Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Peta Searle

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If the AFL are paying her wage then quite obviously, it's a token gesture but who does it hurt? If the worst that can happen is the St. Kilda football club doesn't get coached properly then it's wins all round.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:24 am

OFF topic a bit, but isn't it high bloody time women played three sets in tennis to win, just as men do. ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:03 pm

swoop42 wrote:
dalyc wrote:
I'm glad she's getting a go. And has been said elsewhere she'll provide a model for footballers that women are more than sex objects.

Then perhaps the women who actively pursue footballers should stop acting like them.

Getting tired of people thinking we're still living in the 50's where women are always the innocent party whose virtues must be protected.

Women want equal rights?

Fine.

Now start taking responsibility for your actions as well.

I agree that these perceptions are shaped by more than mere misogyny, but equal rights shouldn't be conditional. They should be demanded whether some women "take responsibility for their actions" or not.

Piesnchess wrote:
OFF topic a bit, but isn't it high bloody time women played three sets in tennis to win, just as men do. ??

Why? Is there a strong push amongst female tennis players for this to be the case? My understanding is that it's generally accepted that male players' stamina is generally better (in matters of the physical, nature is sexist) and female players are happy with the shorter matches. Otherwise, I'm sure it'd change if there was serious demand for it.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:12 pm

^^I'm certainly not in favour. The Australian Open would go forever. Though with the lack of depth in women's tennis most of the early rounds would be straight sets. And men only play best of three most of the year anyway.

And if we're talking that kind of equality, women shouldn't even have there own comp, they should be competing with the men.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:15 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^I'm certainly not in favour. The Australian Open would go forever. Though with the lack of depth in women's tennis most of the early rounds would be straight sets. And men only play best of three most of the year anyway.

And if we talking that kind of equality, women shouldn't even have there own comp, they should be competing with the men.

That still wouldn't guarantee Bernard Tomic making it past the first round.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: