Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do you feel sorry for Heater?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do You Feel Sorry for Heater?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
No
79%
 79%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 58

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
while Taylor Adams isn't getting senior football at the present

Very Tough Midfield to get into.

GWS where just Kids

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:25 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Beast wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Heath was a very good player but his errant disposal and brain snaps were bad and getting worse last year. Factor that plus his absolute ineptness every time we played Hawthorn (they were in his head for sure) and a reputed disruptive off field influence and you were left with an expendable player who was ripe for trade.

It was smart for us and probably good for him financially although his form at GWS hasn't been anything to write home about at present.

I don't think you can really blame Buckley for Heath being set in his established ways as set under Malthouse as Beast has done, it's just two guys that didn't gel as player and coach. It happens all the time at every club and will continue to do so and no one is really at fault because people are just different.

I think Langdon has fitted into a quasi version of Heaths role more than adequately anyway and to be honest we look a lot more stable down back this year than we did with Heath there last year.

And thats exactly my take on it and therefore it takes two to tango Wink
Heater wasn't able to adhere and adapt to Bucks' philosophies and Bucks wasn't able to extract the best out of him, keep him in line and utilise him in the most beneficial manner for the side.
Prior to Bucks taking over Heater was bordering on being elite player of the comp, injuries and woeful form by the likes of Maxwell has forced him to play deep in backline and curtailed his creative flair which led to the deterioration of his on field discipline.
Heater was prepared to work through this and expressed his eternal love of the Club and desire to stay only a couple of weeks prior to being traded but Bucks has put him into too hard to deal with basket and decided that trading him for a GWS b-grader who he once coached was an easier option.
And for the last time I'm not blaming Bucks for Heater's departure, like I stated initially the man is responsible for his own fate but it's foolish to suggest things wouldn't have turned out differently had Bucks had better men-management skills.
I don't feel sorry for Heater, I'm just very sad about the way this has unfolded and will forever consider it as a black mark in our Club's history.

As normal, always condemning the club and it management or coaching staff.

Heater is an adult, not a 14 year old kid. Heater needs to take responsibility for his decisions. Heater needs to understand that there are repercussions for adverse behaviour. Heater needs to understand that he is a highly paid professional footballer. He needs to understand that his undisciplined behaviour on the field detracts from the over all effort of the team, distracts other players who are attempting to control him instead of playing the game and his efforts reduce our chances of winning.

As for feeling sorry for Heater and a Black Mark on the club, wake up and smell the roses.

THIS.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Blaming the club/administrators/coaches/managers for Heater's behaviour ON the field is like blaming the ground flight controller for a plane going missing or being hijacked during a flight. Planely (pun intended!) stupid... Rolling Eyes
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:46 am

The only aspect I will concede in respect to Buckley is that from a management view point you get better at dealing with the Heaters of the world as you gain experience and maturity. As such you would expect that someone with MM's experience should be able to deal with Heather more effectively than Buckley.

That said, there were a few aspects of MM management style that concerned me over the years and one aspect that I cannot tolerate is where he treated some much better than others solely based upon his inbuilt like or dislike for an individual. I think that this is very unprofessional, is destructive to the group and does not form unity.

When Buckley was employed we all knew that this was his first senior coaching role and it would be naïve to expect him to have the consummate people skills that only comes with experience.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 am

^^^

MM always had his Favourites and if you where not 1 of them then you where wasting your Time at the Club.

Pathetic by MM

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:44 am

Dave The Man wrote:

GWS where just Kids

True.

Was only mentioning Adams 'cause of the earlier mention of him not playing at the moment, at the moment I am not that concerned about him playing VFL, because that means we're developing him for the future with Langdon playing well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:59 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

GWS where just Kids

True.

Was only mentioning Adams 'cause of the earlier mention of him not playing at the moment, at the moment I am not that concerned about him playing VFL, because that means we're developing him for the future with Langdon playing well.

Adams playing VFL at present is the best method to develop him for the future at Collingwood.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:08 pm

I don't feel sorry for him, this was his doing.

I'm happy with the trade, we obviously lose short term but we'll be a mile in front "if" Adams lives up to his promise.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:30 pm

think positive wrote:
David, life just isn't equal for everyone, you gotta make an effort.

Where did I suggest otherwise? It was clear (and had been for some time) that Heath was an extremely good player who worked very hard on the field but had problems with (on-field and off-field) discipline. I thought the pros far outweighed the cons, but Buckley thought differently. Fair enough. I just wish it could have worked out better.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Lazza wrote:
Adams playing VFL at present is the best method to develop him for the future at Collingwood.

No arguments here, looking forward to him in the future in that midfield.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:34 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
David, life just isn't equal for everyone, you gotta make an effort.

Where did I suggest otherwise? It was clear (and had been for some time) that Heath was an extremely good player who worked very hard on the field but had problems with (on-field and off-field) discipline. I thought the pros far outweighed the cons, but Buckley thought differently. Fair enough. I just wish it could have worked out better.

Pre 2012 the pros outweighed the cons. By the end of 2013 neither Heath's form or his attitude warranted him being picked, so it was time to move on.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:39 pm

You say that, but he was still being picked week after week, including in the infamous Elimination Final. Was his form really so bad? I never saw anything to suggest he was falling out of favour (although I'm guessing stuff might have been happening behind the scenes). That's why I felt like it was a bit of a knee-jerk decision to get rid of him.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:41 pm

That's my assessment of his form. I'd have dropped him several times during the year if it were my decision. He was a liability for much of the year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: