Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman on AFL 360

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:02 pm
Post subject: Seedsman on AFL 360Reply with quote

Just watched young seedy on AFL 360. I must what an impressive young man the way he spoke and presented himself.
I was unaware his grand mothers father was Collingwood president in the early 1900's
He joked how until he moved out of home last year he still had a poster of Bucks on his bedroom wall.
He joked how the boys give him a ribbing about it and how he was in awe of his first meeting with Bucks after he was drafted.
He said being a life long Pies supporter he was over the moon when Hines called his name out in the draft.
He said he was a work in progress still learning when to take the game on and when to stay defensive.
He said he is gaining full match fitness and was blowing a fair bit at times during the QB game
His parting comment how he spent many a day at Vic park watching his beloved magpies.
So pleased to see a kid like this who has got the chance to play for the club he supported as a kid and now has a chance to put his own name in the magpie history books.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it was Common knowledge he was a big Pies fan. He even knew the debut boots Pendles wore.

Agree though. Sounded like a solid personality/character.

just needs to get super fit so we can see more of those long runs and spearing kicks.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Love this kid, still a few weeks away from regaining full fitness I'd reckon. Still like to see him running off a wing.

PS: Be nice if Seed, Young, and H could start hitting up those shots on goal from outside 50. Haven't had anyone doing it consistently since Lonie, but all 3 of these guys have had their opportunities without taking them.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:08 am

jackcass wrote:
Love this kid, still a few weeks away from regaining full fitness I'd reckon. Still like to see him running off a wing.

PS: Be nice if Seed, Young, and H could start hitting up those shots on goal from outside 50. Haven't had anyone doing it consistently since Lonie, but all 3 of these guys have had their opportunities without taking them.

I saw some footage during the last week of Ryan Lonie during the very early 2000's, gee-wiz, that silky left boot from 50 and beyond was supreme!

Harry L has bombed some nice goals in his time too. Seedy's time will come. As for Youngy, I'm just glad the bloke can get on the paddock. If he can snag a few ala Lones, I'll be rapt, but at this stage, he doesn't get much passed the wing.

Go the pies!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:09 am

Kid living his Dream
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:04 am

melliot wrote:
Thought it was Common knowledge he was a big Pies fan. He even knew the debut boots Pendles wore.

just needs to get super fit so we can see more of those long runs and spearing kicks.

Yeah Melliot I knew he was a pies fan didn't realize his grand mothers father was our club president over 100yrs ago.
The black and white blood runs very deep.
He spoke very well I was impressed. Some times younger players who haven't had much media exposure struggle in front of a camera or microphone but he seemed very relaxed.
Can't wait for him to get another 4-5 games under his belt to see his fitness improve I think we have found 4 or 5 200+ gamers this season in seedy, langdon, frosty, marley, Thomas, Adams
Very exciting future add them to Cloke, Beams, Pendles, sidey, Elliot, Grundy, Witts, Reid and several others and we have a nucleus of a decade of being a very competitive team.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:38 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Very exciting future add them to Cloke, Beams, Pendles, sidey, Elliot, Grundy, Witts, Reid and several others and we have a nucleus of a decade of being a very competitive team.

Hopefully a very successful, flag winning team. Laughing
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:10 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
melliot wrote:

Yeah Melliot I knew he was a pies fan didn't realize his grand mothers father was our club president over 100yrs ago.
The black and white blood runs very deep.
He spoke very well I was impressed. Some times younger players who haven't had much media exposure struggle in front of a camera or microphone but he seemed very relaxed.
Can't wait for him to get another 4-5 games under his belt to see his fitness improve I think we have found 4 or 5 200+ gamers this season in seedy, langdon, frosty, marley, Thomas, Adams

Not only that but his grandfather played a game while pres.
Believe he was the last ( maybe only) pres to do so

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:12 am

jackcass wrote:

Geeze, Benny Johnston in the last few years used to consistently nail goals running on from outside 50

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:35 am

MJ23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Geeze, Benny Johnston in the last few years used to consistently nail goals running on from outside 50

I say occasionally from outside 50, more often than not ran through the 50 and rammed it home. I'm not saying we don't have guys who do it occasionally, just that Lonie was the last player I can recall doing it consistently, and we're now getting a few blokes with the leg to emulate that. Seed had an opportunity Monday and missed, Young (2 goals from 10 games) has had a few shots this season and don't think he's nailed 1 long bomb, H's (2 goals from 11 games) goal kicking has dried up a bit this season and I can't recall 1 long bomb.

I'm not trying to be negative, just highlighting a team development opportunity that improves flexibility and reduces predictability.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

jackcass wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I say occasionally from outside 50, more often than not ran through the 50 and rammed it home. I'm not saying we don't have guys who do it occasionally, just that Lonie was the last player I can recall doing it consistently, and we're now getting a few blokes with the leg to emulate that. Seed had an opportunity Monday and missed, Young (2 goals from 10 games) has had a few shots this season and don't think he's nailed 1 long bomb, H's (2 goals from 11 games) goal kicking has dried up a bit this season and I can't recall 1 long bomb.

I'm not trying to be negative, just highlighting a team development opportunity that improves flexibility and reduces predictability.

Don't get me wrong. I should have said I agreed with the initial post.
Seedy needs to start nailing those to get the confidence to add it as a part of his natural game. Young has proven ability just can't seem to execute.
Marley has shown the capability and I think Langdon also could do it consistently.
H hits them off and on.
Seeds and Langdon for me are the ones who could genuinely add it as a weapon.

Johnno though nailed it from outside 50 fairly regularly as I remember when he finished up thinking we would miss that ability. What he wouldn't do though is run from half back through the ground and nail it as seedy threatens.
Much to do with our boundary hugging game plan I think.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Yep true Jackass we have missed the great H Bomb from 50 this year!

www.facebook/the hybernators
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Hell yeah would love to see us put away teams earlier in the match.
We're creating lots of shots on goal in decent field position but can't
capitalise on the good work. Seeds is not Robinson Caruso there.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:08 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Hell yeah would love to see us put away teams earlier in the match.
We're creating lots of shots on goal in decent field position but can't
capitalise on the good work. Seeds is not Robinson Caruso there.

Yep, and I'd just like to reinforce that I wasn't singling out Seeds for missing, I was applauding him for having a crack. If he'd kicked that goal it provides such a lift to both the team onfield and the crowd. Bit like Swanny ANZAC day shrugging off a couple of bombers players, throwing a don't argue and running through 50 and kicking the goal. They're the moments we all remember.
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Seeds' kicking is elite without a doubt but right now it's at about 80/90% capacity due to the lack of match fitness.
Chances are he'll start nailing these long roosts more often than not as the year goes on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: