is a bad idea (and gross - doesn't it smell mouldy?).

My biggest pet hate would probably be leaving lights on. It's just so ignorant and unnecessary.

The only problem with the theory is that daughter number 1's boyfriend lives 50 meters away & so if her rooms a mess she sleeeps there! Its a source of domestic contradiction.

I believe my daughters have been socialized the same way as Kingswood has - magic its done!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 am

Kingswood wrote:
David wrote:

My girlfriend, on the other hand, likes to observe slightly different rules when she stays over. As she prefers to dress in the bedroom, this involves transportation of said towel as portable modesty device from bathroom to bedroom. Ideally, the towel would then be transported back to the bathroom once dressing has concluded, but, alas, this does not occur. Instead, I frequently find wet towels on my floor, in my bed and on my tv set, as opposed to on the towel rack in the bathroom.

yep. theres your answer. and so you're when youve returned to your room or wherever, get dressed... you're stuck with a wet towel that you realise you dont need anymore.. so we leave it in the most convenient place to dry.. the floor, the desk, etc

once dressed, i usually leave the room and when i come back to check in on the towel and make sure it has dried; i normally find that its gone. a little worry creeps in at first but i started to notice a pattern .. after a few days the towel will inevitable return to the closet clean and dry and neatly folded.

you sound like my husband - he reckons the laundry chute is a magic place too!! "you just put it in, and it comes back clean!!"

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Peter Griffin wrote:

The only problem with the theory is that daughter number 1's boyfriend lives 50 meters away & so if her rooms a mess she sleeeps there! Its a source of domestic contradiction.

I believe my daughters have been socialized the same way as Kingswood has - magic its done!

Bugger. Dunno then! Maybe try a little reverse psychology? When she's in the shower, steal the towel and put it in her room where she plans to leave it anyway! I'm such a pain in the butt. When my housemate would use my showercap she would leave it on the faucet of the bath where it would fill with dripping water, thus defeating the purpose of keeping my hair dry as I shower, so before she would have a shower I would purposely fill it with water so she would think that's where she left it and realise that leaving it there caused it to fill with water. Can't remember if that actually ended up working. Passive aggressive is a great colour on me!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Peter Griffin wrote:

Bugger. Dunno then! Maybe try a little reverse psychology? When she's in the shower, steal the towel and put it in her room where she plans to leave it anyway! I'm such a pain in the butt. When my housemate would use my showercap she would leave it on the faucet of the bath where it would fill with dripping water, thus defeating the purpose of keeping my hair dry as I shower, so before she would have a shower I would purposely fill it with water so she would think that's where she left it and realise that leaving it there caused it to fill with water. Can't remember if that actually ended up working. Passive aggressive is a great colour on me!

hehehe now THATS made me laugh today! cold water dribbling down your neck! yuk!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 pm

think positive wrote:
Kingswood wrote:
David wrote:

you sound like my husband - he reckons the laundry chute is a magic place too!! "you just put it in, and it comes back clean!!"

I reckon I must be an anomoly or something.

I'm Male and hetrosexual, I can cook, wash and iron, play piano (although I'm out of practice), use power tools without injuring myself, do home handyman stuff like replace a tap washer; build a deck; paint; build a bulk head; plastering; carpentry; gardening, electrical work, I can install a CD player, amp and speakers in a car or a suround sound system in a house.

I also drive a desk for a job and have about 40, mostly mature, women working for me who's moods I have to manage patiently on a daily basis.

Now that I look back on all of that, I'm getting worried. I don't think I can technically exist. Shocked

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Kingswood wrote:
David wrote:

I reckon I must be an anomoly or something.

I can cook, wash and iron, play piano (although I'm out of practice), use power tools without injuring myself, do home handyman stuff like replace a tap washer; build a deck; paint; build a bulk head; plastering; carpentry; gardening, electrical work, I can install a CD player, amp and speakers in a car or a suround sound system in a house.

:

Which job on Vic Tavern were you applying for?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:09 pm

watt price tully wrote:

LOL, which ones are available and how much do they pay? Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

LOL, which ones are available and how much do they pay? :P

!! I know it wasn't a CV for a job it was a profile for speed dating!!

http://www.google.com.au/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7k5MlbgHavM&rct=j&sa=X&ei=LGk9TafpFIPYrQfc3eWLCQ&ved=0CBoQuAIwAA&q=youtube+graham+norton+%26+speed+dating&usg=AFQjCNFFvHr0FDr_MGOK6oRpSjJ5nIfpEA

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6lozepxIxo0&ei=W2k9TaOlEMbxrQenoYisCA&usg=AFQjCNHtobsz4RaZy4EcKB4CeFEXzV0fNg

But I digress!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: