Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Too much time wrestling with McKenzie last night. Didn't think he was tripled teamed like others often suggest either.
A poor work rate I thought was his own worst enemy.
Thankfully he got in front in the final term and got a couple of marks.

His tall forward mate was similarly ineffective.

I wouldn't drop him. He takes a defender or two and allows others to have an easier time of it. Let's see how things go with Reid back in the team.

I think he's working his butt off but can't recall one forward entry that actually went to his advantage. McKenzie and Glass aren't mug defenders and if you give them half a sniff they generally nulify a forward. Same last week with Rutten and Talia. As for his speed, he actually lost 1 foot race against Glass that I can recall but Glass is one of the quickest players at the Weagles so need to put that into perspective.

THIS.

Our forward entrees are bloody shocking 90% of the time. Need to really work hard on this aspect.
As long as Cloke gets his form back by the time we are actually ready to win the flag, I'll be happy as Larry.. Twisted Evil
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Too much time wrestling with McKenzie last night. Didn't think he was tripled teamed like others often suggest either.

I wouldn't drop him. He takes a defender or two and allows others to have an easier time of it. Let's see how things go with Reid back in the team.

I think he's working his butt off but can't recall one forward entry that actually went to his advantage. McKenzie and Glass aren't mug defenders and if you give them half a sniff they generally nulify a forward. Same last week with Rutten and Talia. As for his speed, he actually lost 1 foot race against Glass that I can recall but Glass is one of the quickest players at the Weagles so need to put that into perspective.

THIS.

Our forward entrees are bloody shocking 90% of the time. Need to really work hard on this aspect.
As long as Cloke gets his form back by the time we are actually ready to win the flag, I'll be happy as Larry.. Twisted Evil

I think there is some merit in the crook back rumours though Laz, just not monstering defenders the way he was.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:26 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:

THIS.

I think there is some merit in the crook back rumours though Laz, just not monstering defenders the way he was.

Totally agree with you Daz. He seems to go at a pack mark or one on one duel at about 60% rat power instead of the usual 100%. He is definitely carrying something relating to his back, of that I'm certain. Hopefully it will come good in the next 3-4 weeks.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:13 pm

I think Trav is suffering something. It might be a Tom Hawkins 2013 type year for Cloke. Just has to battle through it and hold up the structure, then explode in 2015.

FWIW, he is out of form but I think he is still structurally important. Would not consider dropping him. We had 13 goal kickers last week so our attack is sound. That's pretty good considering we barely got the ball inside 50 for the first few quarters.

I don't think Reid or Karnezis should come in at Cloke's expense...I think they should come in to compliment Cloke.

Perhaps Cloke just needs to play a dummy role when Reid is back and try and get Reid or White on better match-ups.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Dare I say it, should the Q stick get a run now ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:59 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dare I say it, should the Q stick get a run now ??

He is injured Piesnchess, out for at least another 5 weeks.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Cloke chb Wayne Carey played there, or you swap roles with Jesse white
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Reid will have to play Back now Anyway
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:32 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
I think Trav is suffering something. It might be a Tom Hawkins 2013 type year for Cloke. Just has to battle through it and hold up the structure, then explode in 2015.

FWIW, he is out of form but I think he is still structurally important. Would not consider dropping him. We had 13 goal kickers last week so our attack is sound. That's pretty good considering we barely got the ball inside 50 for the first few quarters.

I don't think Reid or Karnezis should come in at Cloke's expense...I think they should come in to compliment Cloke.

Perhaps Cloke just needs to play a dummy role when Reid is back and try and get Reid or White on better match-ups.

I think it was Schwarz who said preseason that Cloke had a back problem and with his inability this season to win battles of strength when one out only leads me to think he was right.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:37 pm

swoop42 wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:

I think it was Schwarz who said preseason that Cloke had a back problem and with his inability this season to win battles of strength when one out only leads me to think he was right.

Yep, I remember Schwarz saying that. It completely knackered Hawkins' season last year, but he is back to his best now.

Hopefully, Clokey can get over his quicker, but I have a feeling the only remedy is a long rest.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Footy Show have just said that he has a knee issue that requires injections before each game. No wonder he is out of form.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: