Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Need for new Stadium in Waverley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 pm
Post subject: WellReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
We really are spoilt aren't we? Look at Sydney, they need to go out to Homebush for their second stadium. But no the whiners from the Eastern suburbs want a stadium next door to where they live, bugger anyone else Rolling Eyes.

Etihad?

Cold? Waverly was at least an average of 10 degrees cooler than Etihad. They didn't call it Arctic park for nothing.

Wasteland end of the city? Yeah sure. It's a 5 minute tram ride from the rest of the city and no one's asking you to live there, just watch footy.

Parking? What sane person is driving when there is a train station across the road? I have never driven to Etihad. Still, I'm sure some people have their reasons and I do know that there is parking, whether it's adequate or not I would not know.

Expensive food? Again, what sane person buys food at the football if they are so upset about the prices? Bring your own or go a couple of hours without eating. It is possible.

Etihad is a world class facility, conveniently located. Anyone who would want a ground that is a nightmare for anyone who doesn't live in the area to get to and located out in the wasteland of the suburbs, is just complaining for the sake of it. We have some of the best sporting facilities in the world here in Melbourne. There aren't too many cities that can boast three major stadiums and a world class tennis facility. Getting rid of Waverly and building a proper stadium in the CBD was one of the best decisions the AFL has ever made.

Spoken like a true member of the Chardonnay set, narrow minded and short sighted. Hows the Medallion club going, nice and warm like a friggin lounge room is it, rubbing shoulders with the movers and shakers, the Opera crowd set ? Fact is, had Waverley had a rail way line, it would have thrived, and by not having a footy ground out that way, hundreds of thousands of fans who live in massive growth areas like Cranbourne, Pakenham, Narre warren, Hallam, Berwick, Gipplsland, even out my way near Bayswater, are denied a handy ground, that could have seated 100 000, far more than the Ethihad shithole you rave about. You can keep your Etihad shithole and all it represents, thanks very much, as for world class facility, that's a joke, and it is damn cold with that friggin roof shut, with its fake grass, I love the G, but not that shithole, most unfamily friendly ground of all time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Well spoken. But my issue is with the asians buying up all our good real estate where we could out a decent ground eg: Waverley. And DTM you are right. They are getting bigger due to our food and beer. They'll start looking like us soon. Good aussie physiques.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:21 pm
Post subject: WellReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
We really are spoilt aren't we? Look at Sydney, they need to go out to Homebush for their second stadium. But no the whiners from the Eastern suburbs want a stadium next door to where they live, bugger anyone else Rolling Eyes.

Etihad?

Cold? Waverly was at least an average of 10 degrees cooler than Etihad. They didn't call it Arctic park for nothing.

Wasteland end of the city? Yeah sure. It's a 5 minute tram ride from the rest of the city and no one's asking you to live there, just watch footy.

Parking? What sane person is driving when there is a train station across the road? I have never driven to Etihad. Still, I'm sure some people have their reasons and I do know that there is parking, whether it's adequate or not I would not know.

Expensive food? Again, what sane person buys food at the football if they are so upset about the prices? Bring your own or go a couple of hours without eating. It is possible.

Etihad is a world class facility, conveniently located. Anyone who would want a ground that is a nightmare for anyone who doesn't live in the area to get to and located out in the wasteland of the suburbs, is just complaining for the sake of it. We have some of the best sporting facilities in the world here in Melbourne. There aren't too many cities that can boast three major stadiums and a world class tennis facility. Getting rid of Waverly and building a proper stadium in the CBD was one of the best decisions the AFL has ever made.

Spoken like a true member of the Chardonnay set, narrow minded and short sighted. Hows the Medallion club going, nice and warm like a friggin lounge room is it, rubbing shoulders with the movers and shakers, the Opera crowd set ? Fact is, had Waverley had a rail way line, it would have thrived, and by not having a footy ground out that way, hundreds of thousands of fans who live in massive growth areas like Cranbourne, Pakenham, Narre warren, Hallam, Berwick, Gipplsland, even out my way near Bayswater, are denied a handy ground, that could have seated 100 000, far more than the Ethihad shithole you rave about. You can keep your Etihad shithole and all it represents, thanks very much, as for world class facility, that's a joke, and it is damn cold with that friggin roof shut, with its fake grass, I love the G, but not that shithole, most unfamily friendly ground of all time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Well spoken. But my issue is with the asians buying up all our good real estate where we could out a decent ground eg: Waverley. And DTM you are right. They are getting bigger due to our food and beer. They'll start looking like us soon. Good aussie physiques.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: