Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?
Two or more weeks and season done
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
73%
 73%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 96

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
bucking awesome wrote:
A woman I work with knows Laura Kane well. She is a Melbourne supporter. Her daughter and Laura went to Melbourne games together. Maybe a journo should ask if that clouded her judgement. I don’t believe it did but that’s how journalism works these days.

That’s odd because I keep hearing she barracked for Collingwood. No wonder the MRO is confused

Christian played in a winning Collingwood GF.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:28 am

From my views of the incident Brayshaw deviated towards Maynard after he had leapt to smother. And with Maynard directly in his line of sight there is only one person responsible for the collision.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:05 pm

Even Kane Cornes, who has no love for us, reckons Maynard has nothing to answer for. So, we add him too, former players like Ling, Ramanaskus, Boomer Harvey, Lloyd, all said he cannot be suspended for that, was just a footy accident.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:45 pm

From my cursory understanding of the rules, he will either get 3 weeks or else the case will be dismissed, either at the Tribunal or on appeal.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:58 pm

From Graham Cornes not a noted Collingwood fan!

"The outcome aside, there was no intent to hurt Brayshaw and it appears that Michael Christian, the Match Review Officer saw it that way and believed that Maynard had no case to answer.

Subsequently, the AFL and its new chief of football, Laura Kane, stepped in and insisted the case be referred directly to the AFL tribunal, meaning Maynard faces a minimum ban of three weeks. If that is the case, it would be an extraordinary abuse of power and another indication that the AFL’s powerbrokers have long since abandoned any feel for the game, or understanding of the pressures under which its most important commodity – its players – play.

Collingwood, quite rightly, will pursue this to the highest courts in the land."

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:01 pm

swoop42 wrote:
If Maynard isn't cleared I'll sit on the Weber at tea time and slowly cook, carve and consume my barbecued arse.

Please no stuffing recipe. I couldn’t handle it.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:14 pm

think better wrote:
From Graham Cornes not a noted Collingwood fan!

"The outcome aside, there was no intent to hurt Brayshaw and it appears that Michael Christian, the Match Review Officer saw it that way and believed that Maynard had no case to answer.

Subsequently, the AFL and its new chief of football, Laura Kane, stepped in and insisted the case be referred directly to the AFL tribunal, meaning Maynard faces a minimum ban of three weeks. If that is the case, it would be an extraordinary abuse of power and another indication that the AFL’s powerbrokers have long since abandoned any feel for the game, or understanding of the pressures under which its most important commodity – its players – play.

Collingwood, quite rightly, will pursue this to the highest courts in the land."

The exact mail I got. Fingers crossed the tribunal sees common sense, tells Laura to go climb her career ladder in a way that doesn’t throw people who don’t deserve it under a bus, and throws it out.
Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:19 pm

I'm listening to "It's just crazy stuff" - A vibrant and impassioned Paul Ehrlich, KC, speaks to 3AW Football about the incident that divided the footy world on 3AW
https://apps.apple.com/au/app/radio-3aw/id443063438

The Kings Counsel who represents Port Adelaide at the Tribunal on 3AW puts up the argument for Maynard. Reckons it’s a joke that he was even reported.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:36 pm
Post subject: Writing to the Club re BruzzyReply with quote

I have written to the club urging them to do everything in their power to make sure that Brayden Maynard is not suspended..FULL STOP

I have no faith in the AFL judicial system and am extremely frustrated that Laura Kane stepped in.

Carlton's lawyers were able to get Cripps off so he could win a Brownlow.

We need to go ALL OUT and make sure Brayden Maynard is not suspended.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:37 pm

The club will be all over this Orie.
They will take it all the way if they have to, but let's hope it gets thrown out straight away.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:44 pm

You should have heard them on that travesty of a sports show "Offsiders" on the ABC this morning. They (mainly Carro and Kellie Underwear) wanted Maynard hanged, drawn and quartered. I kid you not. Carro said, "I hate it when they say you never played the game." <snip – give the sexist remarks a rest please. Thanks, BBMods.>, because you never played the game you'd not know the moment Maynard was in the air there was NOTHING he could do once Brayshaw decided to keep on coming.

And the other thing, Brayshaw's concussion history is totally irrelevant to this case. If his family is so worried about it STOP PLAYING FOOTY!

We have to fight this one. Otherwise footy will be reduced to ballet within two years.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:49 pm

Can’t $£$%^%%$ stand that show, it’s like that talk show in the US with Whoopi Goldberg where they act self-righteous all the time. And damn $£$%^%%$ straight they haven’t played a single game but act like they know it all. Carro wouldn’t even have a media career if it weren’t for her old man.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:50 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Remember the Barry Hall court case that was adjourned until after the Grand Final? Why can’t Collingwood do the same thing if it was good for the AFL’s lovechild?

Lazza you know how the AFL has always worked. They don't need any excuse to shaft Collingwood in finals.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:54 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

Another story says Gill and Dillon were both involved as well.

Oh FFS I know they are kinky down at AFL House but that threesome sounds just a little too sick to believe. Laughing Laughing Laughing

If I was Chrisso I'd get out of there as quickly as possible. Does he have pictures?
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:04 pm

David wrote:
Almost makes one want Carlton to take them out in straight sets next week.

Almost.

True. But in any case Brisbane will finish them off at the Gabba the week after. No worries about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 16 of 55   

Jump to: