Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

53,000 and that's being generous.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
I don't mind the Saturday twilight timeslot. I can get done what I need to do during the day and still can go out to dinner after if I wish.

I also though the crowd count last night was about right at 53k.

Sunday is a whole different thing.

I agree, I like that timeslot on a Saturday, but not sunday tho. Gave us time to do a few things, drive to the game, have a long slow lunch at the Precinct Hotel, carpark right near, and head off to the game at around 4-00pm. Yeh, good timeslot, and I thought the crowd was good too, for the Weagles afterall. Idea Smile

53k is a sellout at etihad and a 25% oversubscription for subi.

i think a lot of pies supporters have actually dropped off because of our decline in recent years.

So the Bandwaggoners have dropped off?

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:24 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
80,000 members of which 50,000 have 3 game memberships. How many of that 50,000 are going to use up one of their three games to watch us play WCE instead of Carlton, Essendon, Richmond etc?

Most sensible post this month.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
80,000 members of which 50,000 have 3 game memberships. How many of that 50,000 are going to use up one of their three games to watch us play WCE instead of Carlton, Essendon, Richmond etc?

That's about right. The whole AFL needs total transparency when it comes to membership figures. How hard is it to publish each category so we can compare apples with apples? Clubs should have to say they have 30,000 full members, 25,000 three game members, 15,000 country members, 3,000 interstate and 2,000 one game special members and pet memberships (that one's for Hiss). At the moment it's a joke. Hawthorn has something like 14,000 Tassie members who go to four games only.

But not many people have answered my deeper cultural question about Pies fans. Why do we come out of the woodwork and sound like Wallace's army in Braveheart when we're playing well, and not making a peep when the tide is against us on the field? There was so little emotion in the crowd (apart from the cheap booing of the umpires) for the first three quarters yesterday. Where has the tribal passion I can remember from Victoria Park days? We were feared then. These days we complain about the way Adelaide crowds treat us. Pfffft! Rolling Eyes

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:16 pm

collie dog wrote:
The Seedsmeister wrote:

That's about right. The whole AFL needs total transparency when it comes to membership figures. How hard is it to publish each category so we can compare apples with apples? Clubs should have to say they have 30,000 full members, 25,000 three game members, 15,000 country members, 3,000 interstate and 2,000 one game special members and pet memberships (that one's for Hiss). At the moment it's a joke. Hawthorn has something like 14,000 Tassie members who go to four games only.

But not many people have answered my deeper cultural question about Pies fans. Why do we come out of the woodwork and sound like Wallace's army in Braveheart when we're playing well, and not making a peep when the tide is against us on the field? There was so little emotion in the crowd (apart from the cheap booing of the umpires) for the first three quarters yesterday. Where has the tribal passion I can remember from Victoria Park days? We were feared then. These days we complain about the way Adelaide crowds treat us. Pfffft! Rolling Eyes

We are always a bit quitter (just like other team's supporters) when we are not playing so well. At he same time I found it an exciting and entertaining game to be part of. From my perspective I got excellent value for my membership dollar. The opposition supporters also had a good presence last night when considering they are an interstate side.

I am a Legends member and very rarely miss a Victorian game. maybe 1 every 3 or 4 years)
Geelongpie 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:38 pm

There was definately 50,000 last night.
Was a very good crowd and not sure why you feel there wasn't.

Just compare us last night playing and interstate side and Carlton tonight playing an interstate side.
Both at the mcg
Both 4.40 timeslot

We got 53000 and it looked great
Their game struggling to get 35000 and looks shit.

Nothing wrong with our crowd numbers.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:03 pm

The question is not about how many went last night but would there have been more at either a 2.10pm start or 7.10 start?
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Is going to the footy and entitlement? Apparently those days are over.

Footy has always been the game of the working class, seems the future of Australia is for a working class poor.
Precarious 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:31 am

Historically it was a good crowd for a game involving a non-Vic side -- a jump on last year's corresponding crowd but less than the turnout two years ago.

It was also the 4th highest West Coast home & away crowd on record, though there have been several pies v eagles crowds all around the same mark in recent years:

2014: 53,049 MCG
2013: 41,198 MCG
2012: 62,957 MCG
2011: 52,560 MCG
2010: 38,781 Etihad
2008:52,968 MCG
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:42 am

Precarious wrote:
Historically it was a good crowd for a game involving a non-Vic side -- a jump on last year's corresponding crowd but less than the turnout two years ago.

It was also the 4th highest West Coast home & away crowd on record ....

How dare you dismember a good rant by posting actual facts? 4th highest home and away crowd ever for the Wiggles? So what!??
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 am

Precarious wrote:

It was also the 4th highest West Coast home & away crowd on record, though there have been several pies v eagles crowds all around the same mark in recent years:

Which makes the OP contender for the most ridiculous post of the year award Wink

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:59 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Prices Going Up and Disgusting Food Prices - No Wonder

To go with the trash food Smile ...get a meal 10000% better in the CBD anyway.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:47 am

Skids wrote:
Precarious wrote:

Which makes the OP contender for the most ridiculous post of the year award Wink

there is real form on the front.

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:19 pm

play games at 2:00pm on Saturday arvo and crowds will come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: