Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Next 3 Rounds (11, 12 & 13)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloggie Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 am
Post subject: Next 3 Rounds (11, 12 & 13)Reply with quote

Looking at the next 3 rounds obviously we have St Kilda, Melbourne and the Dogs and realistically we'd be looking at maximum point from all 3 games.

If we do that we should move back into the top 4 given that a few of the sides above us play each other and they'd be taking points off each other (R11, Swans v Cats, R12, Gold Coast v Swans, R13, Swans v Port). TBH Unless the Swans can get some results in those 3 then their season could be in tatters.

There are also some interesting fixtures that could also help us too (R11, Crows v Gold Coast, R13, West Coast v Gold Coast)

I think 4th place coming into the Hawks match is on the cards but holding a top 4 place down starts with the Hawks, then away to Gold Coast and finishing in R19 against Port. Shocked

Anyway, so far so good this season

Laughing

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. we'll be 10 and 2 at the end of round 13.
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:41 am
Post subject: Re: Next 3 Rounds (11, 12 & 13)Reply with quote

cloggie wrote:
Looking at the next 3 rounds obviously we have St Kilda, Melbourne and the Dogs and realistically we'd be looking at maximum point from all 3 games.

If we do that we should move back into the top 4 given that a few of the sides above us play each other and they'd be taking points off each other (R11, Swans v Cats, R12, Gold Coast v Swans, R13, Swans v Port). TBH Unless the Swans can get some results in those 3 then their season could be in tatters.

There are also some interesting fixtures that could also help us too (R11, Crows v Gold Coast, R13, West Coast v Gold Coast)

I think 4th place coming into the Hawks match is on the cards but holding a top 4 place down starts with the Hawks, then away to Gold Coast and finishing in R19 against Port. Shocked

Anyway, so far so good this season

Laughing

I agree with all of that.

cloggie Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

You mean 9 & 3 surely?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:47 am

No, it was quite deliberate, albeit dead-pan. See the other top "let's get ahead of ourselves" thread of the season:

shwany wrote:
Top 4 is a looking a chance this year, whod have thought. We will go into the next 7 games as favourites:

Essendon
Carlton
Bye
Adelaide (away)
WCE
St Kilda (Etihad)
Melb
WB

With Brown, Reid, Adams, Karnesis, Dwyer, Seedsman, Sinclair all returning or to return in the next two weeks things are looking very good at pie land.

Marley Williams sentence is also this tuesday, so who knows about him.

Very much feeling like 2008, 2009 now...

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=73719&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:49 am

I don't count any match 'a win' before we have played it. We could win all three of those matches....we could just as easily drop one or two of them. Take the good with the bad...Smile
cloggie Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 am

Yep, I see what you mean - tempting fate to kick us up the ass by generating this thread Embarassed

Pies4shaw wrote:
No, it was quite deliberate, albeit dead-pan. See the other top "let's get ahead of ourselves" thread of the season:

shwany wrote:
Top 4 is a looking a chance this year, whod have thought. We will go into the next 7 games as favourites:

Essendon
Carlton
Bye
Adelaide (away)
WCE
St Kilda (Etihad)
Melb
WB

With Brown, Reid, Adams, Karnesis, Dwyer, Seedsman, Sinclair all returning or to return in the next two weeks things are looking very good at pie land.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=73719&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:54 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Impossible. we have already lost 3....... Rolling Eyes
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 am

Feel free to read the rest of thread, Lazza. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Mon May 26, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:58 am

cloggie wrote:
Yep, I see what you mean - tempting fate to kick us up the ass by generating this thread Embarassed

Pies4shaw wrote:

shwany wrote:

Essendon
Carlton
Bye
Adelaide (away)
WCE
St Kilda (Etihad)
Melb
WB

Yes. I don't rate the 'Aints but we play them coming off the bye after a 6-day break following a close-fought game played in trying circumstances (down a mid-field rotation for half a game). I think the success of the 'Pies' recovery determines what happens next game. As for the 2 after that, I'd prefer to wait and see. Melbourne will, presumably, be playing their Grand Final against us on QB and, for the first time in a while, they have a coach who might be able to get them to play to a gameplan.
cloggie Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:02 am

Yeah! I know what you mean about the Dees and their GF but we have that all the time, just look at the Crows 2 weeks ago
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:29 am

Unfortunately you are never quite sure what the side will bring to the table as far as intensity goes from one week to the next.

Take the last 2 weeks for example

Adelaide won uncontested possessions by 38 & clearances by 17 & total disposals by 45 & inside 50's by 10

West Coast won uncontested possessions by 43 & uncontested marks by 38 (102 to 64) & total possessions by 45 & inside 50's by 17

Leave the football in the opposition hands as often as we have in the last two weeks & we are inviting any team to beat us. You can't score when you are gifting the opposition possession of the footy all day & inviting them to keep hold of it by not making a contest. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have another shock loss based on the last 2 weeks effort.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:03 pm

woftam wrote:
Unfortunately you are never quite sure what the side will bring to the table as far as intensity goes from one week to the next.

Take the last 2 weeks for example

Adelaide won uncontested possessions by 38 & clearances by 17 & total disposals by 45 & inside 50's by 10

West Coast won uncontested possessions by 43 & uncontested marks by 38 (102 to 64) & total possessions by 45 & inside 50's by 17

Leave the football in the opposition hands as often as we have in the last two weeks & we are inviting any team to beat us. You can't score when you are gifting the opposition possession of the footy all day & inviting them to keep hold of it by not making a contest. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have another shock loss based on the last 2 weeks effort.

spot on....I think the Melbourne game could be a real danger match too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: