Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies rumble Roos - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossi wrote:
MattyD wrote:
I was just watching some of the replay.
I really feel sorry for anyone having to listen to the commentary. I would have to turn down the sound. Seriously. I don't know who it was but some of the commentators got really frustrated when Collingwood started to pull away in the second quarter. Lots of loud sighing, lots of "I want to see the replay" when Collingwood got a free kick, lots of "that's unfortunate" when Collingwood players did something brilliant. Am I wrong?

Smile No your not wrong! After the first 10 minutes of Dunstall commentary I watched the whole game with no sound made an incredible difference to how I enjoyed the game!

It was probably the first game in a long time that I actually enjoyed and was relaxed. The umpires were pretty good so I wasn't angry at them the whole game. Our boys played well and did some exciting things. And watching the replay I found myself starting to get really shitty and then I realised why. Was it Dunstall? One of them was really miffed at Collingwood getting in front and couldn't bring himself to say anything good about the team. Dermie was fairer in his comments.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Was still nowhere near as bad as ch 7 commentary.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:01 pm

We must be getting back on track with the hate building! Bring it on Smile
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:50 am

Mugwump wrote:
Good win, and more importantly, we are starting to look like a well-drilled footy side. Until the last two weeks, I think the evidence has justified some scepticism about our coach ; but it is starting to come together, which is a real relief. The boys look committed, but also organised. Having Reid and Sinclair (plus the enigmatic Scharenberg and maybe Marley Williams) to come back into this side is very promising.

A few highlights for me, trying not to repeat the obvious;

Frost has been a gift from the gods - he's not only a strong tackler, he's creative, strong overhead and growing every week. We might have something really special, here.

Sidebottom gets better each week, right now. He is really growing in that half back flank running role, with his enormous tank a real source of drive for us as Heath Shaw used to be.

The Jesse White acquisition looks inspired at this stage; he has given us a whole new dimension up forward. That mark in the square was ominous for any Cloke-obsessed opposition backline, and the running goal showed how versatile and difficult he might be.

I might be the only one with doubts about Grundy. Yes, he is hard and competitive, but a bloke of his size really should be taking marks around the ground and creating options. A few times I thought he flew one-handed, which worries me.

Blair and Goldsack and Langdon look to be the players running on borrowed time as our injury list hopefully shortens.

Anyway, a great result. Next week we'll get a better sense of where we really are, though. Beat Essendon and we are top 4 material, but until then we are still second tier with losses to top 4 candidtaes in Geel and Freo. Hopeful days, however.

A pretty good summation, but I reckon Goldy was actually pretty good, and is improving every week.

I also reckon Witts looked better than Grundy, but he is very young, I reckon all he needs is time.

Roos looked as poor as the Tigers the week before with their skills; I don't thinks its a co-incidence.

Me thinks the bombers will be shakin thinking about Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvpoiiBW9bc

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Went camping straight after the game - absolutely pissed myself laughing when I found out today that Lindsay Thomas has a corky!!
The only reason he got crunched was because he went half arsed in the first place, and then lay there prone afterwards. Laughing Laughing was he KO'd?, knee?, snapped achilles?, broken leg?, no........... he has a corky!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 am

Great first half of footy to watch.
Disposing of what were [are?] thought of as two top 4 contenders in successive weeks is an excellent effort.

Defence: Great teamwork AND individual work back there. They are all just playing with such confidence - Loving it! To be getting games in to Keeffe & Frost as key position players in the same side AND winning, along with Langdon straight out of Kindergarten. Awesome!

Midfield: I would like to see Grundy take more contested marks BUT I guess our transition play aims at moving the ball quickly by hand or foot uncontested until we reach our key forwards!?!? Seems Swan has been hailed as returning to form - For mine, I still don't think he's quite right. Great run, spread & tacking all round!

Forwards: Jessie White is a proper second tall we've been crying out for. Along with Elliot & of course the #1 man Travis Cloke, we can spread a defensive unit. Love how we can plonk Elliot in the goal square ahead of the two man mountains = Works!

I heard Buckley mention how there was an emphasis on pressuring the ball carrier. Couple that with our tall yet mobile forward line that makes it difficult for teams to run a 3rd man at the contest and It makes me wonder if we're preparing to foil the Hawks???.... Just like we skinned the Cats in 2010!?!?!?... Meow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: