Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sinclair OR Faz?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sinclair VS Fasolo
Sinclair
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Fasolo
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 41

roar 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinkers is in competition with Tooves and Williams (shut-down, rebounding small defender), IMO, more so than Fasolo who provides the skill we lack.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:12 am

As others have said we can fit both in. Sinkers back and Faz forward. I know Faz has been tried as a defender but that was out of necessity but now that we have these defenders back from injury we need to push Faz forward. We are lacking a genuine crumber that has class. We have 2 forwards that are working as defensive forwards but when we don't get goals out of them it becomes a problem. If Blair is to keep his spot he has to hit the scoreboard more.

Last edited by Johnno75 on Thu May 22, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:17 am

Goal kicker absolutely!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Sinkers down back and get Fas to replace Blair if he has improved his defensive game enough. A defensively minded forward that can actually kick goals would be pretty amazing Confused
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:55 pm

roar wrote:
Sinkers is in competition with Tooves and Williams (shut-down, rebounding small defender), IMO, more so than Fasolo who provides the skill we lack.

Well unless Toovey or Williams then Sinkers will find it very hard to get into side

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:24 am

I think Sinkers has improved his disposal but Fas is elite in this respect. With Marley and Tooves in lock down roles, Fas is the better choice for mine at present.
Young to a wing for drive and run and carry.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Fasolo as a back can only be a stopgap tactic, the guy's a forward/mid. His skills and "X Factor" are wasted in the back line, except as a rebounding half-back, but we have other guys for that, particularly "H", Marley, and (I believe) Sharenberg, maybe Freeman too. Our main problem area this (and last) year is kicking a score. Our average so far this year is a measly (and horribly inaccurate) 11.15. Something that can't continue if we are to take our rightful spot in the four. Compare this to Hawthorn's 19.12 average and we look decidedly un-competitive.

At this point, particularly with Langdon's form & Marley's return, it's hard to see a spot in the back line for Sinkers. I like Sinclair & I believe he's got the ability but he really hasn't taken a game by the scruff of the neck and made it his bitch yet. There was that one game as a defensive forward last (?) year when he had about 400 tackles, and a great performance in the one-point win a couple of Anzac days ago when he was racking up inside 50's all over the place, but too often he ends up at the bottom of the stats graph, which we can't afford with our current "lets only play 2 quarters" game plan.
Fasolo can get away with this kinda thing a bit more as he's proven himself as a player who can do the team-lifting, game-changing stuff any great side needs, much in the style of his close friend, and ex-teammate (the mention of whose name would bring a sh#t-storm down about my ears). Given that we still have guys like Swanny & Pendles who can do the magic, Sinkers needs to turn himself into a possession whore, racking up 25-30 week-in week-out.

Match committee has been remarkably conservative this season, especially compared to last year when we elevated about 11 guys, but then history tells us that the sides which blood the least new players in a season tend to win the silverware. The other side of this conservatism is that we're missing the urgency our guys used to feel to hold their place. With our depth and unusually good injury run this year that pressure on the current 22 should be intense, but it doesn't feel that way. Maybe Bucks needs to be a bit more liberal with the axe, and mix things up a bit. After West Coast we have a few games where we can probably get away with 2 great quarters. If we have a couple of new guys in form by the time we meet the Hawks we would look much more of a threat against a (hopefully still) undermanned Hawthorn.

Apart from these two, we will hopefully see both Paddy Karnezis & Kyle Martin in the ones over the next few weeks, although the latter must have pissed someone off in the match Committee, as he's carving it up in the magoos each week and not getting a look in at senior level. I still don't understand the decision to drop him last year after he kicked 6 goals in 3 games, and racked up 95 Fantasy points against the Doggies in his last full game. The following week he was the unlucky one to be subbed out just after half-time in our god-awful performance against a resurgent Port, (we always suck after a bye, we've won just two of 5 since 2010, and those by a total of 9 points) and hasn't been given a chance since. Despite the last game, he looked totally comfortable at the top level and what's more he's a reliable goal-kicker. This week he slotted 4.2 from 34 pozzies at 90% efficiency, with 11 marks & 7 tackles. Against Essendon 2 games back he was BOG with 6 straight from 30+, his tally from the last 4 is 14.2. Imagine where we'd be if that was Clokeys tally!

Yes, I know AFL is a different world, but Jayzuz, Give the guy some time in the ones for Christ's sake Bucks!

The fact that we were 4th after 8, just a game off the lead, despite easily the hardest draw, and despite some very half-hearted performances, shows that we have the list to compete for the big prize this year, but the players need to be under far more pressure to hold their places, we need something to give us a spark, or we'll have another also-ran season when we should be winning premierships.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:41 pm

^^^
Yeah, no pressure on selection at all...
Lachie Keefe and Sam Dwyer say hi... Shocked
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:14 pm

rand corp wrote:
Fasolo is class

Sinkers is an honest trier

Sums it up Perfectly

slydog81 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Sinkers reminds me of that bloke back in the 90s

WORE #6 from memory.

SAussie from Norwood.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Since when were the two of them ever both fit at the same time anyway?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I don't think it's a one or the other option. Both are good enough to be in the best 22 at the same time but most likely at opposite ends of the ground.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:21 pm

@ Nomadjack:
Didn't make myself clear I guess. I wasn't saying we didn't have the players to pressure the guys in the ones (I think I did mention our great depth), I was saying it didn't FEEL like there was that much pressure. The urgency just isn't there on the ground, and more importantly Bucks isn't making any changes to the 22. I gotta ask Why?

We are playing quarters and even halves where we just kick the footy round like it was Tuesday night training, no intensity at all. And clearly that (along with our horrific kicking for goal) is the reason for our three sad losses. We just shouldn't have been beaten by Geelong or Adelaide, and it was only our shocking goal-kicking in the first quarter that allowed Freo to mow us down in the second.

Sinclair needs to become one of the guys that shows some of that urgency, and get his disposal rate up. he certainly has the talent, but too often he can finish with a half dozen possessions, and a very underwhelming game. If he can become one of the guys that attacks the footy hard and is "knocking up getting kicks" (I still haven't figured out what that means, does anyone know where it comes from?) to the tune of 25-30 each week, he becomes one of the first guys selected. There are a few in this boat it seems to me, but Bucks simply replaces kids with players returning from injury each week, no real changes made all year. The only noticeable differences have been the way Langdon & Frosty have turned themselves into permanent fixtures in the selected side. No one has to fight their way back after injury, if they were in the ones back they go. Dasher Young is a good case in point. To me he's been playing well below his ability, but he goes out with an injury and is slotted straight back in a fortnight later, while the kid who got a game goes back to the Magoos having played maybe a quarter as the sub.

If we were 2 games clear on top I'd applaud this, but hanging off the edge of the 8 (depending how we go against West Coast today) it seems insane.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Sincs is a far superior one on one player. Steve wonder can see that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: