Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I was wrong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Were you wrong about anything?
Yes, now I look stupid.
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
No, I am never wrong.
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
What was the question?
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 28

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we'd beat freo in round one ... was about 74 points out Embarassed
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 am

+1 on doubting Maxwell's ability to stay in the seniors. I'm not big on making big calls on players but after last year I couldn't see how Maxy could retain his spot with no automatic selection for being captain. Very happy I've been proven wrong because with a backline featuring two players with less than 10 games we need experience surrounding them!!

Past: 2009, round 8 or 9, said to anyone that would listen that we wouldn't make finals. We were playing horrible horrible football. Who would have thought it would end with a 5 point loss in the prelim.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:14 pm

I was wrong about 2 thinks.
1 Witts.
I thought he had all the athleticism of a Mountain ash.
Watching him this year he's laid tackles, chased, backed up, got involved offensively and even won a good share of hit-outs I've concluded the kid can play.

2 Jack Frost
I thought he was a big shambling oaf with his brain in fridge.
Turns out he is a big shambling oaf that can run fast with blistering acceleration, good judgement, cool under pressure and shuts-down the oppositions best forwards.

(I was partly correct, ..he is big and he is ice cold).
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:06 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:

Past: 2009, round 8 or 9, said to anyone that would listen that we wouldn't make finals. We were playing horrible horrible football. Who would have thought it would end with a 5 point loss in the prelim.

In 2009 we were 3-5 after round 8 and coming off a bad loss to Carlton as well. After that we only lost more two more games for the Home and Away season and finished 4th behind the Bulldogs just on percentage. We struggled in the finals due to the intensity and some costly injuries. We lost by 73 points in the Preliminary Final to Geelong in the end.

The game you're thinking of where we lost by five points in the Preliminary Final was in 2007 against Geelong, not in 2009.

However I do get your original point though. I had serious doubts about the side responding after round 8 2009 so you're not alone on that mistake either. I'm glad we were proven wrong that year because it probably pushed us to go further in 2010 where we eventually won the flag Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: