Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Marley Williams our Hodge

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
Damien wrote:
Marley and Langdon are super efficient with their ball use, never panic and cool headed in heavy traffic. Seedsman heading down the same track as he gets more game time under his belt post his operation, and with even more attacking flair. These three along with Frosty and Keefe could end up playing 200 games together. What an understanding they'll develop together. And what tight unit they'll become.

Think Scarlett, enright, Corey, Kelly and Mackie etc at Geelong.

As Bucks said tonight on Footy Classified: they are the future of the club but they're delivering NOW.

i would like to reinforce this post because in a lot of ways it explains why we are poutperforming expectations this year!

Jack Frost, in my opinion, has become one of the best key position ackmen in the GAME! His closing speed is unbelievable. the way he can get a hand into a contest where normally you would say "nothing the backman could have done about that!" is quite extraordinary. Throw in that he tackles like Goldsack and runs very well and is poised and balanced just makes him the complete package. someone with time might list his scalps in 2014! I'm sure its an impressive list.

Langdon is exactly as Damian desribes. A cool head in a young body. always seems to take the right option, but more importantly, has excellent hands which gives him more time than most to weigh his options.

Keefe is one i'm not 100% sold on yet, but for only one reason. when he gets beaten a couple of times, he is prone to severe issues with his confidence. This means that when he is playing well, he is brilliant, but it makes him vulnerable under severe pressure (which is what he is going to face come finals time against the top teams). Mind you, these are issues most young kids tend to have to deal with (we are just lucky that Langdon and Frost dont seem to fit into that category).

Finally, i love the idea that in Marley Williams we have a player that everyone in the league knows is capable of inflicting grievous bodily harm. He is the modern day Stan Magro!

Seedsman, Young and Harry L are the linebreakers!

What a great defensive unit, providing a great springboard to attack!

Bravo Nathan! i must confess, i did not expect this group of players to be as good as they are individually!

Now the real question is - is it nurture or nature??

i say its nurture. and to reinforce the point, i'd like to mention something
Derek Hine said to my dad a few months ago about Patrick Karnezis. he said that the pies are treating him basically as a first year player because absolutely no development was put into the kid in his time at brisbane. Now i'm not sure what that means, but i wonder why the good football teams seem to get so much out of their kids whereas others do not. are the teams picking the wrong players or is it more the case, which i would argue, that these 17 and 18 year old playters arent being developed to their full potential by their clubs?????

Great Post!

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Needs to use the Ball way Better 1st

Uses the footy way better than Adams but you seem to be able to overlook that... bit of balance in your comments please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: