Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trial by Media! - Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Negligent, high impact, has a reasonable record I think - two weeks with a plea.

Agree, was a brain fade but it is what it is. Goodies should similar, maybe a little less because of lower impact.

Yep, hardly saw it at the game. Only saw the replay. Two weeks is just about right. Let him have a good rest and return in time for the Hawks. No probs. Cool
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
You people still don't get how the AFL works!

Losing Sidey for the next two doesn't really hurt us that badly as we've got the Lions & doggies. It actually provides an opportunity to get a look at a couple of kids, particularly Martin & Maybe Ben Kennedy.

IIt’s the week after that when we need our best side to beat Hawthorn, and THAT is why he'll get 3 weeks. No intent to harm, perfect record, all of that means zip. Whatever bullshit they cloak it in, it'll be 3 weeks out so he can't play against Hawthorn.

What really pisses me off is the fact that the behaviour of whole sides isn't taken into account. We are the cleanest team playing. A Malthouse dictate that Bucks is continuing. We are disciplined, don't get sucked into fights, don't retaliate, and almost never get done for things like this. the last one was Wellingham 3 years ago. Compare us to dirty sides like Geelong who beat the snot out of players once the ball has moved on and duck more than a Kennedy. Do we get any kind of benefit from this? Only what we give ourselves, the umpires still award us the least frees of any side. We have won the free kick count only three times this year compared to Geelong's 7 & Hawthorn's 6. Any area of the game where the opinions of ex-players is taken into account sees us coming last, it's that simple, and the numbers back it up. But we do nothing about it except pay for the maintenance of other sides. Eddie hit it on the head when he mentioned how we get screwed in the draw and how much we have to pay.

Scuse me quoting myself, but don't tell me I don't know this game and the f&*kwits that run it. I even looked for a market on sports bet but there wasn't one. If they could've possibly justified it they would've had him out until the Port game, but given that they were always going to let Goodes & Boomer walk it might've looked a bit obvious.
And so the cleanest team in the game loses a vital player ahead of a huge match. Anyone remember the 2002-03 finals?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: