Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks Press Conference

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS THE GREATEST 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 pm
Post subject: Bucks Press ConferenceReply with quote

I always enjoy listening to Nathan Buckley talk and how well he delivers his thoughts and answers the questions, even from a young kid asking him the last question. Regardless of the result he always makes me feel better listening to his words of wisdom. He represents the club and himself so well I am so proud to support the club with this legend being the main man. Could be worse the flog from scumsville could still be in charge treating everyone like crap. I will leave you with my favorite quote from the presser today

"Society in general we are really good at finding things that we don't like and that aren't perfect, but there is very little perfection in the world"

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's much more balanced and level headed than that former coach of ours whose now coaching the scum who used to blame and berate everyone when he had the shits, talk in riddles and metaphors and make no sense at all.

Much prefer Bucks. He's younger, brighter, more media savvy and gives a good straight forward answer in comparison to he who shall not be named.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:10 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again... will go on to be one of the most successful Collingwood coaches ever. The Black Caviar of AFL.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:24 pm

He does a fantastic Interview
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:34 pm

His media performance aside, his greatest genius is that he can turn boys into men.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 pm

The Witch trying to have a Go at Bucks getting rid of Stars.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Bucks speaks the way any great leader speaks with humility and common sense and doesn't need to belittle people in the process.
It makes perfect sense why the playing group is buying into his plans so deeply.
Watched his interview and he answered all questions and gave a honest opinion each time.
More interesting to me was when Trav got pinged for a jersey sling the ball had just sailed into our forward 50 when it was called back.
They showed Trav on the bench on the phone to the coach. Bucks was obviously telling him it was stupid and Cloke was. Oddity his head in agreement but you could tell by Bucks body language he wasn't berating the player but simply reminding him of the team first ethos required.
I actually look forward to the coach interviews a they are all different beasts some just give cliche answers others half answer and some give a very good insight into the there thoughts which in Bucks.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 am

Yep, I think he had a learning curve, but I like everything I'm seeing now. Another great call by the President, holding true to a man that obviously has oustanding leadership ability and self-awareness. he makes me proud of my club every time he opens his mouth.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:53 am

I got annoyed with the media this morning saying Bucks has come and and said we can win the Premiership. He said nothing like that. He said our best footy is good enough to beat any other team.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:26 am
Post subject: Re: Bucks Press ConferenceReply with quote

BUCKS THE GREATEST wrote:

"Society in general we are really good at finding things that we don't like and that aren't perfect, but there is very little perfection in the world"

a few years ago mick mentioned something similar in a presser. he said something along the lines that footy fans expected perfection from every action and it was never going to happen, not with the pressure the players are under most of the time.

you only have to listen to supporters during the games to hear the unrealistic or misaligned expectations many have. this is not the sole domain of collingwood supporters but i find many dreadful to listen to. the other week, for example, essendon were 52 points up against that hapless mob from punt road and their supporters were still getting stuck into them. i told some of them to calm the **** down, enjoy the lead and support their team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: