Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We will go far in September despite been out of top4

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Shwany.
Week to week, we're probably just short of being a top 4 side.
But we can beat Port Aqua and Hawthorn on our day with close to our best side in, I believe we have Geelong and Sydney covered when it matters, and give me Fremantle at the MCG anyday.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:13 pm

After last years finish and the player turnover and injuries now sustained in 2014, just making the finals is a step forward. Anything more I would consider a leap forward.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 pm

being
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Realistically, with all our youngsters, I think we will finish sixth, and perhaps win one final, hopefully. That is about all I can see at this stage, but winning a final will be a big plus over last season, and will be a big springboard for next season, where we could make a Prelim even. Its baby steps folks, step by step, one step at a time. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks for explaining about all I can see at this stage but winning a final will be a big plus over last season and will be a big springboard for next season where we could make a Prelim .
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Damien wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:
Yours and Inkling's positivity is commended during this time, but..............if we could some how make the final 8, and win a final, that'd be gold for where we are this year. We are 7-10 on the ladder at the end in my honest two eyed Collingwood vision.

We are young and old, and nothing in-between.

2015 is no grand final.

2016 / 2017 a good chance.

This year and next is a grit the teeth time for Collingwood.

I agree with others that a finals win this year is probably not a bad result in reality. But I strongly disagree that next year should not be a legitimate pop at it if our development can continue to track positively.

We should have at least half a dozen of our emerging brigade hitting their best years in footy next year eg: Elliot, Faz, seeds, Langdon, Marley, Keefe etc..

We need them to be up and about when we'll be looking at a downturn potentially in some of the ageing brigade eg: Swanny, Harry

I disagree that there is nothing between the young and the old. Beams, Pendles, clokey, Reid, Sidebottom etc have a lot of footy still to play.

Yeah, I agree. The absence of players between our older guys and our younger guys was more relevant in 2010.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:27 pm

I would love to see us make a preliminary final outside the top 4 like we did in 2007 but I think the competition is better this time round as opposed to 2007 where Geelong was a mile ahead of everyone else that year. It's amazing we got so close to beating them in the prelim that year to be honest.

Anyway, I think if we win a final this year and have a good performance in the second week of the finals despite possibly not winning the game I'll be happy considering I was quite pessimistic about our chances heading into the season. At most I really hope we can win a final at the very least if we make the top 8. Realistically we'll finish in the 5-8 mark, but I have us in 6th which was the same as last year but hopefully this year we'll win a final unlike last year which ended prematurely for my liking.

I think we're on track with development but it's going to take some time to adjust and completely develop into a great team. Forget about 2009 to 2011, those days are gone and we can't keep thinking we'll always be like that every year but I certainly think we're building toward something similar in the near future and hopefully it starts appearing in the next few years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: