Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Promote Martin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Yep, can't argue with any of that. And the players you've nominated CAN be selected for the senior team. Karnezis might need another run or 2 in the VFL to regain fitness.

Maybe he does but they should be seriously considering his selection in the seniors after his last two efforts in the VFL.

Did you see those games?

No, I didn't but I did read the coach's (Dale Tapping's) positive comments about him after last week. Then he was named in the top 2 among our best this week. He must be doing something right Daz...... Rolling Eyes

Not questioning that he's progressing. Just take those player reviews with a grain of salt. He's coming from a long way back having missed all of the preseason so I don't understand the urgency Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

There is no urgency as such, just a discussion on a football discussion forum that he could be considered for the seniors on his current VFL form Daz. It's as always up to the Collingwood selection committee to decide....... Rolling Eyes

Patrick Karnezis – fresh off some strong performances in the VFL – would be on the club's selection radar in the not-too-distant future

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-20/in-the-mix-round-10
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:35 pm

I'd give Karnezis a shot this week, can't hurt and we could do with another threatening presence up forward. Just not sure how much VFL time he'd require before the coaching staff deemed him ready. From what I understand though he's been pretty solid.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Reminds me of the Ben Reid Threads.

Heaps of comments form those who were not seeing him play in the VFL but were based on his handfull of games in the seniors.

KM wins his own footy to the extent he is tagged as a midfielder regularly.
He kicks goals up forward AND creates goals through play.
He is a genuine goal kicking midfielder that teams crave.

He tackles, moves quickly and reads the play as well as any player in the comp.

The difference between him and Stanley is that he has not been given enough games at senior level to succeed or fail yet.

He is a rookie and that is a problem. It would take a LTI for him to get promoted as we would have to for security elevate Frost mid year.

Just don't understand the detractors on him as every game Ive watched he has been a stand out

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:18 am

For information, here's Dale Tapping's comments on him after the game against Bendigo:

37. Kyle Martin
Statistics: 18 kicks, 11 marks, 16 handballs, 34 possessions, 5 clearances, 7 inside 50s, 1 rebound 50, 7 tackles
Dale Tapping Says: A strong performance. He is playing really good football at this level. He just needs to keep tipping into the defensive aspect and the hard running component off the ball, which will make him a more rounded player.

The full player review from the VFL is at http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-05-20/vfl-tappings-player-review
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
For information, here's Dale Tapping's comments on him after the game against Bendigo:

37. Kyle Martin
Statistics: 18 kicks, 11 marks, 16 handballs, 34 possessions, 5 clearances, 7 inside 50s, 1 rebound 50, 7 tackles
Dale Tapping Says: A strong performance. He is playing really good football at this level. He just needs to keep tipping into the defensive aspect and the hard running component off the ball, which will make him a more rounded player.

The full player review from the VFL is at http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-05-20/vfl-tappings-player-review

Must've changed his mind, story has been pulled.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:57 am

^^^ Re-loaded now as http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-05-21/vfl-tappings-player-review
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:59 am

We have never talked about it before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: