Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Flights for the Gold coast game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

hoggy wrote:
Book earlier...

I booked mine in February. There was nothing cheap to the GC then either. It's all because it's school holidays.

hmmmmm was thinking of hiring a car while I'm up there, but that might be highly expensive as well

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 am

Proud Pies wrote:
hoggy wrote:
Book earlier...

I booked mine in February. There was nothing cheap to the GC then either. It's all because it's school holidays.

hmmmmm was thinking of hiring a car while I'm up there, but that might be highly expensivofe as well

Rent a bomb is cheap, I got an old camry for $30/day

hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
hoggy wrote:
Book earlier...

hmmmmm was thinking of hiring a car while I'm up there, but that might be highly expensive as well

I booked two weeks ago for approximately $100 each way.

Animal 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:28 pm

School Holidays. Very smart by our club to request the AFL to schedule a game during this time. It allows the club to sell packages to Gold Coast. Instead of staying for 1 or 2 nights, family's will look at staying for the week. This means more revenue for the club. WINNING Smile
Well the one I always think of is the Port Adelaide final in 2002. It was just one of the most disciplined team performances that I have ever witnessed - be it in football or any other team sport - NB
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Picked up flights on Saturday with JetStar. I do understand it's School holidays but I'll suck it up.

As a single guy, I'm very disappointed at the club playing during school holidays up there. I'd much rather it be on a Wednesday at 2:30pm (outside school hols) whilst all the little shits are at school and I don't have to look at them.

Like our government, nothing for us single guys; it's all about working families. Rolling EyesRolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

6am out @ $229 and 3:15pm back @169.

On top of that I got aisle seats each way, so that was an additional $11 ($5.50 each way), and on top of that Jetstar then tried to slug me an extra $34 to use credit card (I booked two tickets for a mate and me).

Ended up using direct debit to avoid the $34 slug for a total of $819.90.

So my plan is, on the Friday when I get there at 8:10am, to hire a car and go to Movie World for the day then on Saturday drive to the Ettamogah Pub on the Sunshine Coast for lunch then go to the footy that night.

Don't get me started on ticket prices for the footy. Was somewhat lucky, got them for about $60 each.

Best part is, none of it was booked by the club. Was done all external to the club. Rolling Eyes

<PS.. I'm just shit stirring about the whole working families thing>
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:01 pm

I booked this in Feb through Pie-in-the-sky.

I didn't know it was a school holiday period though....

Crap, families and kids everywhere. :(
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:46 pm
Post subject: YepReply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
I booked this in Feb through Pie-in-the-sky.

I didn't know it was a school holiday period though....

Crap, families and kids everywhere. Sad

It seems the lazy dumb aussie kids are on permanent school holidays. What a joke. Couldn't get tickets so have to go with Greyhound bus lines. Great thing about this is we usually end up with the bus to ourselves after a few hours once we start drinking and letting off a few nice mystery smells. People always get off out of panic. Makes me laugh. Bertha always does her loud snoring routine too. I recommend the buses for a load of laughs.

Pitty our schools started teaching our kids how to wead and right so they can get a job and stop bluging on Newstart. Less holidays so I can get to the footy when I want. Not happy Jan.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:49 am

Skids wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
hoggy wrote:
Book earlier...

hmmmmm was thinking of hiring a car while I'm up there, but that might be highly expensivofe as well

Rent a bomb is cheap, I got an old camry for $30/day

I got one a few years ago and the tank was on empty when I got in and ran out a Km out of the airport. (Luckily outside a servo). when I got back the proprietor said "why didn't you fill it up for me and put it through a car wash" Never again. Cheap is cheap.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 am

Brenny wrote:
Picked up flights on Saturday with JetStar. I do understand it's School holidays but I'll suck it up.

As a single guy, I'm very disappointed at the club playing during school holidays up there. I'd much rather it be on a Wednesday at 2:30pm (outside school hols) whilst all the little shits are at school and I don't have to look at them.

Like our government, nothing for us single guys; it's all about working families. Rolling EyesRolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

6am out @ $229 and 3:15pm back @169.

On top of that I got aisle seats each way, so that was an additional $11 ($5.50 each way), and on top of that Jetstar then tried to slug me an extra $34 to use credit card (I booked two tickets for a mate and me).

Ended up using direct debit to avoid the $34 slug for a total of $819.90.

So my plan is, on the Friday when I get there at 8:10am, to hire a car and go to Movie World for the day then on Saturday drive to the Ettamogah Pub on the Sunshine Coast for lunch then go to the footy that night.

Don't get me started on ticket prices for the footy. Was somewhat lucky, got them for about $60 each.

Best part is, none of it was booked by the club. Was done all external to the club. Rolling Eyes

<PS.. I'm just shit stirring about the whole working families thing>

The Ettamaogah pub is a long way from the Gold Coast and overrated. It is one big tourist trap with the pub now just a local TAB. Better off saving your petrol and toll money and going to a surf club on the Gold Coast. Its a bit like going to the Brownlow on the red carpet and going with Brynn Edelswine.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 am

How did it get there?
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:07 am

There are flights to Brissy for $320 return with Virgin get on that.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:08 am

$320 to brissy? rip off

Takes 90 odd minutes just to get the train to nerang.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:46 am

$233 with Tiger 15KG luggage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: