Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL Hall of Fame

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

nomadjack wrote:
Carey would be a major omission if not for his induction in 2010... Wink
Johnson was a six time all Australian, that's a reasonable pedigree for Hall of Fame I would have thought. Much better than Kouta's record (2 times).

If you're referring to Wokko's comment Wink I think you'll find he said 'Legend' status, not just in the HoF.

As Albert Parker pointed out the Legend status is closed presently as it can't comprise of more than 10% of all Hall of Famers.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 am

The next Hall of Famer to be elevated to Legend status will be this man:

dicklee.jpg

Dick Lee

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:17 pm

^^^ That would be a great call, Presti35.

As for Brad Johnson, I guess my reaction to it is that the Hall of Fame is full of players who - to the extent I saw them play - I mostly remember with respect and affection (yes, even the Blooz players), despite the pain they might have inflicted on 'Pie supporters from time to time. But Johnson isn't in that camp - he was a solid player who probably got over the line only because he played so many games for a club that doesn't have much to celebrate. From where I watched, he played against Collingwood about 25 times and never really did much. I used to worry before games about who was going to play on Kouta, Tredrea or McLeod - they were out-and-out match-winners who could turn a game, irrespective of the quality of the opposition. I probably would have worried more about Richo if his team hadn't been so hopeless for most of his career and, in any event, he certainly was a spectacular player. Johnson, by contrast, seemed to me to be a "neat" player who mostly saved his best for the rubbish teams.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Damien wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Johnson was a six time all Australian, that's a reasonable pedigree for Hall of Fame I would have thought. Much better than Kouta's record (2 times).

If you're referring to Wokko's comment Wink I think you'll find he said 'Legend' status, not just in the HoF.

As Albert Parker pointed out the Legend status is closed presently as it can't comprise of more than 10% of all Hall of Famers.

I know...I was referring to An Inkling's comments about Carey, Johnson and Kouta...
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:44 pm

nomadjack wrote:
Damien wrote:
nomadjack wrote:

I know...I was referring to An Inkling's comments about Carey, Johnson and Kouta...

Yeah, I have little idea who is actually in the Hall of Fame. Just following on from Wokko's comment, but had missed the Legend bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: