Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Glass half full - we are building

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Didn't win a quarter against the Hawks. We're further back than we care to admit

Are you ever happy you miserable silverfish!

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Glass half full - we are buildingReply with quote

richo wrote:
I like the direction we're headed in, a very young side who look to be learning. We are not top 4 material at the moment but the signs are promising. Realistically if we can make and win a final this year then that is a step forward. We need to be aggressive in picking up another quality mid. But I think the future looks good and today's game showed patches of what we can and will be. Go pies.[/u]

I agree but this is not false optimism, its reality. We have cleared out a lot on the list & have recruited a lot of youngsters.

We have been hit by injury & our first two high draft picks (4 & 10) are yet to play. Exciting prospects ahead.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:42 am
Post subject: Re: Glass half full - we are buildingReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
richo wrote:
I like the direction we're headed in, a very young side who look to be learning. We are not top 4 material at the moment but the signs are promising. Realistically if we can make and win a final this year then that is a step forward. We need to be aggressive in picking up another quality mid. But I think the future looks good and today's game showed patches of what we can and will be. Go pies.[/u]

I agree but this is not false optimism, its reality. We have cleared out a lot on the list & have recruited a lot of youngsters.

We have been hit by injury & our first two high draft picks (4 & 10) are yet to play. Exciting prospects ahead.

That's 6 and 10 but yeah, I'm with you guys.

Fasolo, Maxwell, Goldsack, Brown, Reid, Sinclair, Sidebottom, Lynch, Karnezis, Scharenberg, Freeman, Oxley, Hudson, Gault, and Ramsay did not play at either AFL or VFL level this week so to be competitive with the Dawks for all but 10 minutes on the back of a dodgy throwing the ball decision was full of merit. That's 30% of our squad missing.

Yeah I know people will say Blair, Thomas et al didn't play at AFL or VFL level standard either... your opinion, your doom and gloom philosophy.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood fans are not a very patient lot are we, some of us anyway. I have seen two flags in my fifty five years of Pies barracking, -that I can recall-and realise I just must be patient and wait for the next taste of ultimate glory. Consider, the doggies have not MADE a GF since 1961, howd you like that eh. ? We are pretty fortunate really, though I do concede we should have at least 20 flags minimum. GFs are SO hard to make, but SO hard to win. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: