Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jeremy Cameron contemplates a return to Victoria

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Gees can you imagine him in a Pies Jumper kicking goals ala Steve Johnson Cool from all sides of the park ..............
Enough of that! Yes lets get him if he is available, absolute natural footballer!
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:47 am

Can we trade Cloke for him? Razz
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:52 am

FWIW He said last night at a coaching clinic that it was a big move to Syd as a 17yr old 4 and a bit years ago and he was very daunted then.
Now though he is 21, comfortable living in Syd and is happy to stay a Giant.

Plenty could happen however he didn't seem unhappy or elusive.

There is word however that we are very keen on another Giant playing regular footy ATM.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:38 am

Defender wrote:
We won't go after him now FAs here, TBH I'd rather we went after Frawley, we'd get him for free!

Don't know that paying $800,000 a year for a player that's probably worth about $350-450,000 a year qualifies as free...

PS: are you in the market for some land or a bridge?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:40 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Unless we have what GWS wants without messing with the core of our team, no deal.

Is Cameron good? On last year's form, yes. But, with a trade we need to give up someone or a package of someones just as good. Under those circumstances I'd prefer we develop our own talent. Just look at the Judd deal for Carlton, I think they actually lost out and ruined the club culture for years over that deal.

And everyone's talking about 2015. If he really wants to go, there's no reason why he couldn't request a trade this year. The Giants might want to wait, but they'll get less for him when he's out of contract and he could walk to the draft for nothing. They might cut their losses and improve their depth by trading him in 2014. He's not actually an essential member of their team, they have enough tall forwards, and he may not even be their best.

We don't need a Messiah. We need a team.

Stop that... logic is completely wasted here...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:48 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
This is a hypothetical post but assuming he did become available then yes I believe we would be interested.
The million dollar price tag isnt going to happen for him unless he stays at GWS. In Melbourne playing for a club who are finals material he would get around the $700k mark maybe a little more.
GWS have Paton and Boyd on there books so a trade mightn't be out of the question really if they can get some good players in return.
The decision will come down too does he want to come home and play finals or does he want to stay its GWS and load his pockets for retirement and maybe play finals in 4-5yrs time ?
Saying he did want to come back and he nominated collingwood as his preferred club then can we get a deal done ?
Gubby Allen is no mug and will want some quality to fill there list immediately and currently they are short outside mids and a rebounding/pressuring backman.
So what do we have to give them ?
Well if we want him then it would have to be Sidebottom and a Goldsack or Fasalo type to get it done.
Is that too high a price to pay though ?
Maybe maybe not. We have some good players coming through but we would have a huge part of our cap tied up in the forward line with him and Cloke.

Doubt even GWS will have the capacity to pay too many on their list what they're worth. Youd imagine that Davis, Scully, Ward, Palmer, Mumford are all locked away on fairly attractive long term deals. And that doesn't even start to look at the developing kids like Patton, Cameron, Treloar etc who are going to be coming up for contract renewals. There will by necessity be some crumbs fall to other teams.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Get us Dangerfield please!
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Get us Dangerfield please!

agree but his play-on and miss from 15m out cost me a free whopper!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:04 pm

jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
We won't go after him now FAs here, TBH I'd rather we went after Frawley, we'd get him for free!

Don't know that paying $800,000 a year for a player that's probably worth about $350-450,000 a year qualifies as free...

Free as in we won't have to trade for him, and I think he's worth a tad more than 450k mate, just quietly.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:16 pm

jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:

Very Happy Nice!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: