Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Dees. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:30 pm
Post subject: Game Day. Pies v. Dees. Late changes, comments.Reply with quote

Today. King's Birthday Match.

Collingwood v. Melbourne.

In: Nathan Kreuger, Will Hoskin-Elliott.

Out: Wil Parker, Ash Johnson. Both omitted.

Emerg: Edward Allan, Tew Jiath, Ash Johnson.

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

on topic, toss of the coin today, i feel the game could be won or lost in the first quater....if Melbourne are going to come out hot - it will be early.

'IF' this happens, and 'IF' we can stay in touch (remember the Dees have come back from the Alice last week)....we might be able to catch them late...

The number of outs we have reealy have seem to hurt us over the last few weeks....so i am not confident.

Heart says Pies can find a way....

Head says Dees run riot in the middle, who do we have to counter all of Petracca, Oliver and Gawn?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:49 pm

Hope Kreuger goes well today. I must admit I've lost faith in him being a long-term prospect for us because of his extensive injury history, but today is a great day for him to step up and lead our depleted forward line.

Hard match to tip, so I don't know what to think. Win this and we're a big chance to be in the top 4 when the bye arrives.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:14 pm

I have never lost faith in Krueger- the player. 'Krueger- the elite athlete' is the one who has troubled all Pies fans to date.

Anything greater than a goal and some very heavy physical contests from Krueger today is an absolute bonus. Whilst all wish him well, it has to be tempered by the fact he has missed a truckload of football.

He agreed to the trade to the 'Pies on the back of being assured that the Club would give him opportunities as a forward. He is such a hulking presence it could be a Godsend.

If he can hold the fort until after the bye and the return of: Mihocek, De Goey, Pendlebury, Cox, Richards and the like, he will have done his Club a huge service.

Good luck, Kruges

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:15 pm

All the best for Nathan Kreuger! I hope today can be the start of something special for him.
Go Pies!!
They can target Bruzza at their own peril.

think better 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:23 pm

I reckon WHE will be the lead up forward along with Krueger/Cameron
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:25 pm

Both Allen and Johnson played VFL at Casey yesterday and thanks for their efforts.

Jiath has to be the emergency and could be another debutant if Hill's ankle fails or some other surprise injury pops up before 2:20pm.

think better 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:28 pm

5 of these will do me -https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1103775/highlights-kreuger-keeps-pies-in-the-hunt?videoId=1103775&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1649939078001
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:34 pm

Contested footy for 4 qtrs. An ugly win is what we need. Freddy has to throw himself into everything.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:47 pm

Freddie to smash Mr arrogant sore loser, Smokin May, with 3 goals, and I reckon Bobby Hill will have a day out, 4 goals. Going to be tough, with all our Outs, but reckon we will have a red hot go all match , team effort.

Woods to either lose, or win, by 9 points. Go Woods !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:28 pm

Bytel is the sub
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:45 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Freddie to smash Mr arrogant sore loser, Smokin May, with 3 goals, and I reckon Bobby Hill will have a day out, 4 goals. Going to be tough, with all our Outs, but reckon we will have a red hot go all match , team effort.

Woods to either lose, or win, by 9 points. Go Woods !!

I think the latter will happen Piesnchess. Freddie will be a nightmare experience that will scare him shitless.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:06 pm

A season defining game if ever there was one. Funnily enough it’s still only worth 4pts….so technically no more important than last week, next week or the rest of the H&A season.

Other results this round thus far have been relatively favourable so a loss will not be as damaging to our finals aspirations as it could have been…and a win could well prove to be significant when the dust settles.

‘Will’ and ‘want’ will be critical today. Do we have the will to compete for every second of every quarter, every possession, every mark, to tackle incessantly, to run and support, to have a red hot go get knocked down and then get back up and try again? The want to do the hard things, to want to put your body on the line over and over, to block and shepherd, beat your man, to be resilient, to beat the odds and face adversity head on and overcome? I feel this team thrives on the challenge…they thrive on pressure…they sprinkle it on their corn flakes every morning. For that reason I believe the Mighty Pies will come away with a win in a hard fought see-sawing type game where management of momentum both for and against will be critical.

Happy to see Kroooogs in…although my expectations are relatively low I hope he can contribute by competing hard, keeping May occupied, giving a chop out for Cameron in the ruck, and maybe slotting a couple. For what it’s worth I still feel he has more chance of a successful career in the back line than as a forward…he has all the attributes required to be an AA CHB/FB and maybe his body might hold up better.

Pies by 5 in a heart stopper!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: