Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

JOFFA'S EVICTION!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VMB 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 10:04 am
Post subject: JOFFA'S EVICTION!Reply with quote

I'm angry, very angry- this is MY game and these insidious over zealous security morons (No. 142) are trying and what's worse succeeeding in destroying our Australian football culture.

Last night I witnessed the sad, sorry state of politically correct and sanitised AFL football. The eviction of Joffa from the ground was a crime against the ordinary passionate grass-roots supporter. Something has to be done by the AFL (Clubs) to support their cheersquads. Imagine our game without the run-thrus, without the colour of the floggers and flags, without the countless hours of unpaid time and effort put in by devoted cheersquad members and none is more devoted and passionate than our Joffa.

OK, shoot me down in flames - I know the cheersquad is there to support our team but where was the support for Joffa last night? Where was our unity for one another when we could see what a traversity of justice was occurring to one of our own - our leader? Why didn't we all back Joffa and leave as one?..only to return when he was allowed to...."side by side we stick together". Yeah, I know I'm getting a bit carried away by it all but it just sticks in my craw at the injustice of it all!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

VMB,

We probably should have taken it a bit further than we did. A few of us managed to start up a bit of an anti-Security demo at quarter-time and at one point I gave No.142 the sort of look that she'll be having nightmares about for the rest of her life with any luck. I was quite prepared to get thrown out if necessary. But I was instructed by a Cheer Squad committee member to just concentrate on the game and let it go. And being fundamentally a coward, I did as I was told.

I don't know if a mass walk out would have achieved much. It would have been a noble gesture ... but I really don't think the authorities would have cared all that much. It would have been a big plus for Security because they wouldn't have had the Cheer Squad to worry about for the rest of the game.

There's no doubt that No.142 has made a very grave error of judgement and I'm just wondering if there's any sort of legal action you can take in a situation like this. It would be great if Joffa could somehow sue the daylights out of the bitch. After all, she has deprived him of something that is very hard to put a monetary value on. People get millions of dollars out of things like this. It won't get those two quarters of football back for Joffa ... but at least he could count his millions while feeling bad about it.

When you think about it, No.142 has made herself the judge, jury and executioner. It's called summary justice. And the potential for a miscarriage of justice is blatantly obvious.

Slater and Gordon !
You might be interested in this.

**floreat pica**

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 10:38 am

VMB.....great post and sentiments...... your damned if u do and your damned if you dont..... My thoughts on Friday nite equalled yours but one or two ppl departing the cheersquad wouldn't have made much difference.... en masse wouldve been the way... but as U know we have to do wot we are told....lol... then I thought we have to carry on for Joff....... we achieved Nil either way.... Very sad nite..... But next week we have to regroup......forget and give them what for........

BE LOUD.......BE PROUD

Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:27 pm

As much as it sounds like these idiots are at it again, the bottom line is Joffa didn't miss much.

'Go trig boy, it's your birthday'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: